PDA

View Full Version : Those who got their ST stolen..........

INSox56
03-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I am one of the fortunate few like you who got their's stolen. Got a question, I got my replacements in today....were your replacement tickets just crappy regular ones without the packaging, pictures on the tickets, etc?????? If so, this REALLY blows..........

Hangar18
03-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I am one of the fortunate few like you who got their's stolen. Got a question, I got my replacements in today....were your replacement tickets just crappy regular ones without the packaging, pictures on the tickets, etc?????? If so, this REALLY blows..........

Thats why I PERSONALLY go and pick mine up. I dont ever want my tickets stolen

INSox56
03-30-2006, 10:17 AM
No !##@##$! If this is the case and I"m stuck with these lame pieces of crap, I'm gonna email brooks and be like, ***? I pay 1000 bucks for tickets and parking and they can't afford to print out special tickets again? Come on...

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 10:18 AM
No !##@##$! If this is the case and I"m stuck with these lame pieces of crap, I'm gonna email brooks and be like, ***? I pay 1000 bucks for tickets and parking and they can't afford to print out special tickets again? Come on...

Yeah, that would be a pretty bozo move on the part of the Sox.

anewman35
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM

Is it the Sox fault that your tickets got stolen?

TornLabrum
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Is it the Sox fault that your tickets got stolen?

No, but dammit, they should pay restitution!

INSox56
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
No it's not their fault, but it's not mine either. LOL I mean it's not like I'm asking for my money back and the tickets. I'd just like what I was supposed to get in the first place. Thankfully Tom responded with this which makes me feel a little better anyway....

"Glad the tickets arrived safely.
I am sorry they are on the regular stock. Unfortunately the printing
company can't do individual orders for us and there just wouldn't be
enough time anyway. I'll try to make it up to you later in the season."

Realist
03-30-2006, 11:19 AM
No it's not their fault, but it's not mine either. LOL I mean it's not like I'm asking for my money back and the tickets. I'd just like what I was supposed to get in the first place. Thankfully Tom responded with this which makes me feel a little better anyway....

"Glad the tickets arrived safely.
I am sorry they are on the regular stock. Unfortunately the printing
company can't do individual orders for us and there just wouldn't be
enough time anyway. I'll try to make it up to you later in the season."
Free churros heal all wounds. :moonwalk:

steff
03-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Thats why I PERSONALLY go and pick mine up. I dont ever want my tickets stolen

You bought tickets this year...? You personally? With your $$... :redface:

steff
03-30-2006, 12:04 PM

Just a suggestion here... but maybe email the man in charge of tickets and not the man in charge of marketing... :rolleyes:

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2006, 12:12 PM
How were they shipped?? USPS, UPS, FedEx??

Jerko
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't you NEED different looking tickets to avoid further fraud/theft? If the Sox staff see you with your "new" tickets, and someone just happens to show up to the same game with your stolen ticket, at least this way the ushers will know that YOU belong there and not the other person. I assume the bar codes on your originals will be deactivated, but if someone brings it in anyway and uses it to try for an upgrade, at least you'll have a document (the crappier looking ticket) to prove it's really your seat. :dunno:

CubKilla
03-30-2006, 12:38 PM

A ticket is a ticket. One will get you in just as easily as the other. I'm sure it's in the best interest of the White Sox Organization to contact the ticket printing company IMMEDIATELY just to print off a few more special season tickets just for you.

And I thought I moaned and groaned about the Sox Organization incessantly. Some of the recent threads from new season ticket holders regarding the Sox Organization are really petty and annoying.

jackbrohamer
IIRC they order them in bulk and it takes a while to get them printed; this year, they told me if I did not pay my balance in late January it would be too late to have them printed on the season ticket paper.

INSox56
Wouldn't you NEED different looking tickets to avoid further fraud/theft? If the Sox staff see you with your "new" tickets, and someone just happens to show up to the same game with your stolen ticket, at least this way the ushers will know that YOU belong there and not the other person. I assume the bar codes on your originals will be deactivated, but if someone brings it in anyway and uses it to try for an upgrade, at least you'll have a document (the crappier looking ticket) to prove it's really your seat. :dunno:

Naw, you wouldn't really need different looking tickets. They changed the barcodes. I thought about this scenario and I'd just bring my ID and billing confirmation. And if they let the other person in just once...if they were stupid enough to try to sit in my seats I'd beat the living expletive out of them without hesitation.

Steff I was more joking than anything else with that statement. hehe

The originals were USPS (NEXT year I'm picking them up, forget the mail). These this time were overnighted with DHL.

INSox56
03-30-2006, 12:41 PM
A ticket is a ticket. One will get you in just as easily as the other. I'm sure it's in the best interest of the White Sox Organization to contact the ticket printing company IMMEDIATELY just to print off a few more special season tickets just for you.

