PDA

View Full Version : Cubs ad agency plays to the masses

McCuddy
03-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Just got an order to record a Cubs commercial for radio.

Copy has this line: "Come enjoy all the ambiance (sic) that is beautiful Wrigley Field." It seems to begrudgingly mention that there's a game vs. Cincinnati, and ends with "See you at Wrigley Field!?" (That's how they wrote it! And no, you won't see ME there.)

Other spot says "With 2005 National Batting League Champion Derrek Lee, Carlos Zambrano, Aramis Ramirez, and newcomers Juan Pierre and Jacque Jones, 2006 promises to be an exciting season."

Hmm... who's missing?

Ol' No. 2
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Just got an order to record a Cubs commercial for radio.

Copy has this line: "Come enjoy all the ambiance (sic) that is beautiful Wrigley Field." It seems to begrudgingly mention that there's a game vs. Cincinnati, and ends with "See you at Wrigley Field!?" (That's how they wrote it! And no, you won't see ME there.)

Other spot says "With 2005 National Batting League Champion Derrek Lee, Carlos Zambrano, Aramis Ramirez, and newcomers Juan Pierre and Jacque Jones, 2006 promises to be an exciting season."

Hmm... who's missing?What else do they have?

maurice
03-29-2006, 03:17 PM
There were running TV spots that featured Wood and Prior. I guess that's out.
:tongue:

veeter
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't worry, there all set up to say, "Just wait until Kerry and Mark come back, we'll be unstoppable." It's coming, trust me.

SOXPHILE
03-29-2006, 03:35 PM
http://wgnradio.com/sports/photos/cb03santo10jersey.jpg
"Hey, don't forget, you also get to see my ugly face, and hear me sing that...uhh..what's it called again Pat ? Oh yeah, the 7th inning stretch song. Gosh darn those White Sox ! Them winning that World Series has me and my fake hair mad and all out of sorts ! That's o.k. though, because THIS IS OUR YEAR ! I just know it....."