PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...Widger....

INSox56
04-01-2006, 02:59 PM
You could hear an "AAAHHH!!!" in pain and a limp after running to first to avoid a DP. Let's hope he's alright.

BeviBall!
04-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Amazing... last AB of spring and this happens.

INSox56
04-01-2006, 03:08 PM
They took him out of the game and limping back to the dugout is never a good thing. But we'll see, might not be too bad.

RSox78
04-01-2006, 03:10 PM
That would actually be a big loss for us. If he does miss anytime hopefully its just the first series.

SOXSINCE'70
04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Let's hope a few sessions with "Dr.Herm" are all that's needed.:?:

INSox56
04-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Offensively, I think Molina would be comparable if not better. Handling of the pitching staff is what we'd really need Widger to be there for. And I don't know how Molina has been/could be in that aspect.

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2006, 03:53 PM
He just wants A.J. to pity him and not tease him when Florida beats GMU tonight.

soxfanatlanta
04-01-2006, 04:03 PM
He just wants A.J. to pity him and not tease him when Florida beats GMU tonight.

Perhaps he just wanted to leave the ballbark early to catch the game.

itsnotrequired
04-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Hawk was speculating that it is a bruised heel. Those are no fun to play with.

Hitmen77
04-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Hawk was speculating that it is a bruised heel. Those are no fun to play with.

With 3 off days in the next 10, maybe the impact will be minimal. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

itsnotrequired
04-01-2006, 04:08 PM
With 3 off days in the next 10, maybe the impact will be minimal. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Let's also keep our fingers crossed that the Sox don't play too many extra inning games to start the season. AJ would be in rough shape and need a break. Molina can certainly fill in but I would rather have Widger.

Lip Man 1
04-01-2006, 08:27 PM
You know the regular season hasn't even started yet and I'm already getting pissed off at these minor, nagging injuries.

Lip

thomas35forever
04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Offensively, I think Molina would be comparable if not better. Handling of the pitching staff is what we'd really need Widger to be there for. And I don't know how Molina has been/could be in that aspect.
I was impressed with that one hit Molina had in the eight inning. I have a feeling he'll be the first one called up if Widger or A.J. go down or he'll be on the 40-man roster, whichever occurs first.

pudge
04-01-2006, 10:54 PM
You know the regular season hasn't even started yet and I'm already getting pissed off at these minor, nagging injuries.

Lip

Classic. :gulp:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I was impressed with that one hit Molina had in the eight inning. I have a feeling he'll be the first one called up if Widger or A.J. go down or he'll be on the 40-man roster, whichever occurs first.
Did Molina's batting stance remind anyone else of Magglio Ordonez?

California Sox
04-01-2006, 11:03 PM

Molina's had a good spring with the glove. I believe that double was his forst extra base hit. Chris Stewart is on the 40 man. I bet since neither of them is going to hit much, they'd go with the guy already on the roster. But Molina was the one they took to Atlanta, so who knows?

fuzzy_patters
04-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Whatever happened to Jamie Burke? Is he playing somewhere?

oeo
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Whatever happened to Jamie Burke? Is he playing somewhere?
I believe he's within the Rangers' organization now.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-02-2006, 10:36 AM
too bad we got rid of those perrenial all stars, Big Ben and "Good job" Burke

Taliesinrk
04-02-2006, 12:23 PM
hey now.. you leave them alone.. Jaime's a gamer and should be commended for it... and furthermore: let us not forget who it was one sunny afternoon day that hit the ball in the gap and allowed us to enjoy one of Hawk's most memorable calls.. "Come On Timo"

oeo
04-02-2006, 01:09 PM
hey now.. you leave them alone.. Jaime's a gamer and should be commended for it... and furthermore: let us not forget who it was one sunny afternoon day that hit the ball in the gap and allowed us to enjoy one of Hawk's most memorable calls.. "Come On Timo"
And who can forget taking one for the team when Torii Hunter ran him over for no apparant reason. :angry:

I still can't wait for the day when he tries to pull that on AJ...judging by the two of them on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period," I don't think they like each other very much.

Lip Man 1
04-02-2006, 01:27 PM
According to a story in the Sun-Times Widger is fine and ready to go tonight if needed.

Lip

TaylorStSox
04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
If Widger was to go down, Stewart would get the call up. He's not much with the bat, but he's gifted defensively and calls a good game.

soxinem1
04-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Let's also keep our fingers crossed that the Sox don't play too many extra inning games to start the season. AJ would be in rough shape and need a break. Molina can certainly fill in but I would rather have Widger.

Einar Diaz and Ben Davis just got sent down by their respective teams. I think Diaz wold be a great fill in, if it's more than a bruise and becomes long term.

JUribe1989
04-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Did Molina's batting stance remind anyone else of Magglio Ordonez?

I was watching the games the last two nights and I thought the exact same thing. Thanks for reminding me.

A. Cavatica
04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Einar Diaz and Ben Davis just got sent down by their respective teams. I think Diaz wold be a great fill in, if it's more than a bruise and becomes long term.

Sure. We're below our ex-Cleveland quota.

StockdaleForVeep
04-02-2006, 04:27 PM
You could hear an "AAAHHH!!!" in pain and a limp after running to first to avoid a DP. Let's hope he's alright.

Maybe it was a scream cuz he realized he lost money to AJ on george mason