PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

doublem23
03-30-2006, 12:15 PM
... or has ESPN not broadcast one Spring Training game this year that didn't involve the Red Sox? I haven't tuned into as many games as I'd like to, mostly because they're always in the middle of the day, but I don't think I've caught one game that didn't involve the Sawx.

:?: :angry:

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't say that I can agree with you on that, but...

The other morning I was channle surfing as I was getting ready for work. SC did a 5 minute piece on some pinhead who made huge inflatable hats of....the Mets and Yankees. The talking mouthpiece narrating at the SC desk said, and I quote, "We get a Red Sox hat, and we're complete". HUH?????

LuvSox
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I stumbled across a couple of Yanks games. Go figure.

PKalltheway
04-01-2006, 01:50 PM
It's just you. They have shown the Braves v.s. Dodgers and a Braves/Phillies game IIRC. I seem to recall them showing Cleveland once as well. Most of the spring training coverage ESPN usually has has been curtailed by the World Baseball Classic this year.

santo=dorf
04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
There was a schedule around here somewhere, and almost all the games involved the Cardinals, Yanks, Red Sox, and/or Mets.

I want Mags back
04-01-2006, 03:09 PM
theres no doubt in my mind that all there games were in the Grapefruit league. They couldnt send anyone to AZ. lazy asses

bigfoot
04-01-2006, 04:08 PM
You have heard of the Eastern Sea Port Network?

TDog
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I didn't know ESPN televised any spring training games. Like, the games don't even count, you know?

chisoxfanatic
04-01-2006, 04:57 PM
theres no doubt in my mind that all there games were in the Grapefruit league. They couldnt send anyone to AZ. lazy asses

ESPN's been too busy pumping up the NCAA Women's Basketball tournament...

munchman33
04-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm just glad that we've had nearly all our spring training games this year televised in Chicago.

Banix12
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM

Yeah, i noticed the same thing. And I wouldn't be shocked if at least half the games were red sox games.

At least in the last week or so most of the games seem to have been red sox games. Though I have seen a couple of Yankees and Braves games mixed in.

Lip Man 1
04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
There were no Cactus League games televised by ESPN this season. The farce known as the WBC curtailed the dates they were able to televise in the first place and they had crews and cameras tied up particularly on the West Coast for those games in Anaheim and San Diego.

Lip