PDA

View Full Version : Thome and "chemestry"

Mickster
03-30-2006, 10:37 AM
I caught the end of yesterday's game v. Milwaukee last night on the Comcast replay and was quite pleased with what I saw. I only managed to catch the 9th & 10th innings but managed to see the Ozuna walk-off to end the game on the 1st pitch of the 10th inning.

When Ozuna was rounding third and making his way home after the HR, only one Sox player was at home play awaiting him. Thome was nearly standing on home plate with his arms in the air and a big smile on his face. He have Ozuna a hi-five and gave him a bear hug. He was the first one out of the dugout and the team trickled out thereafter. As the team was making its way back to the dugout, Thome put his arm around Anderson and walked him back to the dugout.

I have read in various reports how "nice" Thome is and how well he was received by teammates for the Indians and Phillies. It just caught me by surprise that the newest Sox member seemes to have already found his way on this team. :smile:

INSox56
03-30-2006, 10:48 AM
As I found myself saying all last season, I'll say it again. I Love This Team. Not just because yeah, they're the sox. But because all the guys on the team are just FUN. Just plain fun like a bunch of guys hanging out together. I read the article last season talking about how on road trips, most teams go off in small groups together and do their own thing. But it was written, and they quoted somoene (maybe buehrle) that this team isn't like that. He said he's never been around a team atmosphere where they all just HANG OUT together. He said there'd be like 20 of them in a room together all playing cards and just chillin. I LOVE this team. Good thing my seats are in right field so I can get the binocs out and watch the dugout shinanigans!

SOecks
03-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah that was really cool. I can't wait to see what Thome is going to do this year.

NonetheLoaiza
03-30-2006, 10:49 AM
I really can't remember hearing any horror stories of Jim Thome. All that I have ever heard about him is how great of a teammate he is, and how players on the team respect him so much. Of course, none of this mattered when he played with the Indians to me...he just always killed the Sox...:smile:

MVP
03-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Thome is great. I hope he can stay healthy and I think he can if all he has to do is DH. All the other guys that KW brought in such as Vasquez, Cintron and Mackowiak all seem to be good teammates too. I like what I see so far.

IlliniSox4Life
03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I agree, but I do think the reason Thome was out there is because he was in the whole getting ready to go on deck and was up anyway. Not that he wouldn't have gone out there, but it is probably why he was the first guy out there.

goon
03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
yes, that was encouraging to see in yesterday's game and the best part is it didn't seem like thome was forcing it at all, everyone looked genuinely happy. from everything i've read he is supposed to be a great guy, i'm sure he fits right in with the team and it's great to have a leader like him for younger players to look up to, along with paulie, mark, jermaine....

Iwritecode
03-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Thome has always seemed like an easy-going, beer-drinking, blue collar kinda guy. Somebody you could sit and talk baseball with in a bar with the game going on in the background.

He should fit in perfectly with this team. :cool:

tick53
03-30-2006, 01:57 PM
How about that Kenny Williams?
He gets rid of the clubhouse cancer THOMAS :mad: (Cranky Franky)
And get clubhouse companion THOME :smile: ( Jovial Jimbo)
__________________________________________________ _________
It's gonna be a great season !

skottyj242
03-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Please don't ever go there again.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-30-2006, 02:21 PM

A Ned Flanders approved post.
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/town/NedFlanders2.gif
"Lovdiddlyovely."

thomas35forever
03-30-2006, 06:59 PM
A Ned Flanders approved post.
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/town/NedFlanders2.gif
"Lovdiddlyovely."

Now THAT's scary!:o:

DieTrying79
03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
As I found myself saying all last season, I'll say it again. I Love This Team. Not just because yeah, they're the sox. But because all the guys on the team are just FUN.

Innit great?! I can't imagine my life without the Sox, more importantly this particular team.