PDA

View Full Version : Puffers Saturday

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Some of you may know about this, some may not. Just wanted to let everyone know who is interested...

A few of the WSI family will be at Puffers Saturday night. The gathering will start around 7:30. Be there for a toast to 2006 and past the time until Sunday night with your fellow Sox freaks! Hangar18 is going to being "the trophy" too...:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Some of you may know about this, some may not. Just wanted to let everyone know who is interested...

A few of the WSI family will be at Puffers Saturday night. The gathering will start around 7:30. Be there for a toast to 2006 and past the time until Sunday night with your fellow Sox freaks! Hangar18 is going to being "the trophy" too...:gulp:

I wouldn't miss this for anything! See you guys Saturday! :gulp:

chisoxmike
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't miss this for anything! See you guys Saturday! :gulp:

Thats a lot to live up to... anything??????:o:

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Thats a lot to live up to... anything??????:o:

Like it's not always worth it each time the WSI family gets together...! Everytime we get together, GREAT times are had!

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Like it's not always worth it each time the WSI family gets together...! Everytime we get together, GREAT times are had!

Who should we assign phone duty in case Hangar18 doesn't show up? :cool:

Hell yea, I'll be there! We'll have fun all night long like we always do!!!

DumpJerry
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm in.

kevin57
03-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I'll be there.

WikdChiSoxFan
03-30-2006, 02:12 PM
I'll stop by for a brew...

...and to see this trophy I've heard so much about.

And I may have to bring some phil's!

IronFisk
03-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Who should we assign phone duty in case Hangar18 doesn't show up? :cool:
:kneeslap:

minutia
03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I am new here but I will be there. I cannot wait for Sunday night, when the Sox come out swinging and never stop. Go White Sox!

:supernana:

DumpJerry
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
I am new here but I will be there. I cannot wait for Sunday night, when the Sox come out swinging and never stop. Go White Sox!

:supernana:
:welcome: to the family. Looking forward to meeting you!

Jurr
03-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Man oh man...can't wait.

chisoxmike
03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Giving the last shout out for the party before tomorrow night...

chisoxfanatic
03-31-2006, 08:24 PM
There are just two missing pieces to last year's Puffers Playoff group.

Paging Joe and Bob...

itsnotrequired
03-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Giving the last shout out for the party before tomorrow night...

I anxiously await your "keynote address". Its been pretty hyped up by others.:cool:

chisoxmike
03-31-2006, 09:58 PM
I anxiously await your "keynote address". Its been pretty hyped up by others.:cool:

Wow, this is a lot to live up to. I told Heather the other day that it will be short and sweet. An Ozzie sort of speech...

IronFisk
03-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow, this is a lot to live up to. I told Heather the other day that it will be short and sweet. An Ozzie sort of speech...

Oh goodie! Littered with profanities!!!

ChiSoxGirl
03-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

There are just two missing pieces to last year's Puffers Playoff group.

Paging Joe and Bob...

I PMd Joe on Monday night about his and Bob's appearance at this gathering, but haven't heard back from him yet....

IronFisk
04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Bump!

DumpJerry
04-01-2006, 12:24 PM
This is gonna be one helluva pep rally!

robiwho
04-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Iron Fisk and I will keep track of the F-bombs.

voodoochile
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
What's the address of Puffers?

itsnotrequired
04-01-2006, 06:28 PM
What's the address of Puffers?

3356 S. Halsted

voodoochile
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
3356 S. Halsted

Thanks. I might make it tonight. In fact I think I will, but not until about 10:00 or so.

itsnotrequired
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks. I might make it tonight. In fact I think I will, but not until about 10:00 or so.

Awesome!

I'll be a little late as well. Both the baby and wife are sick (throwing up sick). She said as soon as he goes to sleep, I can head out. I probably won't be there until 8:00 at the earliest.

I hope I don't miss chisoxmike's speech.:whiner:

chisoxmike
04-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Iron Fisk and I will keep track of the F-bombs.

HA!

The address is more about/to us as fans I'm thinking, not of the team. Kind of keeping us in check...

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Yet another successful WSI gathering! It was great meeting chisoxmike, chisoxfinatic, IronFisk, kevin57 and of course, voodoochile. Hangar18 insisted we order 78 pizzas for the 10 or so WSI members present and then proceeded to order his own pizza with another guy at the bar (who may or may not have been a Cub fan!) Good times!

Highlight of the evening was chisoxmike's "keynote address". Photos alone could not capture its full glory. Only a video would do it justice. Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY

DISCLAIMER: Video has a couple swears in it. Consider it PG-13. It is also a big file and sideways (what do you want for free?:cool:)

DumpJerry
04-02-2006, 12:44 AM
It was great tune up for Sunday's game. It was great when Cotts and Anderson strolled in and bought a round of Fat Tire for everyone!

chisoxmike
04-02-2006, 01:01 AM
[/quote] (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY)http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY

DISCLAIMER: Video has a couple swears in it. Consider it PG-13. It is also a big file and sideways (what do you want for free?:cool:) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY)
[/quote] (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY)
Who invited that guy?:D:

IronFisk
04-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Hangar18 insisted we order 78 pizzas for the 10 or so WSI members present and then proceeded to order his own pizza with another guy at the bar (who may or may not have been a Cub fan!) Good times!

Highlight of the evening was chisoxmike's "keynote address". Photos alone could not capture its full glory. Only a video would do it justice. Enjoy.
Great stuff - even if I had to turn my monitor on the side to see most of it :redneck! Good times tonight to be sure - save for eating my body weight in PIZZA! That may take serious therapy to recover from - about as much for those who heard me sing.

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Great stuff - even if I had to turn my monitor on the side to see most of it :redneck! Good times tonight to be sure - save for eating my body weight in PIZZA! That may take serious therapy to recover from - about as much for those who heard me sing.

I didn't realize that when you shoot a video in portrait that it turns itself sideways. Doh! At least the audio turned out halfway decent...

bayzbol44
04-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks for sharing the video! Did Cotts and Anderson really stop in?

DumpJerry
04-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks for sharing the video! Did Cotts and Anderson really stop in?
It was April 1st...............:wink:

robiwho
04-02-2006, 10:02 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY

That is awesome! Thanks for posting it -- now we can re-live chisoxmike's brilliant oratory over and over.

robiwho
04-02-2006, 10:03 AM
It was April 1st...............:wink:

You gave it up way too soon, DumpJerry!

robiwho
04-02-2006, 10:06 AM

We're forming a new support group to help us recover from the singing -- ChiSoxGirl, chisoxfanatic and I are charter members. :wink:

Actually, I know I can't complain, considering I was right there with you most of the night...

voodoochile
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
We're forming a new support group to help us recover from the singing -- ChiSoxGirl, chisoxfanatic and I are charter members. :wink:

Actually, I know I can't complain, considering I was right there with you most of the night...

I am guessing you are the one person who's name I did not get.

Still a great time for one and all. I guess I am glad I missed the singing, but am frustrated to learn about missing the Fat Tire. I had tried to order one when I got there and they were sold out. I guess it must have been the group round that bankrupted the supply. Too bad Jenks didn't show up, there wouldn't have been a problem with the leftover pizza...:bandance:

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 10:51 AM

Still a great time for one and all. I guess I am glad I missed the singing, but am frustrated to learn about missing the Fat Tire. I had tried to order one when I got there and they were sold out. I guess it must have been the group round that bankrupted the supply. Too bad Jenks didn't show up, there wouldn't have been a problem with the leftover pizza...:bandance:

Bars "selling out" of Fat Tire seems to be the norm here in Chicago. Last night was the third time it happened to me.

robiwho
04-02-2006, 10:59 AM

I think that must have been me. It was good seeing you, in any case! :wink:

DumpJerry
04-02-2006, 11:23 AM
You gave it up way too soon, DumpJerry!
Sorry. At least I did not mention that it was Rob Mack and Thome who delivered the pizzas! Wanted to hold out on that little tidbit for a little longer.......

chisoxfanatic
04-02-2006, 02:06 PM

Actually, his rendition of "All you need is Sox" was relatively decent considering! :wink:

And, it was great hearing the cowbell for the first time since 10/26/05.