PDA

View Full Version : Gaffeanino returns to Royals

palehozenychicty
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Wonder why the Cards didn't make an offer. Spivey has looked terrible, according to redbirds' people.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2387557

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
i think the royals had the first spot on the waiver wire.

palehozenychicty
03-28-2006, 03:34 PM
i think the royals had the first spot on the waiver wire.

Aahhh..I got you.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 03:55 PM
on another note- i struck out on foul balls in my softball league the other day. i was so upset by it that i actually contemplated leaving the league(little over the top, i know).

can you imagine letting a ball roll through your legs in the playoffs?!

that's got to put a damper on your career.

Baby Fisk
03-28-2006, 03:58 PM

In Chicago and Boston, that's all he's ever going to be known for. As soon as he bucknered that ball, his fate was sealed.

Slats
03-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Some network really needs to do a reality show with Graffanino, Buckner and Bartman all living in the same house.

Banix12
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Now comes the fun of seeing where the Royals trade him this trading deadline.

chisoxfanatic
03-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Now comes the fun of seeing where the Royals trade him this trading deadline.

Coming from the commissioner's office, may it be known that the New York Yankees have traded CF Johnny Damon to Kansas City for Tony Graffanino in order to re-gain a part of their home-grown talent.

RichFitztightly
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
on another note- i struck out on foul balls in my softball league the other day. i was so upset by it that i actually contemplated leaving the league(little over the top, i know).

HaHa, I did the same thing one day. I'm sure my foul out was worse as it was a little dinker that hit the ground 3 feet from the plate and spun foul. However, I made up for it by scoring from second to win the game in extra innings after the following batter hit a double and I pinch ran for him as I'm much faster.

Chisox003
03-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I've never seen his name butchered as badly as it is in this thread's title.

That's not even close. :cool:

Foulke You
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Wonder why the Cards didn't make an offer. Spivey has looked terrible, according to redbirds' people.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2387557
Wonderful, now Graff is back in the AL Central.:(: It's never a good thing when a .300 hitter rejoins a division rival. Oh well. Y'know, position player wise, the Royals have improved themselves this offseason. Graff, Mark Grudzielanek, Reggie Sanders, Doug Mientkiewicz join Matt Stairs and Mike Sweeney. That's a lot more veteran talent than the AAAA version of the Royals we faced last year. Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, and Joe Mays will anchor an improved rotation. The Royals will still probably finish in last place but I don't think they will be the pushovers they were last year. Definitely not a 100 loss team anymore.

SOXintheBURGH
03-28-2006, 10:04 PM

Gaffe-anino.

Get it?

Gaffe? Error? Tadahito Iguchi off David Whales?

Brian26
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Wonderful, now Graff is back in the AL Central.:(: It's never a good thing when a .300 hitter rejoins a division rival. Oh well. Y'know, position player wise, the Royals have improved themselves this offseason. Graff, Mark Grudzielanek, Reggie Sanders, Doug Mientkiewicz join Matt Stairs and Mike Sweeney. That's a lot more veteran talent than the AAAA version of the Royals we faced last year. Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, and Joe Mays will anchor an improved rotation. The Royals will still probably finish in last place but I don't think they will be the pushovers they were last year. Definitely not a 100 loss team anymore.

The biggest change on the Royals will be their improved defense, especially on the right side of the infield. That pitching is still really bad though. You're right, it's not a 100 loss team, but it may still be a 90 loss team.

Banix12
03-28-2006, 10:37 PM

Even though they mostly lost I thought they played the white sox very tough last season. A lot of very close games.

Anyway, within two months most of those guys are probably on the DL.

palehozenychicty
03-29-2006, 09:10 AM

No worries. it was by design. :D: