PDA

View Full Version : Sox announce opening series recommendations

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 05:02 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060329&content_id=1367260&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Interesting points:

The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street, and the Green Line is two blocks further east. The CTA will be adding additional cars to Red and Green Line trains.
The center field Fan Deck and the Pontiac Fundamentals Area both will be closed for private parties on Sunday, April 2 and will re-open to the public on Tuesday, April 4.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, fans can park in Lot A beginning at 6:00 a.m., take the El to work, and return to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th streets.
In accordance with the City of Chicago's Clean Indoor Act of 2005, smoking now is prohibited in virtually all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. Smoking will be allowed in clearly-marked areas on ramps 2, 3, 5 and 6 only.

Cat Thief
03-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming the Fundamentals deck is going to ESPN. :angry:

The Critic
03-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Will they be doing "baseball demonstrations" like the NFL pregame guys do?
Or is that Fox?
Or do I care?

comiskey2000
03-29-2006, 05:21 PM
They really should not sell the Fan Deck to private parties which they did a few times last year. They advertise it as a unique place for fans.

Tekijawa
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
They really should not sell the Fan Deck to private parties which they did a few times last year. They advertise it as a unique place for fans.

The Cubs advertise their whole stadium as a Unique place for fans... At least the Whitesox haven't opened up a second company to sell tickets to the fan deck yet at triple what it cost to get into the park!

scottjanssens
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM

They increase payroll by more than $20 million and you're quibbling about fan deck access?

ilsox7
03-29-2006, 05:41 PM
They increase payroll by more than $20 million and you're quibbling about fan deck access?

They could hand out $100 bills to every person who enters the park and people would complain it's not enough.

kevingrt
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
They could hand out $100 bills to every person who enters the park and people would complain it's not enough.

So true, greedy Americans. Hell, I want another World Series now.

mcg
03-29-2006, 05:49 PM
I think it's just a Pontiac thing. I won tickets from Pontiac at the Auto Show and that's where we're sitting (or at least I hope I'll be sitting). The tickets say to go to the Fundamentals deck and it'd be nice if they set up some temporary seating. Although I'll gladly take standing the whole time for a chance to be at this momentous event.

comiskey2000
03-29-2006, 06:24 PM

I am not even going to opening day. And I personally do not care if the fan deck is open or not. People on WSI go to enough games have seen all aspects of the park. You are right it should not be something to quibble over. However some people ony get to go to one or two games a year if that. I am sure they would want to go to the fan deck if they paid a lot for tickets.

comet2k
03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
So where do I go to get my $100? And is it every game or just Opening Night?

SoxSideIrish
03-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Another interesting point which would seem to contradict what quite a few ticket rep's have said...

• Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

Someone figure this out please. Make up your minds.

anewman35
03-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Another interesting point which would seem to contradict what quite a few ticket rep's have said...

• Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

They've always said this. I mean, the policy might have changed, I don't know, but they've never publically made it known that season ticket holders are an exception. An example, from the PR before last year's Cubs series:

•Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-30-2006, 07:46 AM
I paid for a UD ticket, I'll stay up there. There's plenty to do up there and see now that it's been redesigned. Plus, I can take better pictures of the whole park from up there (which I will gladly post after Tuesday's game).

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 08:47 AM

I just e-mailed my rep about this. He says that as long as you have a SEASON ticket, you can access the Lower Deck. The statement above is redundant since it has been the policy that Upper Deck tickets do not have full access to the park (it is printed right on the ticket).

I was thinking they may not let ANYONE from 500-level down into the Lower Deck for bigger games, regardless whether it was a season ticket or not. You know, games like Opening Day, Cubs series, etc. It doesn't appear to be that way though; Upper Deck season ticket holders will have full access to the park.

mccombe_35
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Only 2 lots for cash parking?!? Yikes

downstairs
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
In accordance with the City of Chicago's Clean Indoor Act of 2005, smoking now is prohibited in virtually all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. Smoking will be allowed in clearly-marked areas on ramps 2, 3, 5 and 6 only.

I am hoping NOT to start a smoking debate... but does anyone know where these ramps are?

Also... do you know how close one of them may be to the 300 level?

anewman35
03-30-2006, 09:28 AM

I am hoping NOT to start a smoking debate... but does anyone know where these ramps are?

Also... do you know how close one of them may be to the 300 level?

These are pretty much all the ramps, since I don't think they use 1 or 7, and I don't think 4 even exists. They are spread all around the park, and all of them stop at the 300 level. If you're asking "how close is a clearly-marked area to the 300 level", that I couldn't tell you.

downstairs
03-30-2006, 10:02 AM
I think I'm going to have to write the White Sox to better clarify the smoking rule. It should actually read as such:

In accordance with the City of Chicago's Clean Indoor Act of 2005, smoking now is prohibited in virtually all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. Smoking will be allowed in clearly-marked areas on ramps 2, 3, 5 and 6 only. Smoking cigars will also be allowed in the home team clubhouse after the scheduled division clinching, ALDS clinching, ALCS clinching, and World Series clinching games at the end of the season.

:cool:

koch44
03-30-2006, 10:04 AM

Looks like I'm going to have to buy an usher a Pepsi on Tuesday.

Sad
03-30-2006, 12:26 PM

that's gonna make things real interesting...

I guess I'm in Lots F & L this season, which may actually be easier for me when exiting & heading over to LSD...

I'm not even sure how many cars these lots hold-
are they, combined, the size of Lot G?

just when I thought I had everything figured out...

koch44
03-30-2006, 12:29 PM

It also says cash parking will be extremely limited for those lots since a lot of people bought coupons in advance for those lots.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I couldn't even imagine driving to this game. In addition to the insane crowds, it will be the first weekend of the Dan Ryan construction and people will still be trying to "figure it out" in terms of routes to take.

trailboss
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought someone said the 35th st. exit from the red LIne was going to be closed for repairs?

Can anyone confirm/debunk?

Sad
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM
It also says cash parking will be extremely limited for those lots since a lot of people bought coupons in advance for those lots.

yeah my rep said most days only Lot L will accept cash...
sheesh

itsnotrequired
03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
I thought someone said the 35th st. exit from the red LIne was going to be closed for repairs?

Can anyone confirm/debunk?

The 33rd St. entrance at the Sox-35th stop is closed for the season. Only the 35th St. entrance will be available.

rookie
03-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I posted this on the other thread, but for the opening series, you can only tailgate early in lots A/C/G. I have a prepaid for F/L and wanted to get there early because of the Dan Ryan and to tailgate a little before going in early for the ring ceremony. You think they are going to be strict about the times since they are opening the other lots early anyways?

Sad
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
I posted this on the other thread, but for the opening series, you can only tailgate early in lots A/C/G. I have a prepaid for F/L and wanted to get there early because of the Dan Ryan and to tailgate a little before going in early for the ring ceremony. You think they are going to be strict about the times since they are opening the other lots early anyways?

that memo was poorly written/edited-
tailgating is allowed in all lots, not just A-F as it reads... :rolleyes: