PDA

View Full Version : More mind-boggling kookitude from FOX analysts

Baby Fisk
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't know what to say to this one. It might just bounce off the stunned silence I feel. Most of his stuff looks good, but the Big Prediction is just... [trails off into stunned silence]

blame Canada (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5455724)

Thome's Homey
03-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't know what to say to this one. It might just bounce off the stunned silence I feel. Most of his stuff looks good, but the Big Prediction is just... [trails off into stunned silence]

blame Canada (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5455724)

Ken Rosenthal really didn't need to do that to cement his image as a village idiot. We've known that for years. Gotta love the little bugger for wanting some attention, though. :roflmao:

Corlose 15
03-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I read the article that explained his pick and he basically said since the Sox came out of nowhere last year and most picks are wrong he was just going to go out on a limb and pick the Jays.

Baby Fisk
03-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I read the article that explained his pick and he basically said since the Sox came out of nowhere last year and most picks are wrong he was just going to go out on a limb and pick the Jays.
LOL at least he's being honest.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
I read the article that explained his pick and he basically said since the Sox came out of nowhere last year and most picks are wrong he was just going to go out on a limb and pick the Jays.If he wanted one from out of nowhere, why didn't he just pick Tampa Bay? :nuts:

Steelrod
03-31-2006, 05:04 PM
I must also be an idiot. I have picked exactly what he has, except I of course have our boys beating the Bluejays!
I guess we'll all find out in 6+ months.

MarySwiss
03-31-2006, 05:09 PM
I must also be an idiot. I have picked exactly what he has, except I of course have our boys beating the Bluejays!
I guess we'll all find out in 6+ months.

Pretty close to what I picked too, only I have the Jays winning the AL East and going down to us in the ALCS. Of course, all my friends are laughing at me--just like they did when I bet on the Sox to win it all last year.

As you said, Steelrod, we'll see. But people are overlooking the Jays, who improved over the offseason. Yeah, I know Burnett's hurt, so they're done. So somebody tell me why the Cubs aren't done, with both of their "aces" down?"

Realist
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
The American League is loaded this year and anything could happen. I don't think his predictions are that out of line. Detroit kinda-sorta scrares me more than Cleveland a lil' bit.

Mohoney
03-31-2006, 08:35 PM
So somebody tell me why the Cubs aren't done, with both of their "aces" down?"

The Cubs aren't done?

Steelrod
03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Pretty close to what I picked too, only I have the Jays winning the AL East and going down to us in the ALCS. Of course, all my friends are laughing at me--just like they did when I bet on the Sox to win it all last year.

As you said, Steelrod, we'll see. But people are overlooking the Jays, who improved over the offseason. Yeah, I know Burnett's hurt, so they're done. So somebody tell me why the Cubs aren't done, with both of their "aces" down?"
This is amazing Mary. I also bet the Sox last year at 55 to 1 and have bet the Jays to win the AL East! Of course I also bet us to win the central as well as World Series. I wish you (and me) the best of luck!

Brian26
03-31-2006, 09:37 PM
This Blue Jay lovefest is not only lazy analysis, but it's absurd. Their batting order #6-9 is questionable at best. Reed Johnson, Russ Adams, and Greg Zahn? Burnett is less than .500 on his career. The Jays will finish no higher than 3rd.

Steelrod
04-01-2006, 05:13 AM
This Blue Jay lovefest is not only lazy analysis, but it's absurd. Their batting order #6-9 is questionable at best. Reed Johnson, Russ Adams, and Greg Zahn? Burnett is less than .500 on his career. The Jays will finish no higher than 3rd.
That's why they play the games. Sharp analysis would have given no chance for the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox to even make the playoffs!

MarySwiss
04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
This is amazing Mary. I also bet the Sox last year at 55 to 1 and have bet the Jays to win the AL East! Of course I also bet us to win the central as well as World Series. I wish you (and me) the best of luck!

I didn't bet the Jays when I was in Laughlin back in November to bet the Sox and Bears because the best I could get was 10-1. But I wish I had, and if I get back up there to bet the Bears again within the next month or two--which I probably will, as it's only about a 4.5 hour drive--I'll drop a few bucks on them.

I didn't bet the Sox to win the Central, but I bet the ALCS and WS.

fquaye149
04-01-2006, 10:04 AM

Um...Mary...the Cubs are done. Most here would say that. In fact, I think only Morrissey really picked them to do much of anything. Even WITH Wood and Prior "healthy"...that is, pitching five innings a start:rolleyes: the Cubs probably finish third

fquaye149
04-01-2006, 10:07 AM
That's why they play the games. Sharp analysis would have given no chance for the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox to even make the playoffs!

Um...even the White Sox haters at the beginning of last season (like Joe Sheehan) allowed that if the pitching were there we could be a threat. They didn't think it was likely, but no one gave us no chance.

OTOH, the Blue Jays have 2 aces pitchers (provided Burnett stays healthy) and a closer who had a solid year last year, but beyond that a pretty average staff.

MarySwiss
04-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Um...Mary...the Cubs are done. Most here would say that. In fact, I think only Morrissey really picked them to do much of anything. Even WITH Wood and Prior "healthy"...that is, pitching five innings a start:rolleyes: the Cubs probably finish third

I'd like to think ALL here would say that...every year. :smile:

But my point is that we still keep hearing all this optimistic crap: Baker likes the way the team is constructed, Juan Pierrre (apparently all by himself) is going to save the day, Wood and Prior are coming along nicely, yada, yada, yada. I realize that it's the same old garbage we hear every year--except this year it's Pierre instead of Garciaparra--but it still is annoying.

I just want to see them come out and lose about the first 15 or so games.

Then I'd be :D: :D: :D:

robiwho
04-01-2006, 11:34 AM
I just have to say that "kookitude" just may be my new favorite word!