PDA

View Full Version : Rain Out Sunday?

MySoxAreClean
03-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Do you guys think Sox's will play Sunday? What will be the scenario in the event of a home opener cancelled due to rain. I hope not:o:

jamokes
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Skilling just said there's a strong chance of storms coming in Sunday afternoon and evening.:(:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Do you guys think Sox's will play Sunday? What will be the scenario in the event of a home opener cancelled due to rain. I hope not:o:

Man be optimistic! Tom skilling and his cronies will be wrong!

DeadMoney
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM

I like the way you think.

Scottiehaswheels
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Probably play it Monday night then I'd suspect... Although that would wreek havoc on poor ESPN's programming schedule....

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 09:46 PM
So, is the game going to get replayed Monday afternoon or Monday night then? From what I've been hearing rain is a definite...:whiner:

TheKittle
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
So, is the game going to get replayed Monday afternoon or Monday night then? From what I've been hearing rain is a definate...:whiner:

Not to mention having to maybe go up against a certain basketball game on Monday.

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM

It's not just Skilling, its everyone. If they are still saying rain Friday night, it seems like it will be a wash out.

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Not to mention having to maybe go up against a certain basketball game on Monday.

I know I'm probably 1% of the population, but I could care less about the NCAA game.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I know I'm probably 1% of the population, but I could care less about the NCAA game.

Count me in that 1%.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I like the way you think.

I like the way you agree!:gulp:

MySoxAreClean

Well now that my bracket busted i do not care about basketball, let there be a monday game Night I have to deliver the mail....

koch44
Kick ass! There are going to be two ceremonies when I'm in attendance on Tuesday.

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Kick ass! There are going to be two ceremonies when I'm in attendance on Tuesday.

The game would probably be played Monday.

Chisox003
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
If Sunday gets rained out I'm going to be beyond :angry:

I'm leaving school tomorrow just so I can work Sunday night, the ****ing weather better not ruin something we've been waiting for since October 27th

Cold -Fine

Rain - Not fine

Cold and Drizzle - Beggers can't be choosy...Fine

:(:

IlliniSox4Life
03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Listen all you doubters: between Kenny Williams and Roger Bossard, that storm will be so ****in scared it's gonna turn around, head back to where it came from, and thank God that they allowed it to live.

Brian26
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM

Even if the game gets rained out Sunday and Monday, there's no way people with Tuesday tickets will get to see both games of a doubleheader. Opening Day tickets will be honored first, they will clear the park out, and then the regular Tuesday tickets will be let in.

jortafan
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't rule out the possibility that they play the game regardless of how much it rains.

I still remember Opening Day 2003 because of how heavy it rained. The game was a couple of hours late in starting time, but it was played. And by the time I left the stadium, I was soaking wet.

For anybody who plans to be at the stadium on Sunday, dress warm.

chisoxmike
Listen all you doubters: between Kenny Williams and Roger Bossard, that storm will be so ****in scared it's gonna turn around, head back to where it came from, and thank God that they allowed it to live.

Kenny could just stare at the clouds with fury Sunday night and say "No."

Brian26
Cold -Fine

Rain - Not fine

Cold and Drizzle - Beggers can't be choosy...Fine

:(:

The last time we had weather like that, Konerko hit a grandslam and Pods hit a walkoff. Sounds fine to me.

Brian26
03-30-2006, 10:06 PM
I still remember Opening Day 2003 because of how heavy it rained. The game was a couple of hours late in starting time, but it was played. And by the time I left the stadium, I was soaking wet.

Difference is, however, that was a 1:05 scheduled start that ended up finishing around 7pm due to the delays. A 7:05 start doesn't allow as much luxury timewise.

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't rule out the possibility that they play the game regardless of how much it rains.

I remember that one. It didn't just rain, monsooned for an hour! I think they did the lineups and then it started raining again.

anewman35
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Even if the game gets rained out Sunday and Monday, there's no way people with Tuesday tickets will get to see both games of a doubleheader. Opening Day tickets will be honored first, they will clear the park out, and then the regular Tuesday tickets will be let in.

I highly doubt there's any chance they'd do a double header Tuesday. I don't know what they'd do about the ceremonies, but the game would probably be scheduled for later in the season.