And I thought I moaned and groaned about the Sox Organization incessantly. Some of the recent threads from new season ticket holders regarding the Sox Organization are really petty and annoying.

Wow, well I think this is a little different than whining and moaning about a friggin party. This is my first season as a ticket holder and I KIND OF WANTED them for a keepsake. Nice packaging and printing on the tickets is a little more attractive framed than black and white standard tickets. Instead of saying wow my first season tickets...I'd just say, wow, it looks like I went to a lot of games that year..... Maybe I'm too sentimental about my team, I don't know. Call me crazy.

And jack, yeah that's pretty much the impression I got with the response back.

Jerko
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Naw, you wouldn't really need different looking tickets. They changed the barcodes. I thought about this scenario and I'd just bring my ID and billing confirmation. And if they let the other person in just once...if they were stupid enough to try to sit in my seats I'd beat the living expletive out of them without hesitation.

Steff I was more joking than anything else with that statement. hehe

The originals were USPS (NEXT year I'm picking them up, forget the mail). These this time were overnighted with DHL.

Don't be too quick to beat anybody up, if anybody actually makes it to your seat it will most likely be an innocent person thinking they were buying a legit ticket. The thief probably will never set foot in the park, unless he can't unload the tix and buys a cheap ticket and uses yours to "upgrade" once he gets into the park. That WOULD be stupid on his part but I'm willing to bet stupid is something he's been before.

Iwritecode
03-30-2006, 12:51 PM
And if they let the other person in just once...if they were stupid enough to try to sit in my seats I'd beat the living expletive out of them without hesitation.

Whoever took them is probably making a bundle by selling them all. Then the people that buy them can get in trouble...

A couple questions:

How did they get stolen? The the mailman just leave them by your front door or something?

Who else has had theirs stolen?

INSox56
03-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Don't be too quick to beat anybody up, if anybody actually makes it to your seat it will most likely be an innocent person thinking they were buying a legit ticket. The thief probably will never set foot in the park, unless he can't unload the tix and buys a cheap ticket and uses yours to "upgrade" once he gets into the park. That WOULD be stupid on his part but I'm willing to bet stupid is something he's been before.

Yeah honestly I thought about that last night and in the recent past. I'm not dumb enough to not ask a question about where they got them or wait 2 games to see if it's the same person or not. If not the same person, then I can find out who they got them from and, bam, that guys in a lot of legal hurt. Federal mail fraud isn't too kind a penalty. If it is the same guy for a few games then, the hurt will come in some other fashion. And for the stupid comment....there are A LOT of stupid people out there....I don't put anything past anybody. LOL

INSox56
03-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Whoever took them is probably making a bundle by selling them all. Then the people that buy them can get in trouble...

A couple questions:

How did they get stolen? The the mailman just leave them by your front door or something?

Who else has had theirs stolen?
I read on some other threads about one or two people who got theirs stolen. For one, it's odd because I live pretty far out of town with no one living around. I checked the mail within an hour after it being dropped off every day last week. How I found out was I waited till Friday, no tickets so I emailed my rep. He reported they showed scanned and delivered on Tuesday. I called the post office and they spoke to my postman who claims he actually remembers scanning it and dropping it in the mailbox...How someone knew to look in my mailbox within an hour after him dropping it off I don't know...... Nothing else was stolen out of there either...including a cellphone a week prior. Seems fishy to me, which is why everything important I want delivered is going to my work address from now on.

skottyj242
03-30-2006, 01:03 PM
A couple of years ago a person in my party lost their tickets and he got new ones but these weren't even the normal printed tickets he got back, they were just blank card with the dates and seat number written on them in pen. Everytime we went to a game together he had to use the elevator entrance for suite holders because that was the only place they were accepted, we got an easy ride to our seats though.

Law11
03-30-2006, 01:39 PM

I know it sucks but you have to understand something. These are all sent out to a printer at the same time and printed in mass then numbered acordingly.

For them to pay a printer for a second run for a few people would cost thousands to do because of all the production involved.

The regular ones you got are a standard ticket template that they run thats why they are cheaper in look as well as the stock of paper..

kninchicago
03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
My tickets were lost in the mail--my friend is the one in charge of the account and he's asked his rep about 5 times to change the address since he moved last year, and the rep never has. But I guess they're going to be delivered in time. I'm not worried about it but that rep sounds like a moron.

DumpJerry
03-30-2006, 02:03 PM
This is why I use my work address for all White Sox mailings. There's nothing but Cub fans here, I have no worries.

Slight digression: One of the Cub fans here at the office yesterday split up his Cubs STs with one of his ST partners. I asked them if the simulated games were included in their package. They looked at me with puzzled expressions. I said "Wood and Prior" and they understood. Apparently, the simulated games have simulated tickets.....

INSox56
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
I know it sucks but you have to understand something. These are all sent out to a printer at the same time and printed in mass then numbered acordingly.

