PDA

View Full Version : The experts @ TSN

Daver
01-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Offer up their opinion on the 2002 season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/poll/

Spiff
01-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Me likes what me sees.

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Me likes what me sees.

5th best team in the AL sounds right to me.

cheeses_h_rice
01-17-2002, 04:40 PM
:moron :knue

We wuz robbed! *Sob*!

Spiff
01-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

5th best team in the AL sounds right to me.

Hey as long as they don't trash them. And top 10 isn't that bad.

RichH55
01-17-2002, 08:26 PM
Maybe I'm just way too optimistic, but i like the White Sox better than the Mets, and the Red Sox have way too many question marks for me to put them over the White Sox right now either. Other than that I think the rankings are decent, but you don't play games in TSN

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Maybe I'm just way too optimistic, but i like the White Sox better than the Mets, and the Red Sox have way too many question marks for me to put them over the White Sox right now either. Other than that I think the rankings are decent, but you don't play games in TSN

The White Sox have a ton of question marks as well. The Mets are going to score a lot of runs, the question is can they get the pitching.

I know, I'm to negative. :smile:

RichH55
01-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

The White Sox have a ton of question marks as well. The Mets are going to score a lot of runs, the question is can they get the pitching.

I know, I'm to negative. :smile:

Thats Mets offense isn't exactly 1927 Yankees either..and damn the negativity:) Didn't you just post in the optimistic thread that optimistic thoughts weren't bad or unwarranted? And isn't Rey Ordonez still the SS for the Mets? Thats an out, so is Pitcher, and that OF isn't exactly murder's Row, and Mo hasn't been mo for what 3 years now? Alomar is great, but probably will put up worse numbers than last year, and Piazza and Alfonso are good/great major league hitters

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Didn't you just post in the optimistic thread that optimistic thoughts weren't bad or unwarranted?

I don't think I did.

cornball
01-17-2002, 10:16 PM
You know what.....we should be excited!!

Like it or not KW will do something major before camp breaks, sometimes the deal doesnt workout ...but he does have guts....you have to admit it....what do they say high risk ....high reward (well sometimes) and KW is not afraid of risk, he has shown that.

kermittheefrog
01-17-2002, 10:30 PM

Thats Mets offense isn't exactly 1927 Yankees either..and damn the negativity:) Didn't you just post in the optimistic thread that optimistic thoughts weren't bad or unwarranted? And isn't Rey Ordonez still the SS for the Mets? Thats an out, so is Pitcher, and that OF isn't exactly murder's Row, and Mo hasn't been mo for what 3 years now? Alomar is great, but probably will put up worse numbers than last year, and Piazza and Alfonso are good/great major league hitters

That pretty much sums up what I think of the Mets. My bet is they will be the most dissapointing team of the season. I love the rumors that they are interested in Bubba Trammell. It's not like they didn't have him a year ago and do nothing with him. this is really an organization that doesn't know if it's coming or going.

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
That pretty much sums up what I think of the Mets. My bet is they will be the most dissapointing team of the season. I love the rumors that they are interested in Bubba Trammell. It's not like they didn't have him a year ago and do nothing with him. this is really an organization that doesn't know if it's coming or going.

Gammons says it's all but official that Burnitz is heading to the Mets. With him in that lineup, they'll hit a ton of homers, but also have a ton of K's.