PDA

View Full Version : Article on AL domination

downstairs
03-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Scott Miller can be a tool, but glad someone is writing on the pure domination of the AL over NL in the past decade:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9345798

Baby Fisk
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Anyone else use their mouse to make his creepy computer avatar jerk its head back and forth? :cool:

[*ahem!*]

Anyway, I predicted in another thread that whichever team wins the AL pennant wins it all in 2006. The NL winner gets to be part of the next WS sweep. Book it.

palehozenychicty
03-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Anyone else use their mouse to make his creepy computer avatar jerk its head back and forth? :cool:

[*ahem!*]

Anyway, I predicted in another thread that whichever team wins the AL pennant wins it all in 2006. The NL winner gets to be part of the next WS sweep. Book it.

I concur. But by '07-'08, the snakes and dodgers will have their booming farm systems in the majors, and they'll have a legitimate chance to break the streak.

batmanZoSo
03-30-2006, 08:56 AM
I think Eric Chavez makes a good point in that article near the bottom--that wins are going to drop this year because there are so many good teams. I think he may be right. You might see AL division winners with 95 wins max and no 99-105 win teams. It sure looks like a competitive field and it's very nice to have the Sox favored to come out on top by SI. Not that any publication's prediction means anything, but this must be a pretty damn good looking team is the point. :thumbsup:

Lip Man 1
03-30-2006, 11:55 AM
The wild card team last year Boston won 95 games remember? I think there was only a four game difference between the wild card team and the #1 seed (White Sox).

It figures to be just as close and just as difficult to secure home field advantage this season which is why (again) wins in April / May count just as much as wins in August / September.

I hope the Sox bullpen hits their stride from day one....they may need it.

Lip

ondafarm
03-30-2006, 12:04 PM

That's more fun than reading the article. Where do they get clowns like this guy?

21stcenturySox
03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
This guy must get paid by the metaphor. I counted eight before I finished--(Starbucks to Folger's?). Nothing like using a cliche when you have nothing to say.:whatever: