PDA

View Full Version : Hangar Will Like This

skottyj242
03-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I was talking to my boss yesterday and he was telling me that he got a letter from the Cubs saying that they were doing their season ticket exchange on-line again much like the White Sox do but this is where it gets funny. If you sell your season tickets on the Sox website they only take 15% and I'm not sure if the buyer has to pay a convenience charge, that seems about right to me. What the Cubs do is they take 30% of the sale and they charge the buyer a $20 convenience charge per order. So say you sell two tickets for $100 bucks each LEGALLY through the website, the buyer pays $220 ($100 apiece plus the $20 charge), the season ticket holder pockets $140 (30% of $200 is $60, $200-$60 = $140), the Cubs keep the difference of $80. All for allowing their paying customers to use their website.

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I was talking to my boss yesterday and he was telling me that he got a letter from the Cubs saying that they were doing their season ticket exchange on-line again much like the White Sox do but this is where it gets funny. If you sell your season tickets on the Sox website they only take 15% and I'm not sure if the buyer has to pay a convenience charge, that seems about right to me. What the Cubs do is they take 30% of the sale and they charge the buyer a $20 convenience charge per order. So say you sell two tickets for $100 bucks each LEGALLY through the website, the buyer pays $220 ($100 apiece plus the $20 charge), the season ticket holder pockets $140 (30% of $200 is $60, $200-$60 = $140), the Cubs keep the difference of $80. All for allowing their paying customers to use their website.

hahahahahahahaah, I love it when the Cubs keep Jamming It to their "fans" and they are still clueless to it all. hahahahahaahahaha.

I also love the financial shell-game the Tribune is pulling on the Witless Bud Selig regarding their TV revenues (WGN pays UNDERMARKET rates to televise Cub games-thereby saying they dont make as much money as they really do-money leaves one pocket, goes to the other)

SouthSide_HitMen
03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
So say you sell two tickets for $100 bucks each LEGALLY through the website, the buyer pays $220 ($100 apiece plus the $20 charge), the season ticket holder pockets $140 (30% of $200 is $60, $200-$60 = $140), the Cubs keep the difference of $80. All for allowing their paying customers to use their website.

We had a name for this back in the day - The vig (though bookies only charge 5% (baseball) to 10% (other sports) to broker a wager).

Lip Man 1
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Hangar:

That's old news. The 'Lords Of The Realm' pointed out the Braves manipulations from a TV standpoint back in the 80's and 90's.

Lip