PDA

View Full Version : MLB Extra Innings

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Just signed up for another year of Extra Innings under the early bird special. 159 bucks billed in 4 installments. Well worth it for those of us that live outside the Chi-town area plus it's nice keeping tabs on the other teams. Looks like it's free for anyone that has digital cable or satelite from April 3-9.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Looks like it's free for anyone that has digital cable or satelite from April 3-9.

I noticed that a couple days ago. Looks like I'm not getting any studying done next week.:cool:

EastCoastSoxFan
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
If there are any night games during that time, I will definitely be on the lookout...

Law11
03-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Just signed up for another year of Extra Innings under the early bird special. 159 bucks billed in 4 installments. Well worth it for those of us that live outside the Chi-town area plus it's nice keeping tabs on the other teams. Looks like it's free for anyone that has digital cable or satelite from April 3-9.

this is my 4th year with it. Comcast just adds it to my bill now without me even calling them.

Its great in the evening's since theres nothing but garbage reality shows on anyway.

SaltyPretzel
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Are there games broadcast in HD?

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2006, 02:51 PM

I saw some, but not many.

Chisox_cali
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
My cable company doesn't even offer it :whiner:

Law11
03-30-2006, 03:04 PM

The actual IN-HD channels broadcast a few games a week.

EastCoastSoxFan
03-30-2006, 03:04 PM
My cable company doesn't even offer it :whiner:
Maybe Comcast will try to muscle its way into California before too long...

MarySwiss
03-30-2006, 04:01 PM

This is good to know! I have Cox digital, and I'm on the fence about whether I want to spring for the TV package or just stick with MLB.tv on the ol' computer like last year. A free trial might help me make up my mind.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
A free trial might help me make up my mind.

It would be real easy to get sucked in. Hell, I almost got it last year after the free trial and I get all the Sox games anyway! I found myself jumping from game to game on commercials. It was like I lived at a sports bar!:D:

MarySwiss
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
It would be real easy to get sucked in. Hell, I almost got it last year after the free trial and I get all the Sox games anyway! I found myself jumping from game to game on commercials. It was like I lived at a sports bar!:D:

Well, I pretty much already DO live at a sports bar--pool table and dart board in the family room, the walls covered in Sox, Bulls, and Bears memorabilia, and TVs all over the place. :gulp:

But my big fear is that since I work at home, my income will plummet! It's bad enough I get the games on the computer, so I'm constantly checking the action. Still, it's really tempting, especially if I can just have Cox throw it on my bill for four months, which is how it sounds. :smile:

Baby Fisk
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone who is wavering, I'd recommend it. As an out-of-towner, this is not only my lifeline to most Sox games, but also lets me check up on other teams/scores/key games. I would die without this. No, not really. Well...

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Well, I pretty much already DO live at a sports bar--pool table and dart board in the family room, the walls covered in Sox, Bulls, and Bears memorabilia, and TVs all over the place. :gulp:

But my big fear is that since I work at home, my income will plummet! It's bad enough I get the games on the computer, so I'm constantly checking the action. Still, it's really tempting, especially if I can just have Cox throw it on my bill for four months, which is how it sounds. :smile:

I've also got 2 TV's set up on the patio so I can sit in the pool and have a :gulp: while watching the games. It's quite nice. You should be done with work by game time anyway (except for maybe get-away days). :smile:

MarySwiss
03-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I've also got 2 TV's set up on the patio so I can sit in the pool and have a :gulp: while watching the games. It's quite nice. You should be done with work by game time anyway (except for maybe get-away days). :smile:

You DO realize we're being pretty mean here, don't you? :D:

I have a TV on the patio as well, for the same reason. Of course, during the World Series, the water in the pool is a little bit chilly (unless yours is heated; mine isn't). But all that means is that I turn the TV around a bit and watch from the Jacuzzi! The way playoffs baseball is meant to be watched! :rolleyes:

seventyseven
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
I finally got MLB extra innings this year, but my wife is fanatical cardinals fan. looks like we'll be watching games in different rooms for most of the summer...:D:

Lip Man 1
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
And to those who can't afford that price (it is pretty steep) remember if you have a satellite it's FREE the first week of the season and the first week right after the All Star Farce Break.

Lip

KRS1
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
This will be my third year having XI(left Chicago fror AZ in late 03' for college) and its great. There are some draw backs, as it wont pick up the FOX saturday games(AZ never carries the Sox) or games televised on UPN/WCIU or their counterparts in different cities. Otherwise, Ive had a great time being able to see other teams and their young players. I particularly enjoyed watching Ryan Zimmerman last season(now in my top 5 favs), and the guys who have moved on from the Sox via trade or FA. Seeing other teams young guys(usually the terrible teams) is the second best part of having XI(right behind seeing my White Sox).

DieTrying79
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyone who is wavering, I'd recommend it. As an out-of-towner, this is not only my lifeline to most Sox games, but also lets me check up on other teams/scores/key games. I would die without this. No, not really. Well...

Exactly, a "lifeline" is the perfect way to describe Extra Innings. My first year here in 2004 without it was brutal, and not being to see them with consistent regularity sucked. Last year when I got it, changed my whole existence. Like BF said, you are able to check out and scout other teams, goings on, etc. Well worth the investment. Plus, I just got a letter in the mail giving me a 10% off discount code at MLB.com on purchases for subscribers. Nice little perk there...

Sad
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
yep- signed up last week...

seems like last year the "Early Bird" rate was $129... quite a jump this season...

oh well, it's must have TV in my house...

SOX ADDICT '73
03-31-2006, 11:39 AM
The actual IN-HD channels broadcast a few games a week.
Is that without needing the Extra Innings package?

I just got Comcast HD in January, and have noticed the occasional NBA game (whoopee) on the IN-HD channels. I have neither the time nor the money for MLB XI (and even if I did, my wife's tolerance of my baseball obsession has its limits), but I'd love to be able to catch a few games on IN-HD.