PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!!!

AuroraSoxFan
03-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Kerry Wood is scheduled to throw a session of batting practice!! Give the guy his Cy Young award now and save every other hurler the embarassment. Just like the Jefferson's he's Movin' On Up!

How can such a thing make headlines??? Lots of coaches in their 50s and 60s throw batting practice. I'd rather see a headline about a new product that makes paint dry faster.

PAPChiSox729
03-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Hello, and welcome to White Sox Interactive.

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2006, 09:00 AM
He's a 20 game winner in simulated games.

0o0o0
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Coach/Dad Throws BP
In a fascinating story out of an otherwise quiet northern suburb of Denver, a little league coach threw batting practice to his team Wednesday afternoon. The coach, who has been doing this for 9 years, didn't see what the big deal was.
"Just the normal practice. Give them a few at-bats each, let them work on bunting and fielding." Things were going smoothly until the coach's son came to bat. For a span of 8 pitches, the coach couldn't find the plate, causing some of the players to respond with various "We want a pitcher..." chants.
"Oh when Timmy was batting? Yeah, my arm was feeling it a little at that point. It was such a beautiful weekend so I got a lot of yard work done. I guess I just overused it a bit. I guess I know not to make that mistake again."

See Coach pg. 3A

fusillirob1983
03-31-2006, 08:38 PM
That's one expensive bp pitcher.