PDA

View Full Version : Nice going Score...

BainesHOF
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM
A Cubs fan just won Sox season tickets in the station's contest. What a joke.

Hangar18
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
A Cubs fan just won Sox season tickets in the station's contest. What a joke.

are you kidding me? How does the Score mess something as easy as this up? (How do they mess up re-signing a HOF announcer)

SOXPHILE
03-29-2006, 11:07 AM
They're also up in the 500 level. This may sound nit-picky, but don't you think the station that is broadcasting the Sox this year, (and paying Mike North over $1 million per year) could spring for a little better seats than that ?

soxfanatlanta
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM
They're also up in the 500 level. This may sound nit-picky, but don't you think the station that is broadcasting the Sox this year, (and paying Mike North over $1 million per year) could spring for a little better seats than that ?

A begger cannot be choosy.

SoxFan78
03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
From listening to the show, it sounded like this guy was a fan of both teams.

I also found it funny that "The biggest contest in Score history" was season tickets in the cheapest part of the stadium.

Oh well, they put him in my section, so maybe I can see him from my row 1 seat!

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
A begger cannot be choosy.

Exactly. Is there honestly any non-season ticket holders here that would turn down FREE 500-level season tickets? I know I sure wouldn't.

BainesHOF
03-29-2006, 11:17 AM
From listening to the show, it sounded like this guy was a fan of both teams.

I don't think so. North asked him if he was a Sox fan. He hesitated and then mumbled, "I'm a baseball fan." North then asked him if he's been to the park on the North Side and he said, "Yes." The winner didn't seem excited at all. The tickets will probably wind up on eBay.

Minnie Me
03-29-2006, 11:31 AM
are you kidding me? How does the Score mess something as easy as this up? (How do they mess up re-signing a HOF announcer)

I am very upset with the Score radio station. They award free seats to a Cub Fan. The promotion featured seats in the 500 section. In addition this station fired John Rhoomey who was a award winning announcer and relplaced him with inexperienced (cheaper) talent.

As the White Sox are moving towards becoming one of the overall top tier MLB organizations from the front office down to the field, it is disappointing that the media outlets do not maintain the same level of top tier excellence.

The problem with the promotion could have been easily solved in numerous creative ways. Most of the posters here would have been able to come with a much better promotion. Was Brooks Boyer involved in this? Problems with the Sox broadcast are certainly more complicated as they obviously concern bottom line money considerations.

Issues regarding the media outlets from the newspapers, radio and TV will continue to be a blight upon the Sox landscape until our Revolution throws out the old guard. Meet me in Lincoln Park-The Whole World Will Be Watching.

anewman35
03-29-2006, 11:38 AM
What did the contest consist of? Was the winner random, or was there more to it? If it was random, there's not much they could do about it.

SoxFan78
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
What did the contest consist of? Was the winner random, or was there more to it? If it was random, there's not much they could do about it.

It was very random. Every day the Score would have a word of the day. And when they made a announcment later on in the day, the tenth caller that knew the word of the day would get a chance to win season tickets.

twsoxfan5
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I dont care about anything that the Score does as far giving away tickets and who hosts their morning shows. The only time I will listen to that station is when the Sox are on. Has anyone noticed the sounds quality being a lot worse over the radio? I have not listened on the Radio yet, but the sound quality has been bad over the web. There is a lot of static and both Farmer and Singleton sound muffled. I am hoping that it is only this way over the web, but who knows. It sucks when your favorite team switches to a crap radio station to broadcast games.

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Issues regarding the media outlets from the newspapers, radio and TV will continue to be a blight upon the Sox landscape until our Revolution throws out the old guard. Meet me in Lincoln Park-The Whole World Will Be Watching.

Classic...

scottjanssens
03-29-2006, 11:42 AM
In addition this station fired John Rhoomey who was a award winning announcer and relplaced him with inexperienced (cheaper) talent.

They didn't fire Rooney. Rooney's contract was up and they couldn't agree to terms.

