PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night Will Be Missing...

kevingrt
04-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Watching the Final Four starting lineups being announced I noticed Gene Honda is on the PA. That means we will be missing the best PA announcer in sports Sunday night. Unless he makes the drive up from Indy, which is very well possible.

We'll see though, I hope he makes the trip back up. Who doesn't love Gene!

chisoxfanatic
04-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Watching the Final Four starting lineups being announced I noticed Gene Honda is on the PA. That means we will be missing the best PA announcer in sports Sunday night. Unless he makes the drive up from Indy, which is very well possible.

We'll see though, I hope he makes the trip back up. Who doesn't love Gene!

Einhorn is down there too, and he's making the trip back for the Opening Night festivities. I wouldn't see that Gene would be any different. It's not a far travel, and the college basketball games are not at times where this would be unable to happen.

chisoxfan83
04-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I think gene will make the trip back if he can, i dont know why he wouldnt want to be here but if i remember correctly since Us cellular bought the naming rights on opening days/home openers(been to every opener since) they had some corporate guy on the PA "Ladies and gentleman boys and girls blah blah blah lets keep the fingers crossed

TheOldRoman
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I think gene will make the trip back if he can, i dont know why he wouldnt want to be here but if i remember correctly since Us cellular bought the naming rights on opening days/home openers(been to every opener since) they had some corporate guy on the PA "Ladies and gentleman boys and girls blah blah blah lets keep the fingers crossed
Yeah, last year Tom Shaer did opening day. It just wasn't the same.

chisoxfanatic
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah, last year Tom Shaer did opening day. It just wasn't the same.

Last year, we also weren't defending Champions. This is Chicago baseball history we're talking about here!!!

skobabe8
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Just got off the phone with the front office and the lady told me "it hasnt been announced yet" who will be doing the announcing.