PDA

View Full Version : phase 5 renovations

Bobby Pigpen
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I assume when we raise the flag and salute da champs, all seats will be green? the restuarant under home plate will be done? and are their any other changes to the park?

Look forward to defending the crown and reprensenting the world champs!

Hangar18
03-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I assume when we raise the flag and salute da champs, all seats will be green? the restuarant under home plate will be done? and are their any other changes to the park?

Phase5 renovations will be the continueing of installing Green Seats

JohnBasedowYoda
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Phase5 renovations will be the continueing of installing Green Seats

Deja Vu is a good song by Crosby Stills Nash and Young. Don't you agree?

IlliniSox4Life
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM

*sigh*

Green seats will only extend as far as the dugouts in the park. Bleacher seats were already green, and the upper deck will be green.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1055&cat=3
That pretty much shows what the park will look like.

Also, in the future, for questions like this that you feel might have been discussed before, do a quick search of the forums with the search tool and you will most likely find a thread with your answers. This is a pretty extensive website, and a lot of stuff that isn't breaking news has already been talked about. The green seats issue is an example of this, and is one of those things that people have asked over and over and people get tired of seeing. Just a helpful hint.

IlliniSox
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Also, in the future, for questions like this that you feel might have been discussed before, do a quick search of the forums with the search tool and you will most likely find a thread with your answers. This is a pretty extensive website, and a lot of stuff that isn't breaking news has already been talked about. The green seats issue is an example of this, and is one of those things that people have asked over and over and people get tired of seeing. Just a helpful hint.

Yeah, you don't want to take a screename from anyone either...:wink:

SoLongFrank
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
That slideshow is great! Gives me goosebumps! Can't wait for Sunday night!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=75&cat=3&size=medium
My favorite!

I think the White Sox should thumb their noses to MLB & erect a Shoeless Joe Jackson statue in CF near the fan deck.

NoNeckEra
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
*sigh* Also, in the future, for questions like this that you feel might have been discussed before, do a quick search of the forums with the search tool and you will most likely find a thread with your answers. This is a pretty extensive website, and a lot of stuff that isn't breaking news has already been talked about. The green seats issue is an example of this, and is one of those things that people have asked over and over and people get tired of seeing. Just a helpful hint.
This response is symptomatic of why we have more guests than members visit this site, and why more of our members don't participate in forums, and why there are plenty of seats remaining for the Core of the Core nite 5/22 at the Cell.

Newer posters are made to feel like they don't belong and guests and other members read this and are either intimidated or turned off.:(:

skobabe8
03-30-2006, 08:16 PM
*sigh*

Green seats will only extend as far as the dugouts in the park. Bleacher seats were already green, and the upper deck will be green.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1055&cat=3
That pretty much shows what the park will look like.

Picture courtesy of skobabe8 :cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-30-2006, 08:48 PM
This response is symptomatic of why we have more guests than members visit this site, and why more of our members don't participate in forums, and why there are plenty of seats remaining for the Core of the Core nite 5/22 at the Cell.

Newer posters are made to feel like they don't belong and guests and other members read this and are either intimidated or turned off.:(::?::?::?:

He was WAY more polite than people usually are to newbies that do dumb stuff.

IlliniSox4Life
03-30-2006, 11:29 PM

Newer posters are made to feel like they don't belong and guests and other members read this and are either intimidated or turned off.:(:

Honestly, I was trying to be nice, but informative. If you feel I wasn't, I'm sorry about that. If you don't tell people though, they'll never know. Any message board that I've ever been on gets tired of people posting the same old questions, and a lot of people are much less cordial than I was.

Most message boards have more lurkers than posters. I read several message boards that I never post on (more than I do post on), and it has nothing to do with the attitude of people there towards new members. Most people don't take the time to register if they don't feel like posting, but they will stay around as guests if they like the content. I think a large number of guests is good for a message board. It shows people who aren't as deeply invested as the core community are still interested enough by what they are talking about to read it.

As far as people attending CotC: a lot of people have reservations about meeting people off the internet, even at something like CotC. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the way posters communicate here. Remember, there are other boards in on CotC, not just WSI. Also, I'm sure numbers will spike once the date gets closer.

Yeah, you don't want to take a screename from anyone either...:wink:
Haha, sorry. However, I think you should resign the name. I obviously show more dedication, as I will like both "4Life". That is much more "X-treme" :D:

NoNeckEra
03-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Honestly, I was trying to be nice, but informative. If you feel I wasn't, I'm sorry about that. If you don't tell people though, they'll never know. Any message board that I've ever been on gets tired of people posting the same old questions, and a lot of people are much less cordial than I was.
You ARE right about other's being less cordial, and I wasn't necessarily trying to pick on you. But I was just thinking recently about how most "newbies" get the "treatment" and it just comes across like an exclusive club more than a forum for Sox fans. If that's what this is, then so be it.

I've been a "guest" since the site's inception, but just recently became a poster. I'm sure there are a lot of "guests" that have a lot of valuable input we all would benefit from hearing, and we should encourage more participation. I think the "attitude" of the site is great, as it reflects the Sox mentality, but let's face it, it IS sort of an exclusive club.

IlliniSox4Life
03-31-2006, 01:08 AM
You ARE right about other's being less cordial, and I wasn't necessarily trying to pick on you. But I was just thinking recently about how most "newbies" get the "treatment" and it just comes across like an exclusive club more than a forum for Sox fans. If that's what this is, then so be it.

I've been a "guest" since the site's inception, but just recently became a poster. I'm sure there are a lot of "guests" that have a lot of valuable input we all would benefit from hearing, and we should encourage more participation. I think the "attitude" of the site is great, as it reflects the Sox mentality, but let's face it, it IS sort of an exclusive club.

I understand your point, I just don't necesarily agree with it. The newbies you speak of that get the treatment are usually those who aren't here to contribute. It's spammers, jerks, and generally people who don't think before they speak. If you don't have at least some sort of control on the new people to guide them, the forum gets out of control, and THAT is when you lose the real members who want to contribute and discuss. The reason we have so many good members here already is because of the control and sense that WSI has. Good members leave because a real discussion can't happen when people are starting new threads and posting before they think. When it takes a half your time on the board to sort through a threads on the same subject repeatedly posted, that's when people leave.

Scotty_T
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
That slideshow is great! Gives me goosebumps! Can't wait for Sunday night!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=75&cat=3&size=medium
My favorite!

I think the White Sox should thumb their noses to MLB & erect a Shoeless Joe Jackson statue in CF near the fan deck.

The remaining blue seats look like ass.

SoLongFrank
03-31-2006, 01:48 PM
The remaining blue seats look like ass.

True, but those seats should be mostly filled with butts when the season starts. ;)

Bobby Pigpen
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
i can't believe how much time,effort, and energy you wasted to not answer my question! what about restuarant and other changes!
good work i appreciate the effort brother!

season ticket holder section 124 22 years!

thechico
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM

I (kinda) second the motion. Rather than a statue, he should have his recognition on the wall just like the others. He was acquitted for chrissakes!

TheOldRoman
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I (kinda) second the motion. Rather than a statue, he should have his recognition on the wall just like the others. He was acquitted for chrissakes!
The wall has retired numbers on it. Jackson didn't have a number, so his number isn't retired. I would like to see the Sox do something for Shoeless Joe (other than the lame "team of the century" thing on the ramp, but he shouldn't be on the wall.