PDA

View Full Version : Sox Rookie "Hazing"

Madvora
03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
This was from the Tribune today

Teammates required Jenks (Fred Flintstone), center fielder Brian Anderson (Arizona State female cheerleader), left-hander Boone Logan (gladiator) and minor-league outfielder Ryan Sweeney (Arizona State male cheerleader) to dress in costumes on the team's flight to Atlanta.

Surprised they're doing this to Sweeney now.

soxfan13
03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
This was from the Tribune today

Surprised they're doing this to Sweeney now.

Also surprised they are getting Jenks thought they would have got him last year

Madvora
03-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Also surprised they are getting Jenks thought they would have got him last year
He is a perfect Fred Flintstone though.

And who didn't think of The Greatest American Hero for Anderson? Come on!

Corlose 15
03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
He is a perfect Fred Flintstone though.

I think the one for Anderson is pretty good, considering he went to Arizona.

Also, since he cut his hair he doesn't look like the guy as much. On another note, my sig changed, I copy and pasted last years photo of him from whitesox.com and they updated the photo and my sig in the process.

MySoxAreClean
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
That's nothing, I had to do snow angels in the snow Butt naked in Jan when i was in basic training in Greatlakes ,because I was a late arrival in my unit and everyone had went thru a little Haze,:bandance: except for a few peepz like me. I would of dressed like a Hooter girl all the way to the next game anytime.

TDog
03-31-2006, 01:12 PM
The White Sox rookies used to have to carry kids' lunch boxes. You could notice it at the park if you looked closely. I haven't been to a game for awhile, but I can recall seeing Matt Ginter making his pregame walk to the bullpen carrying one.

Iwritecode
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
The White Sox rookies used to have to carry kids' lunch boxes. You could notice it at the park if you looked closely. I haven't been to a game for awhile, but I can recall seeing Matt Ginter making his pregame walk to the bullpen carrying one.

Roaming around somewhere is a picture of Kelly Wunsch and another rookie carrying them.

Daver
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM

That's a bullpen thing, the rookie in the bullpen has to carry it all season.

Randar68
03-31-2006, 01:33 PM

They did that to him last year.

I wasn't aware that they did it multiple times for guys...

4th Gen. Sox Fan
03-31-2006, 01:36 PM
That's a bullpen thing, the rookie in the bullpen has to carry it all season.

Last year one of the Twins was carrying a pink Dora the Explorer backpack before a game in April