For them to pay a printer for a second run for a few people would cost thousands to do because of all the production involved.

The regular ones you got are a standard ticket template that they run thats why they are cheaper in look as well as the stock of paper..

Yeah I understand to a point. But as others have mentioned...send them via something besides the stupid post office. At LEAST make them sig required or something. We're talking potentially thousands of dollars worth...I think that's important enough to at least put a required signature. Oh well though, as I said, I don't trust the post office as far as I can throw it.

Realist
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
My tickets were lost in the mail--my friend is the one in charge of the account and he's asked his rep about 5 times to change the address since he moved last year, and the rep never has. But I guess they're going to be delivered in time. I'm not worried about it but that rep sounds like a moron.

That's really not cool. Steps should be taken to help assure that that won't happen again to anybody else.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 02:21 PM

You are aware you can change your mailing address through your "My White Sox Account" feature at whitesox.com, aren't you?

DumpJerry
03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
That's really not cool. Steps should be taken to help assure that that won't happen again to anybody else.
I believe you can change your mailing address online on your account at Whitesox.com. You might want to check it out.

Realist
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
You are aware you can change your mailing address through your "My White Sox Account" feature at whitesox.com, aren't you?

... and there's the answer. :smile:

komando
03-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Where can you change the address online under the my account manager, the address is unchangeable and it says "contact your ticket rep to change your profile" am I missing something.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Where can you change the address online under the my account manager, the address is unchangeable and it says "contact your ticket rep to change your profile" am I missing something.

Whoa, I just tried it and you're right, you have to contact your rep. I could have sworn that you were able to edit it a few months ago.

:dunno:

Realist
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Whoa, I just tried it and you're right, you have to contact your rep. I could have sworn that you were able to edit it a few months ago.

:dunno:

...okay so that's not the answer. :?:

DumpJerry
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Hmmm....you can only change your phone number....well, email your rep daily until s/he takes care of it (squeaky wheel).

Realist
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Hmmm....you can only change your phone number....well, email your rep daily until s/he takes care of it (squeaky wheel).

... but how will you know if it's taken care of until the tickets don't show up at the correct address?

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
...okay so that's not the answer. :?:

Any one of the reps should be able to access your account and modify it. Call a different rep, tell them the situation and see if they will change it for you.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 03:05 PM
... but how will you know if it's taken care of until the tickets don't show up at the correct address?

You just blew my mind.

:nuts:

kninchicago
03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
He did try to change it online...don't remember if he could then or not. He's known about this problem for some time now as everything all off-season has had his old address on it and was then forwarded by the post office(and who knows there may have been other things he was mailed that he didn't get besides just the tickets). However for whatever reason, everything still gets sent to the old address. He called to complain to the rep...and apparently it didn't change a thing. When he called to report his tickets were gone, he got our old rep, from last year, and that's how we know they're being resent. Don't know why the rep was switched. We moved up to a split plan from the Minnie plan, maybe that is why. Anyways I feel confident we will be good for the season. I used to work at a theater, so I know that tickets can be reissued and that we're not going to be turned away. Thanks though.

MySoxAreClean
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you guys know if those ST boxes came with a tracking code from the POST OFFICE? if so try calling your mailcarrier supervisor. We do get calls when a customer tracks the packages and when it says item is at the PO then the box was lost in the Process from being sorted to were the carrier get it. They should of put those inside another box unmarked, not with Season Tickets on the box for everyone to see, I recommend calling your PO and see if they left your package at the PO ,some carrier never leave notices. Advice from the MailMan :smile:

kninchicago
03-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Well guess what showed up at my friend's house yesterday. They had his old address on them with a forwarding sticker! :angry:

itsnotrequired
03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Well guess what showed up at my friend's house yesterday. They had his old address on them with a forwarding sticker! :angry:

:rolling:

This whole saga has reached the point of ridiculous humor...

Dadawg_77
03-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Do you guys know if those ST boxes came with a tracking code from the POST OFFICE? if so try calling your mailcarrier supervisor. We do get calls when a customer tracks the packages and when it says item is at the PO then the box was lost in the Process from being sorted to were the carrier get it. They should of put those inside another box unmarked, not with Season Tickets on the box for everyone to see, I recommend calling your PO and see if they left your package at the PO ,some carrier never leave notices. Advice from the MailMan :smile:

The box was unmarked except for the returned address.

kninchicago
03-31-2006, 12:20 PM
:rolling:

This whole saga has reached the point of ridiculous humor...

At this point, I just have to laugh and shake my head. How many Sox Tix reps does it take to change an address...

INSox56
03-31-2006, 05:36 PM

Understandable and thanks for the help. But as I said before in a previous post....I talked to the post office and they talked to my mail carrier. He says he remembers specifically scanning it and putting it in the mailbox (yes we have a huge mailbox)