PDA

View Full Version : Parking at IIT?

Hinrich
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I am considering parking at IIT for Sox games and then walking over to the park. Have you guys ever heard of other people doing this? Is it a good idea? I just figured it could save me some money and maybe be easier b/c I won't have to sit in parking lot traffic.

Falstaff
03-31-2006, 12:31 AM
yes , parked there all the time back in 1972, 75 or so. Try by the el tracks, by the student union. Walk in a pack.

Iwritecode
03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
I am considering parking at IIT for Sox games and then walking over to the park. Have you guys ever heard of other people doing this? Is it a good idea? I just figured it could save me some money and maybe be easier b/c I won't have to sit in parking lot traffic.

You'll have plenty of company. They Sox staff will start directing people over there after the lots fill up.

BRDSR
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
You'll have plenty of company. They Sox staff will start directing people over there after the lots fill up.

Partially correct. The IIT lots close to 35th st. are often used as Official White Sox parking, the full $17 and the whole shebang. However, if you get off at 31st and take a right on State, then take your first left, you'll find yourself in an IIT visitors lot that costs $1/hour Mon-Sat. It's about 5 blocks from the stadium and has easy access to the Dan Ryan(which of course is not so great anymore). I parked there all last season save a couple times when they had IIT Security posted asking if I was a student.

soxfan13
03-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Have a question about parking in the Sox lots that open at 6 am on the morning of the game and taking the L to work. Does the lot fill up fast or can I get there at around 7 am and be ok? Just wondering cuz never tried this and would be a helluva lot easier for me.

roylestillman
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Have a question about parking in the Sox lots that open at 6 am on the morning of the game and taking the L to work. Does the lot fill up fast or can I get there at around 7 am and be ok? Just wondering cuz never tried this and would be a helluva lot easier for me.

Best kept secret UNTIL NOW. Last year, even for the most crowded games, it never had more than a few dozen takers. Its only for weekday night games, although a recent e-mail told me they were going to open it for Tuesday and Wednesday game next week. You enter from southbound Wentworth at the entrance just before 35th.

salty99
03-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Best kept secret UNTIL NOW. Last year, even for the most crowded games, it never had more than a few dozen takers. Its only for weekday night games, although a recent e-mail told me they were going to open it for Tuesday and Wednesday game next week. You enter from southbound Wentworth at the entrance just before 35th.

Maybe I can just sit in my car all day Tues!!

soxfan13
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM

They are opening it at 6am so u think I should get there at 6?

roylestillman
03-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I usually got there around 7:30 - never a problem. A cooler properly iced is fine until game time.