Chisox003
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
The last time we had weather like that, Konerko hit a grandslam and Pods hit a walkoff. Sounds fine to me.
Ya no kiddin.

I was there for that too :cool:

I remember I had short sleeves and just a regular baseball hat on and absolutely froze my ass off those 2 nights, especially game 2.

It was well worth it :gulp:

NoNeckEra
03-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Probably play it Monday night then I'd suspect... Although that would wreek havoc on poor ESPN's programming schedule....
Absolutely the game would revert to its originally scheduled time of Monday afternoon if rained out. But that's unlikely, with no back up game for TV to go to Sunday nite, they'll wait hours to start it if they have to.

As for two days of rain, originally the 3rd game of the series was to be on Thursday anyway, so both teams are available.

thomas35forever
03-30-2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/mlb/gameforecast/60616?eventid=168693

It only calls for a 10% chance of precipitation at gametime.:D:

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM

I think this was the site that, earlier today, had a 60% chance of rain for Sunday! :rolleyes:

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM

:bandance: I'll hold them to that...:D:

mike squires
03-30-2006, 10:59 PM
I remember one day in 91, it POURED all day. I was at work and kept looking out the window. I was so depressed. Come game time however the field was ready to go and they got the game in. That was old Comiskey. Maybe they shouldn't have played it. The BlueJays absolutely thumped Jack McDowell 12 to 1 or something like that.

IlliniSox4Life
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
I think this was the site that, earlier today, had a 60% chance of rain for Sunday! :rolleyes:

It still says 60% on Sunday. However, Sunday is all day. Sunday at 7:05 they say a 10% chance of rain. We'll just have to wait and see.

HotelWhiteSox
03-30-2006, 11:42 PM
This reminds me of game 1 of the ALCS

comiskey2000
03-31-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm sure it will be nice and sunny for those weekday 1:05 games against Kansas City.

CaptainBallz
03-31-2006, 12:35 AM

That was back in June or something, right?

I've got a strong feeling it'll take severe conditions for the game to be canceled. Plus, who needs dark clouds to ruin a perfectly good opener.....?

Foulke You
03-31-2006, 12:53 AM
You guys can't hold any credence to the Thurs/Friday weather reports for Sunday's forecast. I'll start listening to what the weathermen have to say on the 10PM news on Saturday night and not a minute sooner.

Foulke You
03-31-2006, 12:55 AM

I was at that one too. It was pretty a miserable day at the park. Rain for 2 hrs and then freezing by the time they started the game at 5:15. At least it was a White Sox winnner.

Parrothead
03-31-2006, 06:38 AM
The Sox should have put a retractable dome on the place during the renovations, along with a grand entrance and home run porch.:cool: Then we would not have to worry about rain, ever !

SOXSINCE'70
03-31-2006, 07:44 AM

Anyone who works for the sCrUB-Une can't be right.Ever. :D:

VenturaFan23
03-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Isn't the reason most teams that play outside on opening day have the next day off due to rain outs? I thought that was the general rule, I could be wrong though. I took the day off Monday in advance anyway :cool:

itsnotrequired
03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
If the game rains out, will Josh Kelley still be available the next day?

dickallen15
03-31-2006, 08:07 AM
I'll wait until Sunday afternoon before I start considering a rainout. Weren't we supposed to get something like 8" of snow a couple of weeks ago, something that every weatherman said would happen the night before? We didn't even get a dusting downtown. It may rain, but they will do everything in their power to get the game in. If for some reason it is not played, it will be played on Monday, that is what the off day is for.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Do you guys think Sox's will play Sunday? What will be the scenario in the event of a home opener cancelled due to rain. I hope not:o: Sox's????:?::?::?::?:

MySoxAreClean
03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Sox's????:?::?::?::?: Sorry.....i mean't WHITE SOX, But if it drizzles on sunday, I have upper tank seats that night. I'll be watching TELEMUNDO, You guys and I know my hommies never lie.:bandance:

soxfan13
03-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Isn't the reason most teams that play outside on opening day have the next day off due to rain outs? I thought that was the general rule, I could be wrong though. I took the day off Monday in advance anyway :cool:

Thats exactly why the first week or so there are more off days because they are planning on inclimate weather if it is rained out they would play the game on Monday most likely during the day

Dadawg_77
03-31-2006, 10:44 AM
You guys can't hold any credence to the Thurs/Friday weather reports for Sunday's forecast. I'll start listening to what the weathermen have to say on the 10PM news on Saturday night and not a minute sooner.

