PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on B & B

Jjav829
03-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Did anyone happen to catch Ozzie on the B & B show a little after 5:00? It was a great listen. Classic Ozzie stuff; very opinionated and very honest. I'm hoping they post it on 670thescore.com or at least replay it tomorrow because it is a great listen. Some of the stuff he talked about that I remember:

- Ozzie is rooting for Bonds to break the HR record because he believes it is good for baseball, but he doesn't really like Bonds. There was an intense discussion between Ozzie and B & B about this subject.

- The thing that really interested me was the Aaron Rowand stuff. B & B asked Ozzie about Everett's comments and Ozzie responded that Frank, Everett and Willie were not leaders at all. Ozzie says that everyone that is gone from last year's team is gone because the Sox didn't want them anymore....except one player. Rowand. He says they never wanted to get rid of Rowand and Ozzie admitted that he hasn't spoken to Rowand since the trade. Ozzie admitted that he hasn't had the guts to speak directly to Aaron and that he wouldn't know what to say. He did say that he speaks to Abreu every other day and always tells Abreu to "take care of my boy." It was a very interesting to hear Ozzie speak about Rowand. You can tell he misses Rowand.

- He addressed the Konerko captain situation by saying that he doesn't feel the captain needs to be a vocal eader. He is the vocal leader in the clubhouse. He named Konerko the captain because Konerko leads by example in the way that he does whatever Ozzie needs.

- Ozzie clarified the tie in the Cubs game, saying that in the 8th inning he signaled to Dusty and the umpires that he was only had enough pitchers to go one more inning. Ozzie felt that Dusty understood this initially and even when they met after the 9th. He also said the umpires knew right away when the 9th ended that the game was over because they started walking off. He seemed confused by how the story blew up.

He also spoke about how he struggles to talk to players when they are being sent down or traded, always asking Kenny to do it because he doesn't like to tell players that they are going to have to move to another city. He spoke candidly about Bonds, ripping him a bit even though he wants Bonds to break the record. I'll post if the Score puts the interview on their website or if I hear anything about them replaying it because I found it to be a very good interview.

goon
03-29-2006, 01:18 AM
thanks.

Sad
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Ozzie did say he had 1 kid in the bullpen that was going to the minors the next day & said he didn't want to use him & then send him to the minors...

MsSoxVixen22
03-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Did anyone happen to catch Ozzie on the B & B show a little after 5:00? It was a great listen. Classic Ozzie stuff; very opinionated and very honest. I'm hoping they post it on 670thescore.com or at least replay it tomorrow because it is a great listen. Some of the stuff he talked about that I remember:

- Ozzie is rooting for Bonds to break the HR record because he believes it is good for baseball, but he doesn't really like Bonds. There was an intense discussion between Ozzie and B & B about this subject.

- The thing that really interested me was the Aaron Rowand stuff. B & B asked Ozzie about Everett's comments and Ozzie responded that Frank, Everett and Willie were not leaders at all. Ozzie says that everyone that is gone from last year's team is gone because the Sox didn't want them anymore....except one player. Rowand. He says they never wanted to get rid of Rowand and Ozzie admitted that he hasn't spoken to Rowand since the trade. Ozzie admitted that he hasn't had the guts to speak directly to Aaron and that he wouldn't know what to say. He did say that he speaks to Abreu every other day and always tells Abreu to "take care of my boy." It was a very interesting to hear Ozzie speak about Rowand. You can tell he misses Rowand.

- He addressed the Konerko captain situation by saying that he doesn't feel the captain needs to be a vocal eader. He is the vocal leader in the clubhouse. He named Konerko the captain because Konerko leads by example in the way that he does whatever Ozzie needs.

- Ozzie clarified the tie in the Cubs game, saying that in the 8th inning he signaled to Dusty and the umpires that he was only had enough pitchers to go one more inning. Ozzie felt that Dusty understood this initially and even when they met after the 9th. He also said the umpires knew right away when the 9th ended that the game was over because they started walking off. He seemed confused by how the story blew up.

He also spoke about how he struggles to talk to players when they are being sent down or traded, always asking Kenny to do it because he doesn't like to tell players that they are going to have to move to another city. He spoke candidly about Bonds, ripping him a bit even though he wants Bonds to break the record. I'll post if the Score puts the interview on their website or if I hear anything about them replaying it because I found it to be a very good interview.

Hearing what Ozzie had to say about Aaron makes me miss him all that much more. I hope by some twist of fate we can get him back. Thanks for posting the interview!

HotelWhiteSox
03-29-2006, 06:02 PM
http://670thescore.com/includes/news_items/news_items_more.php?section_id=1&id=805