PDA

View Full Version : Parking for the Opener

Black Jack 29
03-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Just so I'm clear on the ballpark parking situation, is there only cash parking at Lots F and L? Does everything else require a permit?

John

tebman
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Just so I'm clear on the ballpark parking situation, is there only cash parking at Lots F and L? Does everything else require a permit?

John
Don't know what their traffic-planning strategy is, but I've got Ozzie-Plan tickets and have prepaid parking in F and L, so I know those two lots are not exclusively cash-only.

My guess is that they've spread them around because of demand.

DumpJerry
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
G is cash only. I have a full season plan and got stuck with Green Coupons (F and L).

kkappelk
03-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Lots open at 4pm on Sunday

From website:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp

For reserved parking: Proceed south on State Street to 31st Street. Turn right (west) on 31st Street to Wentworth Avenue and go south on Wentworth Avenue to the reserved parking lots. Cars with red parking coupons, proceed to parking lots A, B, C, or G beginning at 33rd Street and Wentworth Avenue. Cars with green parking coupons, proceed to parking lots E, F and L, beginning at 37th Street and Wentworth Avenue. For cash parking: Proceed south on State Street to 31st Street. Turn right (west) on 31st Street to Wentworth Avenue. Turn left for parking lots F & L. When these lots are full, you will be directed to the overflow parking lots, located at IIT (33rd and State Street).

SoxFan78
03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
G is cash only. I have a full season plan and got stuck with Green Coupons (F and L).

Who knows whats going on for parking! I have the green coupons also, but look at this on the Sox website for green parking rules.

For reserved parking: (Green Coupons) Proceed south on Damen Avenue or Ashland Avenue to 39th Street. Turn left (east) on 39th Street to Stewart Avenue. Turn left for parking lots E, F and L.

Coupon says F and L, Website says E, F and L. Oh well, I guess come Sunday everybody will know the rules.

DumpJerry
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Who knows whats going on for parking! I have the green coupons also, but look at this on the Sox website for green parking rules.

Coupon says F and L, Website says E, F and L. Oh well, I guess come Sunday everybody will know the rules.
E is for Diamond Suites, IIRC.

SoxIllini
03-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Lots open at 4pm on Sunday

source?

tebman
03-29-2006, 01:06 PM
source? (on lots opening at 4:00)
DumpJerry and I both spoke to the Sox front office. 4:00 is what we were told.

Sad
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM

:?:
this contradicts everything the website says-
it references Lots F and L as cash only...

I hope G is still a cash lot (it was during '05 playoffs) as that's where I usually tailgate...

(I emailed my ticket rep & he said F & L are the only cash lots this year...)

SoxIllini
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
DumpJerry and I both spoke to the Sox front office. 4:00 is what we were told.

Wow, with all the pregame festivities I thought they would have opened the lots around 2 or 3. Thanks for the info.

Iwritecode
03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Looking at the driving directions for me it says to take the Roosevelt exit and head east to State. Then take that south to 31st and go back west again.

Does that make more sense than heading west on Roosevelt and going south on Halsted or Ashland? What would be the better choice?