48 Hours before a day is the first time you can forecast the weather with a decent degree of confidence. To predict what happens at an exact hour, is still more art then science because of all the variables Mother Nature has.

Dadawg_77
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Thats exactly why the first week or so there are more off days because they are planning on inclimate weather if it is rained out they would play the game on Monday most likely during the day

Yes, there is almost always day between opening day and second game of the year. Since Opening Day is one of the highest attended games of the year, and game two usually has one of the smaller crowds of the year, owners don't want to give up the revenue from opening day. Thus MLB built in fail safe of an extra day.

chisoxmike
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
update...

(White Sox Opener): Increasing cloudiness, SE winds. Clusters of afternoon showers/t-storms—some strong. North/south temp spread: 56° Waukegan; 70° south suburbs.

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 11:17 AM
yup its not looking good at all, im looking at a weather report that shows heavy rains all day and into the evening. The good news is it will be warmer than what was originally called for. Thats ok, if we get rained out, we can all get an xtra day of tailgating in :D: and an extra day of rest for Pods

Minnie Me
03-31-2006, 11:24 AM
48 Hours before a day is the first time you can forecast the weather with a decent degree of confidence. To predict what happens at an exact hour, is still more art then science because of all the variables Mother Nature has.
The Old Man Said:
They are all farmers. Farmers talk of nothing but weather and women. I've never shared their enthusiasm for talking about the weather. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-three.

MySoxAreClean
03-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Are parking passes for Sunday valid if the game has been called once you have parked in the lot the first time? and pushed to monday. I hope its a night game otherwise I will have to sell my tix and parking pass

SoxEd
03-31-2006, 11:43 AM
A rain-out on Sunday would cause me much annoyance - as it's the Season Opener, we get it Live (i.e. from about 1am Monday 3rd).

I have even taken Monday off in order to watch the game.

Of course, I stupidly pointed out on a UK board that it'd probably be rained off (just to ruin my day).

The stupid part was that I didn't then put a bet on this happening.
D'Oh!

Jurr
03-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah..this sucks. I'm about to drive to Chicago in about thirty minutes. From Memphis. With no way of making a make up game. I would be very pissed.

Iwritecode
03-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Check out the picture. (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USIL0225?dayNum=2&from=weekend)

The entire state of Illinois and Iowa are green. Doesn't seem to be a question of IF it will rain. Just how much...

itsnotrequired
03-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Check out the picture. (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USIL0225?dayNum=2&from=weekend)

The entire state of Illinois and Iowa are green. Doesn't seem to be a question of IF it will rain. Just how much...

That picture doesn't mean too much. Lake Michigan has such a dramatic effect on the weather that little dinky storms are often stopped dead in their tracks.

roylestillman
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM

At least its light green blotches, as opposed to dark green. After 2003 we aint goin anywhere until the AL curfew kicks in.

palehozenychicty
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM
http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=60601&hourly=1&yday=91&weekday=Sunday

For weather, I prefer this site:

weatherunderground.com

It does not look good for sunday at all, according to this comprehensive chart.

Cat Thief
03-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Weird.

WSI.com is some kind of weather related site.

jenn2080
03-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Here is how I look at. The weather men here are about the most inaccurate people. I wouldnt believe the weather unless it was about an hour before I was walking out the door. Tom Skilling and his Doplar radar are a crock. It is 2 days away and this rain could move in different directions by then. Stay away from Tom and for that fact Jerry Taft to. ....he is scandalist. If does actually rain though someone needs to give a big high five to these guys for actually getting the weather right for once in their lives.

Lets Roll strong..rain or shine

03-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Well they said rain for the WS opener too, if held up....All I want to know is when they will make it up, if need be, it better be Monday, I paid good money for this on Stub Hub, I don't want to trade it in for a game in june

McCuddy
03-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Here is how I look at. The weather men here are about the most inaccurate people. I wouldnt believe the weather unless it was about an hour before I was walking out the door. Tom Skilling and his Doplar radar are a crock. It is 2 days away and this rain could move in different directions by then. Stay away from Tom and for that fact Jerry Taft to. ....he is scandalist. If does actually rain though someone needs to give a big high five to these guys for actually getting the weather right for once in their lives.

Lets Roll strong..rain or shine

I have no idea what this means. "Scandalist?"

And, actually - we're right more often than we're not. Thing is, you have to forecast for an "area," not "your house." I love getting the calls that say "It's not raining at MY house."

Roughly put - a 60% chance of rain for a forecast area means that, when similar conditions exist, it's rained 60% of the time.

Also - anything you see on an extended forecast is as good as flipping a coin. The BEST computer models are only any good 72 hours out, and they're not overwhelmingly reliable at that. A lot of the "weatherman is wrong" perception is holding Sunday night's results to Friday's forecast for Sunday night.

BeviBall!
03-31-2006, 02:18 PM
WS Game 2 weather!

jenn2080
03-31-2006, 02:48 PM
I have no idea what this means. "Scandalist?"

And, actually - we're right more often than we're not. Thing is, you have to forecast for an "area," not "your house." I love getting the calls that say "It's not raining at MY house."

Roughly put - a 60% chance of rain for a forecast area means that, when similar conditions exist, it's rained 60% of the time.

Also - anything you see on an extended forecast is as good as flipping a coin. The BEST computer models are only any good 72 hours out, and they're not overwhelmingly reliable at that. A lot of the "weatherman is wrong" perception is holding Sunday night's results to Friday's forecast for Sunday night.

Easier there cowboy the scandalist comment was a joke!

pdimas
03-31-2006, 04:27 PM

The game was almost 3 hours late. I was not only soaking wet but freezing as well. We had tickets in the UD for that game. Sox VS. Detroit. It looked like it would never clear up. I was ready to leave a few times but my father being the trooper that he is refused to leave. :smile:

chisoxmike
03-31-2006, 04:33 PM
The game was almost 3 hours late. I was not only soaking wet but freezing as well. We had tickets in the UD for that game. Sox VS. Detroit. It looked like it would never clear up. I was ready to leave a few times but my father being the trooper that he is refused to leave. :smile:

After 2 1/2 hours I did leave, when i got to my car, the tarp was coming off the field. Since then I've never left a game until they offically called it. I thought there was no way they were going to play that home opener in 03.

spiffie
03-31-2006, 04:35 PM

That is the only time I have ever left a Sox game before the end. It was so miserable that day, and we had tickets for a concert up at Loyola that evening, so around the 6th inning we just finally said enough was enough.

Though that was the first time we saw Esteban Loaiza in what would be his shining moment year.

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
........................ Since then I've never left a game until they offically called it.

I said the same thing back in June of 1999, during that final lengthy delay at The Urinal. Man was I ever rewarded ............. we swept them :smile:

steff
03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Was 2003 the rain/hail/snow while the sun was shining opener..?

chisoxmike
03-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Was 2003 the rain/hail/snow while the sun was shining opener..?

2003 was the monsoon, rain blowing into the concourse opener. nI dont remember snow, ... Regardless it was horrible.

salty99
03-31-2006, 04:53 PM
anyone remember that 7 hour rain delay back in 1990

steff
03-31-2006, 04:58 PM
anyone remember that 7 hour rain delay back in 1990

Yep. Folks were sleeping/passed out on the concourse. Beer sales broke many records that day. :gulp: :gulp:

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 05:00 PM
A rain-out on Sunday would cause me much annoyance - as it's the Season Opener, we get it Live (i.e. from about 1am Monday 3rd).

I have even taken Monday off in order to watch the game.

Of course, I stupidly pointed out on a UK board that it'd probably be rained off (just to ruin my day).

The stupid part was that I didn't then put a bet on this happening.
D'Oh!

Well, for your sake, I hope it isnt rained out!

steff
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
2003 was the monsoon, rain blowing into the concourse opener. nI dont remember snow, ... Regardless it was horrible.

I thought it snowed prior to the game during the tailgate...

All I remember for sure is Henry's flag getting shut in the jeep hatch.. :whistle:

MERPER
03-31-2006, 05:05 PM
I purchased my tickets for an expensive price on ebay... if it gets rained out, do I get tickets in the same seats for a future game? If so, I'd be extremely pissed as the game wouldn't be as meaningful and it would be wasted money...

dickallen15
03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I purchased my tickets for an expensive price on ebay... if it gets rained out, do I get tickets in the same seats for a future game? If so, I'd be extremely pissed as the game wouldn't be as meaningful and it would be wasted money...

If for some reason the game isn't played Sunday night, and I think it probably would have to be a torrential downpour from game time to midnight, it will be rescheduled for Monday. That is the reason for the off day.

Dadawg_77
03-31-2006, 05:38 PM

Man, I had the perfect seats for the game, along the first base line,last row. The club seat over hang protect those seats from getting wet and the wind was blowing in from right field so the rain was hitting the third base side concourse. So while cold, I was dry which made that game a lot better to watch.

Dadawg_77
03-31-2006, 05:42 PM

The game will be played on Monday. The reason they didn't call the 2003 game was the next day wasn't an off day. Thus if they called the game, tickets purchaased as Home Opener tickets, wouldn't be Home Opener tickets. MLB bends over backards to prevent that from happening. Also with the off day on Monday, they could be quicker to call the game then 2003.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=2003&t=CHA

hellenicsoxfan
03-31-2006, 08:01 PM
I will be at the game Sunday night and I am staying confident it will be played. I've heard them say clusters of storms and scattered storms. So I am going to keep believing that if it rains, it won't be an all night thing, and while there may be a delay, the game will be played. Besides Roger "the Sodfather" Bossard has that field in such great shape that it will drain quickly. It will take a huge storm to postpone this game. My prediction - game gets played, Sox win 5-2.

Gosox1917
03-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Okay, I'm no meteorologist, but I was a met. major at Valpo for three semester before changing to sports broadcasting. Looking at the two long range models, it looks like we will see scattered storms for much of the day but it will be mild. Right around game time the cold front will push through bringing a squall line of strong to severe storms. God willing there wont be much lingering rain behind the squall line and the delay won't be much more than an hour or hour and a half. Don't hold me to it but that is my prediction as of right now and it is still three days away so it'll probably change from now til then.

SOXSINCE'70
03-31-2006, 10:07 PM
This game will get played.As a Sox fan who sat through a torrential downpour
to watch Bartolo Colon get blanked by Gil Meche 6-0 in a 2003 rain shortened
6 inning game,I will be there rain or no rain.

PS-8 Innings by Buehrle,Thome homers once,Sox win,4-2.:cool:

thomas35forever
03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
This game will be played. Who said Game 2 of last year's World Series wouldn't get played?

MrRoboto83
03-31-2006, 11:31 PM
"Get Your White Sox Souvenir Rain Poncho here"

TDog
04-01-2006, 05:41 AM

I was at that game. Quite the unfulfilling Sunday night, and I think that was in May. I also was at the home opener that year when the start was delayed more than three hours because of rain. Billy Koch struck out all three Tigers he faced in the ninth to get the save so I went home happy. Although cold and wet, I was confident that the Sox had a closer again. I also attended a Sunday afternoon game in 1973 that had to be called because of snow with the game tied in the 11th inning. I get cold and wet just thinking about April baseball.

I hope it doesn't rain, but with the game scheduled to be played at night in early April, you can't expect fan-friendly weather.

esbrechtel
04-01-2006, 09:37 AM

Thats what my playstation 2 game said....

Gosox1917
04-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Alrighty, I said it would probably change and it has...looks like the front wont push through til between 9 and 11pm. That means the squall line of storms won't push through til that time, as well. Hopefully it waits til 11 when the game is over. However, if that is the case, be careful going home cuz these storms will be some big dudes. There will be a few storms scattered about ahead of the front, and it's just a matter of luck as to whether one of those wanders over Comiskey. We've had pretty good luck for the past year as Sox fans so hopefully everything will work out for us once again.

TaquitoElGoocho
04-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Now they're predicting embedded tornadoes: http://www.weather.com/weather/local/60616?lswe=60616&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

Guess we'll all have to gather in the southwest corner of the basement at USCF...

Hitmen77
04-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey, aren't we being dark clouds about a few dark clouds?

I know, not funny....:duck:

chisoxfanatic
04-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Alrighty, I said it would probably change and it has...looks like the front wont push through til between 9 and 11pm.

Good! We'll get the game in--Buehrle's pitching!

