PDA

View Full Version : Sox World Series Items at Hall of Fame

scottjanssens
03-28-2006, 11:30 PM
This past weekend I went to Cooperstown to pay homage to the greats. I also went to see the World Series display, which was a bit underwhelming. Besides the items in the photos, they had the fleece worn by Ozzie after they won the Series (it still had the hologram sticker on the front), vials of dirt from the mound and batter's box from Game #3 at Minute Maid Park the first World Series game in Texas, and an Astros jersey (Bagwell I think, I didn't pay much attention). The photos aren't very good. There's no way to get decent photos with the glass and lighting and odd angles.

Photos (http://www.scottj.net/Sox)

I'm in the middle of migrating to a new host so I don't know when the rest of the photos of the rest of the museum will be up. For White Sox stuff, those include jerseys and gear belonging to Aparicio and Fox, plaques of all the inductees that ever played on the Sox, and a pinwheel from old Comiskey.

In two weeks I'll be in Kansas City visiting the Negro League Museum, but alas, they don't allow photography. And not by coincidence, the Sox will be in town :)

LuvSox
03-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Cool pics, thanks!

ChiSoxGirl
03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
This past weekend I went to Cooperstown to pay homage to the greats. I also went to see the World Series display, which was a bit underwhelming. Besides the items in the photos, they had the fleece worn by Ozzie after they won the Series (it still had the hologram sticker on the front), vials of dirt from the mound and batter's box from Game #3 at Minute Maid Park the first World Series game in Texas, and an Astros jersey (Bagwell I think, I didn't pay much attention). The photos aren't very good. There's no way to get decent photos with the glass and lighting and odd angles.

Photos (http://www.scottj.net/Sox)

I'm in the middle of migrating to a new host so I don't know when the rest of the photos of the rest of the museum will be up. For White Sox stuff, those include jerseys and gear belonging to Aparicio and Fox, plaques of all the inductees that ever played on the Sox, and a pinwheel from old Comiskey.

In two weeks I'll be in Kansas City visiting the Negro League Museum, but alas, they don't allow photography. And not by coincidence, the Sox will be in town :)

Those pictures are great and seeing them gave me chills!

Sox-on-TV44
03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Sweet!!!!!

Thanks for the pics!!!

Baby Fisk
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Awesome pix. Who is the man in the photo with Ozzie?

A list of items that went to the HOF appears at the end of the WS DVD.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the "final out" ball that Konerko gave to Reinsdorf at the rally? Is it on display right now, will it be on display during the season, or is Reinsdorf keeping it under lock and key?

Brian26
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
This past weekend I went to Cooperstown to pay homage to the greats. I also went to see the World Series display, which was a bit underwhelming.

Scott- Do they have one of those displays for every World Series, or just the most current one?

scottjanssens
03-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Scott- Do they have one of those displays for every World Series, or just the most current one?

Just the most recent Series. They do have a display of World Series rings (none for the Sox on display yet, dagnabbit!), and programs for just about every Series. I took a photo of the 1959 World Series program, but now I wish I'd taken a photo of the wall the programs covered. Most of the time I felt like a seven-year-old. I took just over 100 photos and I should have taken more. I really wish I'd taken a photo of Babe Ruth's bowling ball. The size of the finger holes has to be seen to be believed.

SOXPHILE
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I believe that is one Luis Aparicio in the picture with Ozzie.