PDA

View Full Version : Was Fabio traded?

DrCrawdad
03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
The club is still considering Fabio Castro (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/033006dnsporangbriefs.103c5de.html), acquired via a trade following the Rule 5 draft...If the Rangers go with 12 position players, it would allow them to carry Castro and Ramirez in an eight-man bullpen to start the year. It may be easier to pass Castro or Ramirez through waivers once the season has started.

So, was Fabio traded? I thought it was simply a Rule 5 pick by the Rangers. In the end, is Fabio a Ranger for good?

Randar68
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
So, was Fabio traded? I thought it was simply a Rule 5 pick by the Rangers. In the end, is Fabio a Ranger for good?

The Royals drafted him in the Rule 5 draft and Texas got him via trade.

The Rangers would still have to offer him back to the Sox should he be removed from their 25-man roster at any point this year (unless it's DL-related)

cws05champ
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Looks as though Fabio Castro made the active rangers roster. I'm hoping that he tanks a bit and gets sent back to the Sox minor league system.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I believe that as long as he remains on the Ranger's 25-Man Roster he is theirs. If he gets sent down I think they can either trade for him or send him back here.

Tragg
04-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I saw him pitch an inning last night. Looked okay...better than most of our LH looked in the spring (judging by their stats); got a couple of dink hits (including a soft double) against him, but the game was out of reach so the Angels may have been going through the motions. Hit the outside corner real well; didn't look like he threw overly hard.