StockdaleForVeep
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Move it inside and play it at the UC, who cares about wrestlemania

StockdaleForVeep
04-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Now they're predicting embedded tornadoes: http://www.weather.com/weather/local/60616?lswe=60616&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

Guess we'll all have to gather in the southwest corner of the basement at USCF...

:hawk
"Hey Deej? This weather reminds me, i ever tell u the story of in the minors when i hit 4 homeruns during a tornado warning?

:DJ
"Sigh"

StockdaleForVeep
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM

I was also at the garcia debut game when Jeff "Im barry bonds but white" DaVanon hit a hr off garcia to end up bein the decidin factor. Sat thru a 2 1\2 hour rain postponement before the game started, and we were forced out of UD cuz of lightning

Gosox1917
04-01-2006, 08:30 PM
So as the low pressure takes a track a little further south, we have to worry about the warm front creating storms around Comiskey. Best case scenario: Warm front moves through Chicago during Midday bringing showers and storms and the Cold front moves through after the game. However, if that warm front stalls out over Chicago, it will be a wet and stormy day and night. This is what the National Weather Service is saying. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/productviewnation.php?pil=LOTAFDLOT&version=0

WHITE SOX FANS WONT NEED THE THUNDER STICKS FOR OPENING
NIGHT. MOTHER NATURE SHOULD PROVIDE PLENTY OF FIREWORKS.

So, IMO, it's gonna storm, it's just a matter of when.

thomas35forever
04-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Move it inside and play it at the UC, who cares about wrestlemania
Actually, they can play it at the UC. Wrestlemania's at the Allstate Arena.

soxstarter
04-01-2006, 08:34 PM
C'mon guys...I have not lived here a year yet, and even I know......weather in Chicago....is a minute to minute thing, no matter what the weather forcasts.:kukoo:

StockdaleForVeep
04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Actually, they can play it at the UC. Wrestlemania's at the Allstate Arena.

Touche, i have been vanquished

MySoxAreClean
04-02-2006, 11:28 AM
http://wmaq.nbcweatherplus.com/wxpdetails/wxp003/detail.html?qs=;tab=hourly;token=undefined :?:

looks like will be passing thru, But Buehrle pictching we will be out in 90 mintutes with a a Victory

jenn2080
04-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Stopped raining on the northside. Lets keep our fingers crossed

Steelrod
04-02-2006, 11:43 AM
The sun will be shining tonight at US Cellular.(although we may get wet)

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 11:47 AM
The sun will be shining tonight at US Cellular.(although we may get wet)

I didn't realize the sun wasn't setting this evening.

:wink:

soxwon
04-02-2006, 11:47 AM
C'mon guys...I have not lived here a year yet, and even I know......weather in Chicago....is a minute to minute thing, no matter what the weather forcasts.:kukoo:

hey if we played in that downpour vs the angels in the playoffs
we will play in this DRIZZLE.

whitesoxwilkes
04-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Stopped raining on the northside. Lets keep our fingers crossed

Still raining in the West Loop, but the clouds have a lot of breaks in 'em. We'll see!

What's interesting is that the radar looks like there's nothing behind this initial line. I'm no Tom Skilling, but my guess is that with the cooler temps you're not going to get the "popup" type storms that you see when it's warmer...so who knows...this could be the worst of it.

NoNeckEra
04-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Still raining in the West Loop, but the clouds have a lot of breaks in 'em. We'll see!

What's interesting is that the radar looks like there's nothing behind this initial line. I'm no Tom Skilling, but my guess is that with the cooler temps you're not going to get the "popup" type storms that you see when it's warmer...so who knows...this could be the worst of it.
I'm no Tom Skilling either(nor Jeffrey Skilling), but from what I understand, these new storms WILL be popping up later when the temps rise.
Let's hope Buehrle is quick as usual.

TornLabrum
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm at the NOAA web sit right now looking at the regional radar for the upper Mississippi valley. Currently there is nothing between this morning's storms and about Omaha.

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm at the NOAA web sit right now looking at the regional radar for the upper Mississippi valley. Currently there is nothing between this morning's storms and about Omaha.All that stuff to the north of us could come around the back side of the low and whack us from the NW. It depends on how hard the warm front pushes up from the south.

I know someone who will gladly take tickets from anyone who is afraid to get wet.

