PDA

View Full Version : I was in southern Illinois yesterday...

TornLabrum
04-01-2006, 08:00 AM
...and while driving home I caught John Rooney and Mike Shannon on 550, the Cards new station whose call letters I just forgot. Listened to them from about the fifth inning to the end of the game. Cards kicked butt, and so did Rooney. He got in a good Cliff Politte story in the process, too.

It was good to hear his voice. Unfortunately on the way down I listened to Farmer and Singleton. They pale in comparison. Which is something when you consider Shannon's abilitites.

TDog
04-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I have friends in Carbondale. They, I have heard, when the the Cards are playing the Cubs, you heard it on four radio stations, although the radio menu was short to begin with. The Cards leaving KM OX may change that, though.

Lip Man 1
04-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Meanwhile Sox fans are stuck with Dumb & Dumber.

Lip

Chisox1500
04-01-2006, 08:30 PM
It's Saturday filled with good Sox new before the home opener. So I will add a bit of optimism - at least Mike North isn't on the broadcast team.

Brian26
04-01-2006, 09:24 PM
It was good to hear his voice. Unfortunately on the way down I listened to Farmer and Singleton. They pale in comparison. Which is something when you consider Shannon's abilitites.

Shannon is terrible. I guess if there is a comparison to be made, Shannon could be considered the St. Louis version of Ron Santo. It just goes to show how good Rooney is. I'm going to miss his voice.

Erik The Red
04-02-2006, 01:53 PM
...and while driving home I caught John Rooney and Mike Shannon on 550, the Cards new station whose call letters I just forgot. Listened to them from about the fifth inning to the end of the game. Cards kicked butt, and so did Rooney. He got in a good Cliff Politte story in the process, too.

That would be KTRS.