PDA

View Full Version : Experiment over

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Iguchi officially back to hitting #2 - permanently. Inklae (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060331&content_id=1379112&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

"Iguchi is going to bat second," declared Guillen. "I'm going to leave him as the second hitter. He's swinging the bat a lot better when we put him there. It worked for us last year and it worked for us in Spring Training. Now, I've made the decision to go back to him as second hitter.

Crede moves to 7th, Uribe 8th.

JB98
03-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Iguchi officially back to hitting #2 - permanently. Inklae (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060331&content_id=1379112&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

"Iguchi is going to bat second," declared Guillen. "I'm going to leave him as the second hitter. He's swinging the bat a lot better when we put him there. It worked for us last year and it worked for us in Spring Training. Now, I've made the decision to go back to him as second hitter.

Smart move by Ozzie. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. I never understood why he wanted to move the free-swinging Uribe into the second spot anyway. We can't expect Juan to take pitches and give Pods an opportunity to steal. Patience at the plate isn't one of Uribe's strengths.

Born SoxFan 1962
03-31-2006, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=Ol' No. 2]Iguchi officially back to hitting #2 - permanently.]
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/banana.gif
:bandance:
Thank God!!

Cuck the Fubs
03-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Okay, now everything's settled in.

Let's get to work!

soxfanatlanta
03-31-2006, 11:43 PM
I was hoping it would have worked out for him; he wanted more freedom at the plate. He got his shot though, and that's that. Can't wait for tomorrow, my son (17 months) is going to get his first exposure to a baseball game against Los Bravos. No churros, but it will do.

fuzzy_patters
04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
I wonder if this was because Iguchi is better off in the second spot than further down the lineup, or if it is because they no longer think Uribe can handle batting second. Regardless, I'm happy to see Iguchi back in his old role. He was a real catalyst last year.

fusillirob1983
04-01-2006, 01:14 AM
I wonder if this was because Iguchi is better off in the second spot than further down the lineup, or if it is because they no longer think Uribe can handle batting second. Regardless, I'm happy to see Iguchi back in his old role. He was a real catalyst last year.

I don't know the numbers of the top of my head, but I know Iguchi had a pretty bad spring training in the 7th spot.

mike squires
04-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I as just thinking about this the other day. Great news. We don't need to be tinkering around and making a lot of changs. Iguchi was perfect for the #2.

tschneid83
04-01-2006, 01:34 AM

I have to ask a question.....

Wouldn't the other teams know that iguchi is looking to hit for more power and then stay away from him or at least try and not give him more pitches to hit out of the park?

Now when he is in the 2 hole he is looking more for just placed contact (moving runners over, bunting, etc) and would that not make him swing the bat better since it appears he can do that with great success.

WSox8404
04-01-2006, 04:50 AM

Good. Why mess with something that has proven results. Thome gives us enough added power.

Corlose 15
04-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Not many people at the beginning of spring training would have thought that this did't work because of Iguchi.

BTW, Uribe had 3 hits yesterday.:bandance:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Iguchi will still get his opportunities to swing for the fences. Pods could have a great season and still not get on base 60% of the time.