PDA

View Full Version : Boston's thoughts on Sox starting 5

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Q: What do you think of the starting rotation for the Chicago White Sox? Mark Buehrle, Todd Ritchie and Jim Parque seem set, and Jon Garland looked real promising in the second half of last season. I guess the fifth starter could be either Dan Wright, Rocky Biddle or even Jon Rauch. Is this a playoff-caliber rotation? -- Brian Steele, Chicago

PWG -- Certainly, when one considers the bullpen depth and how good the offense can be. Buehrle is a No. 1 or 2 starter, and don't count out a kid named Corwin Malone coming along in the second half. These guys can sure find and develop pitchers.

duke of dorwood
01-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Kinda looks like last year with Mark replacing the Whale, Ritchie replacing JB, Butter where he was, and questions after that. Yep, White Sox progress.

:hitless

Dont forget, I am familiar with the offensive system now

:fireshoop

The sultan of system

Spiff
01-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Q: What do you think of the starting rotation for the Chicago White Sox? Mark Buehrle, Todd Ritchie and Jim Parque seem set, and Jon Garland looked real promising in the second half of last season. I guess the fifth starter could be either Dan Wright, Rocky Biddle or even Jon Rauch. Is this a playoff-caliber rotation? -- Brian Steele, Chicago

PWG -- Certainly, when one considers the bullpen depth and how good the offense can be. Buehrle is a No. 1 or 2 starter, and don't count out a kid named Corwin Malone coming along in the second half. These guys can sure find and develop pitchers.

No.2 starter????

Maybe in Arizona or New York.

RichH55
01-17-2002, 07:41 PM
I like the rotation as well, but I think next year will more be a year for Garland than Parque....Parque as a lefty in the pen sounds pretty nice, especially considered how well things need to be going for that to happen

nut_stock
01-17-2002, 07:47 PM
Since Boston mentioned it, I'll beg the question:

Who thinks C Malone will be in the Sox rotation in the 2nd half?

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Since Boston mentioned it, I'll beg the question:

Who thinks C Malone will be in the Sox rotation in the 2nd half?

I think he meant Malone will be on the team at some point in 2002.

RichH55
01-17-2002, 07:53 PM
can i suggest the tag :mayday for when malone finally arrives?