Baby Fisk
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Meet me in Lincoln Park-The Whole World Will Be Watching.Either this is a brilliantly obscure reference, or just a coincidence churned out by an eccentric mind.

Minnie Me
03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh, where were you in Chicago?
You know I didn't see you there
I didn't see them crack your head or breathe the tear gas air
When the fight was being fought
'Cause I was in Detroit.

Iwritecode
03-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I dont care about anything that the Score does as far giving away tickets and who hosts their morning shows. The only time I will listen to that station is when the Sox are on. Has anyone noticed the sounds quality being a lot worse over the radio? I have not listened on the Radio yet, but the sound quality has been bad over the web. There is a lot of static and both Farmer and Singleton sound muffled. I am hoping that it is only this way over the web, but who knows. It sucks when your favorite team switches to a crap radio station to broadcast games.

I must just be on the web. It comes in crystal clear for me. Much, much better than the AM 1000 signal which sometimes didn't come in at all.

Uncle_Patrick
03-29-2006, 11:57 AM

:?:

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
:?:

I foresee a minnie me, assrevolution and Horsemaster Fred "super team" being formed in the near future. Only these modern Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be able to defend the Sox honor and secure a bright future.

:D:

Baby Fisk
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I foresee a minnie me, assrevolution and Horsemaster Fred "super team" being formed in the near future. Only these modern Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be able to defend the Sox honor and secure a bright future.

:D:Prolly all the same person.

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Prolly all the same person.

It doesn't seem like it. I guess we should default to the mods and their IP address sniffing ways for confirmation.

Baby Fisk
03-29-2006, 12:07 PM
It doesn't seem like it. I guess we should default to the mods and their IP address sniffing ways for confirmation.
You'll never see them all in the same room at once.

SOXPHILE
03-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Prolly all the same person.

You mean like some sort of "Holy Trinity" ?

Uncle_Patrick
03-29-2006, 12:10 PM
You'll never see them all in the same room at once.

After Minnie Me's post about Ozuna not pitching, I thought that Minnie Me and Horsemaster Fred were one in the same. However, then I saw them both in the same thread at the same time, debunking that theory.

TaylorStSox
03-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Were they supposed to screen ppl first?

Entrants must prove they've been Sox fans for 20+ years and present proof they were raised in Bridgeport. :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
03-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Maybe I'm dating myself, but Minnie Me's reference to Lincoln Park and whole world is watching is from the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago.

The Yippies camped out in Lincoln Park and got booted out by the cops because you cannot camp there. When they had the big confrontation with the police later in the week at Michigan and Balbo outside the Hilton, they chanted "The whole world is watching!" because there were plenty of television cameras up and running.

How this ties into a Cub fan winning Sox ST's is not too clear to me......

Baby Fisk
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe I'm dating myself, but Minnie Me's reference to Lincoln Park and whole world is watching is from the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago.

That's what I thought it was referring to. Not sure about the media connection, but the thought processes at work are fascinating.

samram
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Were they supposed to screen ppl first?

Entrants must prove they've been Sox fans for 20+ years and present proof they were raised in Bridgeport. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really don't know what they could have done to confirm the person's fandom. Anyway, so what if he's a Cubs fan? He either sells them to a Sox fan/fans or he goes and either becomes a Sox fan or he gets heckled for being a Cub fan. Big deal.

Dick Allen
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't think so. North asked him if he was a Sox fan. He hesitated and then mumbled, "I'm a baseball fan." North then asked him if he's been to the park on the North Side and he said, "Yes." The winner didn't seem excited at all. The tickets will probably wind up on eBay.If the shmuck wasn't excited, then why the **** did he enter the contest? Did they give seat locations? He needs to be beaten.

DumpJerry
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
His beer money will be used to sign Buehrle at contract time. In fact, his beer money will be all that is needed by KW.

SoxFan78
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
If the shmuck wasn't excited, then why the **** did he enter the contest? Did they give seat locations? He needs to be beaten.

Sec. 544 Row 7. No seat locations though