PDA

View Full Version : Hangar I Don't Think You'll Want To Read This!

Lip Man 1
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060330teddy,1,1320112.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Lip

NonetheLoaiza
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh brother... :shudder

cheeses_h_rice
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
When Rosen moved host Mike Murphy into a coveted afternoon spot, some wondered if it was to give the station balance. All you have to know about Murphy's fan affiliation is that his e-mail address has "Cubbie" in it.

But Murphy says he will play it straight: "I relate what I do to old Top 40 radio. They played the hits. They'd play the No. 1 song every hour and the 40th song once a day. When I walk in, my job is not to say I'm a Cubs fan or a Sox fan. I want to play the hits, talk about the hot topics."

...which is why, during the Sox's torrid run in October, Mike kept bringing the subject of conversation around to the Cubs, "because everyone else on the station has already talked about the Sox a lot today."

Mike Murphy, Who You Crappin'?

:rolleyes:

Scottiehaswheels
03-30-2006, 10:22 PM
"WGN-Ch. 9 will televise 125 games, using innovations such as a "pitch zone" to analyze pitch locations and a spray chart to track where balls are hit."

Good lord... next thing they're gonna have is a baseball that talks to kids and tells them what every single pitch is too...

DrCrawdad
03-30-2006, 10:22 PM
...which is why, during the Sox's torrid run in October, Mike kept bringing the subject of conversation around to the Cubs, "because everyone else on the station has already talked about the Sox a lot today."

I don't remember if Boers and Bernstein's, "Who You Crappin'" is on Fridays. If so, send in this crap. Murphy certainly deserves it.

Bobbo35
03-31-2006, 01:03 AM

Mike Murphy is a blowhole, plain and simple. I gave him a piece of my mind last year at a bar he was broadcasting at. One of the reasons why I hate the Score.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Something else for Hanger to avoid - An article about the Ivy at Wrigley Field in the Wall Street Journal (subscription required).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114377022717013105.html?mod=hps_us_editors_picks

Apparently the Cubune is planting Ivy outside of the stadium to cover the new bleacher bricks. It will go up over the next 6 weeks. (though the article was able to sneak in a Rob Mackowiak picture - kudos to the person responsible).

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/images/MK-AG041A_IVY_20060330212705.jpg

thepaulbowski
03-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I don't listen to the Score. So they can talk about the Cubs all they want, **** em'. I will listen to the Sox game and then turn it off. The last decent talent they had was T-Dub.

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Something else for Hanger to avoid -

Apparently the Cubune is planting Ivy outside of the stadium to cover the new bleacher bricks. It will go up over the next 6 weeks.

Got to hide the evidence ........... dont you think? im not surprised
those are all NEW bleacher bricks, by the way. Cant have people walking up to the bricks
and seeing that theyre brand new, and not the original bricks

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 08:48 AM
This easily, has to be the QUOTE OF THE DECADE.

"If your segmenting yourself to one side of town, your dead"

I dont think the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Media got this memo.

SOXPHILE
03-31-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't remember if Boers and Bernstein's, "Who You Crappin'" is on Fridays. If so, send in this crap. Murphy certainly deserves it.

I have faxed them a few times about that idiot for the "Who You Crappin'" segment. They read the one where I crapped him for continuously saying that "Jimmy Buffet is a Cubs fan" (After the WS, he was constantly saying, in a joking, pie in the sky way, that he should get together a group to buy the Cubs from TribCo. He had himself, Bill Petersen, Joe Mantagna (sp ?)...and Jimmy Buffet, because he heard he was a Cub fan too.) I also faxed one in a little later, which they also read, about his comment that most of the talk this offseason would/should revolve around the Cubs, since the Sox "probably won't be making any moves during the winter", and that "sorry, but Chicago is 70% Cub fans, that's just the way it is, Sox fans".

Hangar18
03-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Mike Murphy also has indicts himself with this quote .........
"I relate what I do to old Top40 Radio .........they play the No.1 song every hour and the No.40 song once a day......I want to play the hits, talk about the hot topics" This loathesome guy has been one of the biggest TalkCub every day Offenders for quite some time.

Anyone remember me keeping track of his morning show one day .......the SOX got 25 minutes of talk, the other 4 1/2 hours was all cub talk.

Anyone else notice how his "caller of the day" ALWAYS goes to a cub caller? who is he kidding?

Iwritecode
03-31-2006, 09:56 AM
The network's pregame special begins at 6 p.m. and will feature interviews with Reinsdorf and Mark Buehrle, a retrospective on the 2005 season and a live feed of all the stadium JumboTron montages.

I wonder if this will include the opening montage everyone is always asking for...

Sargeant79
03-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Mike Murphy also has indicts himself with this quote .........
"I relate what I do to old Top40 Radio .........they play the No.1 song every hour and the No.40 song once a day......I want to play the hits, talk about the hot topics" This loathesome guy has been one of the biggest TalkCub every day Offenders for quite some time.

Anyone remember me keeping track of his morning show one day .......the SOX got 25 minutes of talk, the other 4 1/2 hours was all cub talk.

Anyone else notice how his "caller of the day" ALWAYS goes to a cub caller? who is he kidding?

Words that can adequately describe my feelings for Mike Murphy would not be appropriate on a family site such as this. I can say that there aren't too many people that are infuriating enough to actually get me to start yelling at my radio while I'm in the car...he's one of them.

skottyj242
03-31-2006, 10:56 AM
"
Good lord... next thing they're gonna have is a baseball that talks to kids and tells them what every single pitch is too...

Why do you have to make fun of Scooter?

Gammons Peter
03-31-2006, 11:46 AM
The last decent talent they had was T-Dub.

Old Mush Mouth?? Nobody could understand him, maybe thats why he was fired. If you work on
radio, It helps to speak english

bigfoot
04-01-2006, 09:04 AM
[quote=Scottiehaswheels]"WGN-Ch. 9 will televise 125 games, using innovations such as a "pitch zone" to analyze pitch locations and a spray chart to track where balls are hit."

The "Spray Chart" is to track where the exiting Cub fans should "water" the Wrigleyville flowers!

SOXSINCE'70
04-01-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't listen to the Score.

Neither do I.Satellite Radio in cars is a mandatory must
to avoid all the bull**** the sports blabsters will spew this year.:cool: