PDA

View Full Version : sox of 2002

Nellie Comiskey
01-16-2002, 11:28 PM
we all have been through a lot of ups and downs...after such a memorable seasons in '83,'90,93,'00 - the following years('84,'91,'94,'01) we had high hopes and expected a world championship on the southside. Like '94, we're faced with major labor issuues in '02, however if we get this thing in it could be an exciting season from start to finish this year. Working with the Birmingham Barons for so many years I've seen numerous players come and go, however over the past 3 years there have been some studs play in AA. Young guys who have the heart and competitiveness of Fisk is Aaron Rowand and Joe Borchard. It will be interesting to see what a clean bill of health will be like for the numerous casualties lost in action last year. For the first time in some time pitching will be the Sox strength. From starting to middle relief to finishing...the Sox will be tuff. Crede will get a shot in the Spring, however they're not going to rush him...he's a great hitter and solid fielder. Another rookie brought up late in the season, Danny Wright, will be another good fit for this staff. 2002 will be an exciting team to watch, they'll be scrappy, aggressive and win a lot. Valentin and Thomas have the opportunity to be winners and lead these kids to a championship.

Chisox_cali
01-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by jonathan nelson
we all have been through a lot of ups and downs...after such a memorable seasons in '83,'90,93,'00 - the following years('84,'91,'94,'01) we had high hopes and expected a world championship on the southside. Like '94, we're faced with major labor issuues in '02, however if we get this thing in it could be an exciting season from start to finish this year. Working with the Birmingham Barons for so many years I've seen numerous players come and go, however over the past 3 years there have been some studs play in AA. Young guys who have the heart and competitiveness of Fisk is Aaron Rowand and Joe Borchard. It will be interesting to see what a clean bill of health will be like for the numerous casualties lost in action last year. For the first time in some time pitching will be the Sox strength. From starting to middle relief to finishing...the Sox will be tuff. Crede will get a shot in the Spring, however they're not going to rush him...he's a great hitter and solid fielder. Another rookie brought up late in the season, Danny Wright, will be another good fit for this staff. 2002 will be an exciting team to watch, they'll be scrappy, aggressive and win a lot. Valentin and Thomas have the opportunity to be winners and lead these kids to a championship.

Wow a man on the inside! :smile: Welcome aboard :gulp:

WinningUgly!
01-16-2002, 11:37 PM
Welcome aboard jo-nel!

I hope Crede gets a real shot at the 3rd base job. I don't like the idea of him being a part time majorleaguer, watching or platooning with Valentin. I want to see Joe at 3b everyday. The guy has all the tools, he needs the chance to use them.

nut_stock
01-16-2002, 11:39 PM
For the first time in some time pitching will be the Sox strength. From starting to middle relief to finishing...the Sox will be tuff.

It's interesting that you say the Sox strength will be the pitching when were probably gonna have an offense similar to that of 2000.

Jerry_Manuel
01-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
It's interesting that you say the Sox strength will be the pitching when were probably gonna have an offense similar to that of 2000.

For that to happen Ray Durham will have to remove his head from his ass.

WinningUgly!
01-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:herm :ray
"We're working on it!"

RichH55
01-17-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Perfect time for a contract year eh? And Erstad isnt completely out of the picture yet

RichH55
01-17-2002, 02:02 AM
And Welcome to ya Jonathan...always nice to have optimists! :gulp: :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
01-17-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
And Welcome to ya Jonathan...always nice to have optimists! :gulp: :gulp:

I like the fact that we have a ton of new guys here, but no reason to be optimistic.

RedPinStripes
01-17-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Welcome aboard jo-nel!

I hope Crede gets a real shot at the 3rd base job. I don't like the idea of him being a part time majorleaguer, watching or platooning with Valentin. I want to see Joe at 3b everyday. The guy has all the tools, he needs the chance to use them.

Well said! :gulp:

guillen4life13
01-19-2002, 12:07 AM
nice to have you.

If you're still on the inside, do you have enough authority to relay the ideas you read on these boards to Kenny himself?

As you read these posts, pretty much everyone thinks he could be doing a much better job. I am no exception, although he could have done worse.

If the White Sox organization cares so much about fan satisfaction, maybe they should see what the fans think they should do and think about them, seriously. Some of the ideas I've seen on this board have been pretty logical.

BTW, I think I've figured out a good signature for myself. Give me some input on it. I'll use it for my next post.

Vsahajpal
01-19-2002, 01:56 AM
Crede will get a shot in the Spring, however they're not going to rush him...he's a great hitter and solid fielder.

I don't understand this. They will give him the job, with Perry gone and no other viable option at 3b. If he struggles, the Sox will ride it out. He's a slow starter, and once he gets the lay of the land, he'll hit. Considering he was drafted 6 years ago, I'm not exactly sure how they'd be rushing him.

RichH55
01-19-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I don't understand this. They will give him the job, with Perry gone and no other viable option at 3b. If he struggles, the Sox will ride it out. He's a slow starter, and once he gets the lay of the land, he'll hit. Considering he was drafted 6 years ago, I'm not exactly sure how they'd be rushing him.
They have an unknown fetish for playing Royce....Jose at SS at Joe at 3B is the better option IMO as I have stated many times....give Joe the shot at least you will know what you have with him and Royce is gone after this year regardless, so find out now if Joe is the goods when you have other options rather than painting yourself into a corner

Jerry_Manuel
01-19-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Not the case Vic. Clayton will be at short and Jose will man 3rd base. Straight from Kenny Willliams mouth.