PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Prospectus Staff Picks: 1.73rd place!

Mr. White Sox
03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
found here (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=4921).

Well, quite a few staffers predict Brian Anderson to fall somewhere in the top 3 in AL ROY voting. The hilarious predictions are:
0 White Sox in the top 20 in MVP voting (4 Indians, 3 Twins, 3 A's)
0 White Sox pitchers in the top 11 in AL CY Young voting (2 A's, 1 Tiger, and Jeremy Bonderman and Cliff Lee > The White Sox pitching staff. Yep.)

Our friend Dayn Perry predicts us to win the division, and our good friend Joe Sheehan has us in 2nd place but winning the Wild Card.
Jonah Keri (who?) has us finishing 3rd, behind the Indians and Tigers (?)

At least they're not completely stupid and are willing to forsake their PECRAPPA model, which has us finishing 4th.

palehozenychicty
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Yawn.

Lip Man 1
03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Double yawn....who cares in the slightest what they say or don't say.

Lip

DSpivack
03-31-2006, 01:57 PM
He might be an arrogant *******, but Kanye does have some things to say.

"Throw your hands up in the sky and yell/ We don't care what people say."
"two words, Chi town, South side, world wide/ Cuz I, rep that, till I, ****in die"

SouthSide_HitMen
03-31-2006, 06:15 PM
BP's World Series Predictions. :rolleyes:

Author Winner Loser
----------------------------------------
Will Carroll Indians Cardinals
Dan Fox Mets Red Sox
Steven Goldman As Braves
Kevin Goldstein White Sox Mets
Thomas Gorman As Mets
Jay Jaffe As Cardinals
Chris Kahrl Red Sox Mets
Jonah Keri As Phillies
Dayn Perry Red Sox Braves
Joe Sheehan As Mets
Nate Silver As Mets
Keith Woolner Red Sox Brewers

Kevin Goldstein left Baseball America last month (big mistake) to write for BP. The rest are the usual suspects.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2006, 09:16 PM
BP's World Series Predictions. :rolleyes:

Author Winner Loser
----------------------------------------
Will Carroll Indians Cardinals
Dan Fox Mets Red Sox
Steven Goldman As Braves
Kevin Goldstein White Sox Mets
Thomas Gorman As Mets
Jay Jaffe As Cardinals
Chris Kahrl Red Sox Mets
Jonah Keri As Phillies
Dayn Perry Red Sox Braves
Joe Sheehan As Mets
Nate Silver As Mets
Keith Woolner Red Sox Brewers

Kevin Goldstein left Baseball America last month (big mistake) to write for BP. The rest are the usual suspects.

You can see why they love those A's so much. They improved their team so much over last year. They added Esteban Loaiza and Milton Bradley. Add in Nick Swisher (.236 last year) and another career year from Jason (I can barely get the ball back to the pitcher, let alone throw out runners) Kendall and you can see why they'd be everyone's favorite.:rolleyes:

SouthSide_HitMen
03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
You can see why they love those A's so much. They improved their team so much over last year. They added Esteban Loaiza and Milton Bradley. Add in Nick Swisher (.236 last year) and another career year from Jason (I can barely get the ball back to the pitcher, let alone throw out runners) Kendall and you can see why they'd be everyone's favorite.:rolleyes:

They may win that division which is by far the weakest in the AL. I don't trust the Angels bats, Texas has no pitching and Seattle is at least 10 professional ballplayers short. If Oakland does make the playoffs, I expect them to perform as they always do under Billy Beane which we must blame on luck as this is what BP and Billy Beane say the playoffs are really about.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2006, 09:54 PM
They may win that division which is by far the weakest in the AL. I don't trust the Angels bats, Texas has no pitching and Seattle is at least 10 professional ballplayers short. If Oakland does make the playoffs, I expect them to perform as they always do under Billy Beane which we must blame on luck as this is what BP and Billy Beane say the playoffs are really about.I guess I agree that they may back into that division only because the Angels got worse over the off-season, too. The winner will be the team going slowest in reverse. But for them to have a snowball's chance in hell of winning a post-season series, much less making it to the Big One...:rolleyes: