PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener on TV

nlentz88
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey gang,

According to the Sun Times, Sunday's season opener is being broadcast on ESPN2. If I recall correctly (and it's entirely possible I am imagining this), there were times last season when games that were broadcasted on cable were also show simultaneously on WCIU or some other non-cable station. Is there any hope that those of us without cable will be able to watch the season opener on WCIU? I've checked WCIU's website, and it looks like they have other programming scheduled during the game, so I don't have much hope.

Sigh. It looks like this lonely north-side Sox fan will be watching the game in a bar full of Cubs fans and strangers. Unless, of course, one of my fellow WSIers knows of a non-cable broadcast of the season opener.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. XRT will be broadcasting a special pre-game Sox show on Sunday from 5:00 to 6:00. It will definitely include that awesome version of the Goo Goo Dolls' "Better Days" that includes audio clips of the season and playoffs. Anyone know of other Sox-related tv and radio specials on Sunday?

Railsplitter
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Also, why is it on the Duece instead of the main ESPN?

anewman35
03-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Also, why is it on the Duece instead of the main ESPN?

No, it will not air on over-the-air tv. They only did that for playoff games. It's on the duece because the woman's basketball final 4 is on ESPN.