TornLabrum
04-02-2006, 01:32 PM
All that stuff to the north of us could come around the back side of the low and whack us from the NW. It depends on how hard the warm front pushes up from the south.

I know someone who will gladly take tickets from anyone who is afraid to get wet.

That apparently isn't happening yet, at least I'm not seeing that kind of rotation at the moment, so we'll have to wait a few more hours. I'm keeping my ticket.

Daver
04-02-2006, 01:42 PM
The sun is starting to pop out of the clouds in the southwest suburbs.

:supernana:

CLR01
04-02-2006, 01:49 PM
The sun is starting to pop out of the clouds in the southwest suburbs.

:supernana:

I'll probably be under a Tornado watch within the next hour or so. If my dish goes out during the game someone is going to get hurt. :angry:

Realist
04-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Don't look too bad right now.

Regional Radar (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4)

TornLabrum
04-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Looks like some isolated cells are popping up now in the northern part of Illinois. Right now that's all they are, though is isolated, nothing really organized.

StockdaleForVeep
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Heh, now we find out what professional weathermen may be closet sox fans and visit the forums

TornLabrum
04-02-2006, 03:02 PM
As I'm about to head out, I'll note a line of STRONG thunderstorms in Iowa and MO. That could be what hits us during the game.

Gosox1917
04-02-2006, 03:14 PM
As I'm about to head out, I'll note a line of STRONG thunderstorms in Iowa and MO. That could be what hits us during the game.

Warm front has moved through and the sun is gonna warm things up. Now we just have to dodge a few scattered storms and get this thing in before the cold front gets here. C'mon Buehrle, work your magic tonight.

Brian26
04-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Warm front has moved through and the sun is gonna warm things up. Now we just have to dodge a few scattered storms and get this thing in before the cold front gets here. C'mon Buehrle, work your magic tonight.

Its actually quite pleasant downtown right now. It's warm, and the sun is trying to peak out.

lumpyspun
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Does anybody know of a good webcam that shows the weather in Chicago? Like on at one of the airports, or a local high school or something? As an out of towner, I would love to be able to monitor the weather situation in "real time"!

Thanks...

StockdaleForVeep
04-02-2006, 03:47 PM
dekalb just got nicked by the end of a cell, dumped some hard marble size hail, calmed down now though

Gosox1917
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Looking at the radar the line of storms should push through the Chicago land area around 10pm. If a small storm hits before then, though, don't be surprised as the atmosphere is very volatile. Hopefully the game will be over by then, however, there are numerous Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warnings in Iowa and Missouri. If you leave before the storms hit, be very careful going home. At that point it will be a matter of safety over anything else.

StockdaleForVeep
04-02-2006, 04:59 PM
At that point it will be a matter of safety over anything else.

and dealin with ******* cleveland fans

richb2
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I live in san jose , ca and was wondering how is the weather holding up?

Thome's Homey
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Fine so far.

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2006, 06:31 PM
From the pregame show, it looks like it's not raining. Not raining in the suburbs either. I haven't seen the radar or anything, but I think some just might pass through. If you go by weather.com, it was supposed to start at 2 and not stop through the night, so we'll see

Thome's Homey
04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
7:13 central. Rain here in the south burbs. :(:

Shakey Bonez
04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
7:21 no rain here in Lakeview area.

Tom~Attitude
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Just had a nasty t-storm with hail and plenty of lightning...20 mile sw of The Cell!

LongLiveFisk
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
The rain is still going strong...not looking good for this one! :angry:

chisox
04-02-2006, 09:25 PM
any word? how's it looking?

i'm out here in ny, i'm not hearing anything about the weather.

chisox
04-02-2006, 09:29 PM
just checked weather.com, it looks like the rain will keep falling for a while...damn.

MUsoxfan
04-02-2006, 09:33 PM
just checked weather.com, it looks like the rain will keep falling for a while...damn.

I looked too. If you look at the timestamp on that radar it shows it was 30 minutes old

chisox
04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
here's hoping...

bigfoot
04-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Looks like some isolated cells are popping up now in the northern part of Illinois. Right now that's all they are, though is isolated, nothing really organized.

Don't worry TL~It's just the Cubs flying to Cincy!

DaBears
04-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Our groundscrew is phenomenal. Watching Roger and his guys work is like watching the all star game...I knew they'd get this game in. :smile: