PDA

View Full Version : Central Illinois Radio Takes Shot At Sox

infohawk
03-31-2006, 09:23 AM
So, I wake up this morning just as the sports report is beginning. I hear the familiar chorus of "nah, nah, nah, nah. Heh, heh heh, good-bye" and wonder, gee, are they going to talk about my beloved Sox? Sure enough, one radio host starts talking about how the Sox will open the major league season on Sunday night. The other chimes in about how the Sox are expecting 5,000 fans to show up. He then says that 10,000 will show. The other guy said that the game was sold out and that they will be raising the World Series Championship banner. Then somebody says, I hope they don't shoot at it. At that point one of the hosts said that they had better move on to another subject so they don't further torment Cub fans.

sox84
03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
What station were these idiots on??:angry:

Tekijawa
03-31-2006, 10:04 AM
I didn't know there was a central Illinois? I thought it was just Chicago and anything else north and east of the 815 area code?

Hitmen77
03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
So, I wake up this morning just as the sports report is beginning. I hear the familiar chorus of "nah, nah, nah, nah. Heh, heh heh, good-bye" and wonder, gee, are they going to talk about my beloved Sox? Sure enough, one radio host starts talking about how the Sox will open the major league season on Sunday night. The other chimes in about how the Sox are expecting 5,000 fans to show up. He then says that 10,000 will show. The other guy said that the game was sold out and that they will be raising the World Series Championship banner. Then somebody says, I hope they don't shoot at it. At that point one of the hosts said that they had better move on to another subject so they don't further torment Cub fans.

Sad, pathetic, tired-old rantings from jealous fans of a team whose claim to fame is losing.

batmanZoSo
03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Yawn.

I do not argue cubs/Sox anymore. We are the champions; they are the losers. Until they have a banner, they got nothing to say.

jdm2662
03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Yawn.

I do not argue cubs/Sox anymore. We are the champions; they are the losers. Until they have a banner, they got nothing to say.

Ditto. It bores the hell out of me, to be honost. It's also quite pointless. Jealous Cub fans are so pathetic, they aren't even worth my time.

Railsplitter
03-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Since Chatham is just south of Springfield, I'm guessing it's a Springfield station.

infohawk
03-31-2006, 10:28 AM
What station were these idiots on??:angry:
I can't remember what the dial was set on, but I'll check and report back in this thread.

Uncle_Patrick
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
OK, those jokes are about 10 years old, anyway. So these guys are unoriginal, unfunny, and way behind the times. This is why they broadcast in a small market.

sox84
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
I didn't know there was a central Illinois? I thought it was just Chicago and anything else north and east of the 815 area code?

Har har.. Rob Gallas, is that you? Our old marketing guy thought the same way.:mad:

samram
03-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Har har.. Rob Gallas, is that you? Our old marketing guy thought the same way.:mad:

Teal=sarcasm.:cool:

soxfan13
03-31-2006, 11:24 AM

What do you expect from the Springfield area LOL most of the fans are either Cubs or Cardinals fans and they are both still bitter over the Sox World Series :D: except the brave individuals like infohawk and select others

sox84
03-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Teal=sarcasm.:cool:
My bad, I was being sarcastic also..

sox84
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
What do you expect from the Springfield area LOL most of the fans are either Cubs or Cardinals fans and they are both still bitter over the Sox World Series :D: except the brave individuals like infohawk and select others

You're right about being VASTLY outnumbered by Cardinals/Cubs fans in this area, but I dont think Cardinal fans are bitter over the Sox World Series, but they will run the 'best baseball town there is' commentary till 'the cows come home, go back, and come home again'.