PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jenks signing appearance?

BainesHOF
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Anyone know the details about a Bobby Jenks signing appearance on 4/20?

Chicken Dinner
03-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Jenks needs to worry about pitch location and velocity, not signing appearances.

oeo
03-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Jenks needs to worry about pitch location and velocity, not signing appearances.
And you know where Jenks is going to be at three weeks from now, how? Give me a break, he can't sign autographs because he needs to "worry about pitch location and velocity?"

salty99
03-31-2006, 11:58 AM
i think it has to do with something at a carson's at Yorktown mall.

Chicken Dinner
03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
And you know where Jenks is going to be at three weeks from now, how? Give me a break, he can't sign autographs because he needs to "worry about pitch location and velocity?"

Huh???? Jenks needs to focus on holding his roster spot.

oeo
03-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Huh???? Jenks needs to focus on holding his roster spot.
Understood, but there's only so much you can take at a time. He can't constantly be throwing the ball, and he's not going to be constantly throwing the ball. Hawk already stated in one of the games that Jenks was around this point last year in Spring Training, throwing only about 93mph and was surprised to hear he could top 100. Sure enough, when he got called up he was throwing his heater. I don't know how long it's going to take, hopefully there are huge improvements soon, but the guy is not going to be constantly pitching so why can't he sign autographs? He'll be fine, mark my words. And like I said before, this is three weeks from now, you do not know where his control and velocity will be at. He may be (better be) back by then.

Whatever
04-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Here's a link. Looks like it's a national promo. Not sure if they'll sign other stuff. C-Lee is signing too. Another question...on this page of the link, it says Carsons for Jenks, but as you dig into the page more, it says Marshall Fields. Probably worth a phone call.

http://www.perryellis.com/events.asp