PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

JohnBasedowYoda
04-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Just curious as to what you think the baseball experts will think of this team 50,100 years from now. I started thinking about this while I was reading about how Ozzie wants to be remembered as a manager who was in charge of a dynasty. Do we have the makings of a dynasty? Will Ozzie be here for the longest and most productive period of his managerial career? Will this team be remembered as one of the greats?

Or will this period of baseball be remembered for the steroid scandal and other dark clouds.

oeo
04-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Just curious as to what you think the baseball experts will think of this team 50,100 years from now. I started thinking about this while I was reading about how Ozzie wants to be remembered as a manager who was in charge of a dynasty. Do we have the makings of a dynasty? Will Ozzie be here for the longest and most productive period of his managerial career? Will this team be remembered as one of the greats?

Or will this period of baseball be remembered for the steroid scandal and other dark clouds.
I don't think it will be remembered as the steroid scandal period. The actual scandal is pretty much over, it's now finding out who was involved. We won the World Series last year, when steroids took the biggest hit to baseball. A lot of the guys began disappearing (Sosa, Palmeiro was busted). If anything, I think this should be remembered as the first team to win with steroids out of the game. 10-15 years from now, they will be looked as one of the better overall teams, IMO. They still don't get the respect of what they did last year, and I think over time the respect will come.