PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cubs? Pshaw!

mccoydp
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
God help me please, what is the media's incessant fascination with the Cubs? Why would anyone think they have a shot at going to the World Series, unless they were heavily sedated and/or drugged?

Linky: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11934502/

I hate to keep adding to the long list of Sox-Cubs threads, but this one made me want to throw up.

Dan Mega
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
He is basically saying the Sox have as good a chance as anyone to repeat, the Cubs have tons of question marks, and he would lose to see a Cubs/Sox World Series. I don't think its Flubsession, just a baseball fan thinking a World Series between the 2 teams would be aweseome- which it would be (since the Sox would win).

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Im sick of the Chicago Media/National Media .............

ESPN hilites? Dodgers vs Mets hilites. Go to Cubs/SOx hilites ........
then a special piece on the Cubs from Mesa AZ and talking to their "fans"
about how they can make it to the World Series. Then Jim Caple the buffoon goes right to doing a story on the majesty that is the Yankees.
Who keeps putting Cubs and yankees in the same breath?

MarySwiss
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM

about how they can make it to the World Series. Then Jim Caple the buffoon goes right to doing a story on the majesty that is the Yankees.

Ya'know what, Hangar? I love and deeply respect your loyalty to the Sox. And I too cannot stand the Cubs. But what the hell do you expect Cub fans in Mesa to say?

And as far as the Yankees thing goes, here's how I come to terms with that. I just picture all the ESPN buffoons standing (in their underpants) in front of a large statue of Steinbrenner and singing (all together now):

And I-I-I-I-I
Will always love you-oo-oo-oo-I
Will always love you!

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

AuroraSoxFan
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Not the worst article I have seen, but you can tell the guy was/is a Cubs fan to some extent. funniest was when he said Hendry "gave up" on the chase for Furcal. He didn't give up, he LOST!

AuroraSoxFan
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I also loved the bit where he said the Cubs almost won it all in 2003. Shouldn't you get to the WS at least before saying you almost won it all?

TaylorStSox
03-29-2006, 01:36 PM

I think 26 or so World Championships will do that. The Yankees probably do really deserve the pub. If everything goes right for the Cubs, there's no reason they can't compete. That's a big IF though.

Minnie Me
03-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I think 26 or so World Championships will do that. The Yankees probably do really deserve the pub. If everything goes right for the Cubs, there's no reason they can't compete. That's a big IF though.
Never Bet Against The Yankees

One day I saw a poor man weepingHe put a pistol to his headAnd as he squeezed the triggerThese are the final words he said:Oh it's never bet against the YankeesDon't put your money on the line'Cause if you bet against the YankeesThey'll take you most every single timeYes, there's Mickey Mantle in the outfieldWith Maris there they are the best of allThey swing as hard as Sonny ListonBut the trouble is they rarely hit the ballSo it's never bet against the Yankees, etc.One day they met the Pittsburgh PiratesThose games were seen in every landThose Yankees broke every single recordWhile the Pirates broke every Yankee fanSo it's never bet against the Yankees, etc.And then they met the LA DodgersThose four games ended mighty soonNow it's Koufax and Podres and DrysdaleThey sit home now a-singin' on this tuneThey sing never bet against the Yankees, etc

palehozenychicty
03-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I also loved the bit where he said the Cubs almost won it all in 2003. Shouldn't you get to the WS at least before saying you almost won it all?

I thought the same thing. They would've lost to the yankees anyway in the WS that year.