PDA

View Full Version : Jenks' McDonalds commercial

soxstarter
03-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Has anyone caught this one. It features some guy giving his "Flubs fan" roomate a wakeup call with Jenks throwing what looks like McDonald's breakfast sandwiches at him???

Kinda strange...

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
They have the same one with Juan Pierre. Just one of those cookie-cutter city rivalry things... I wouldn't be surprised if they had a NYY/Boston one and a handful of others.

That being said - yeah, I don't really get it either. I guess they're waking up the fans of the rival team?

Edward
03-28-2006, 03:13 PM
They do have similar ones in the NY/Boston area, when you watch mlb.tv they show all the local commercials for the area. I remember one with Torre eating some Subway sandwich that is only available in NY, kind of interesting to watch.

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 03:14 PM
They do have similar ones in the NY/Boston area, when you watch mlb.tv they show all the local commercials for the area. I remember one with Torre eating some Subway sandwich that is only available in NY, kind of interesting to watch.Yeah, that one's dumb. Torre's giving a press conference and Willie Randolph interrupts it because he's eating a cold cut combo or something like that.

These advertising guys are geniuses. :rolleyes: :smile:

daveeym
03-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I believe Jenks is throwing rolled up Socks/Sox from the guy's laundry.

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I believe Jenks is throwing rolled up Socks/Sox from the guy's laundry.I thought it was Sausage McMuffins. But maybe that's just because I can picture Jenks throwing breakfast sandwiches at innocent bystanders for no apparent reason...

seventyseven
03-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah, that one's dumb. Torre's giving a press conference and Willie Randolph interrupts it because he's eating a cold cut combo or something like that.

These advertising guys are geniuses. :rolleyes: :smile:

They have a new Subway commercial now in NY. Randolph still won't give Torre the sandwich. Brilliant.

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
They have a new Subway commercial now in NY. Randolph still won't give Torre the sandwich. Brilliant.Right now, two ad-execs are high-fiving in a strip club because of that great idea...

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Right now, two ad-execs are high-fiving in a strip club because of that great idea...

Especially since it is a re-hash from the 2004 Ozzie/Dusty Subway sandwich caper.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
I thought it was Sausage McMuffins. But maybe that's just because I can picture Jenks throwing breakfast sandwiches at innocent bystanders for no apparent reason...They show him holding sandwiches at the very beginning and that's what I though at first. But they then show him pulling socks out of a laundry basket at the foot of the bed. Those sandwiches are heavy, so my first thought was, "damn, that would hurt."

Sox83Kid
03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
I thought it was Sausage McMuffins. But maybe that's just because I can picture Jenks throwing breakfast sandwiches at innocent bystanders for no apparent reason...

That would have been much more effective! :D:

Can't wait to get my replica World Series ring on 4/4! :bandance:

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
They show him holding sandwiches at the very beginning and that's what I though at first. But they then show him pulling socks out of a laundry basket at the foot of the bed. Those sandwiches are heavy, so my first thought was, "damn, that would hurt."Yep, I'm guessing there's nothing like processed meat on an english muffin coming at your head 100 mph to scare the living **** out of you...

Baby Fisk
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, that one's dumb. Torre's giving a press conference and Willie Randolph interrupts it because he's eating a cold cut combo or something like that.

It was a commercial for Subway and Randolph was giving a press conference. The reporters kept asking questions about a sub that was sitting on top of the podium. "Hey, does that sub have extra cheese?" "What kind of sauce is on it?" etc. Randolph gets flustered, finally demanding "Does anyone have any questions about ME?" Torre suddenly appears, and says "I do. You gonna finish that?" It was amusing the first 300 times, then it got kind of lame.

StepsInSC
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I thought it was Sausage McMuffins. But maybe that's just because I can picture Jenks throwing breakfast sandwiches at innocent bystanders for no apparent reason...

Hmm. I'm not convinced Jenks has ever discarded any amount or form of breakfast meat which he has ever encountered in his lifetime.

ws05champs
03-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I think Coop and Ozzie would rather see him do an ad for Jenny Craig.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Especially since it is a re-hash from the 2004 Ozzie/Dusty Subway sandwich caper.

They actually had "count updates" of which was the more popular sandwhich on the radio.

soxfanreggie
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I wonder how many free extra value meals Jenks got for doing this commercial...gotta be in the thousands!

gosox3072
03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Has anyone caught this one. It features some guy giving his "Flubs fan" roomate a wakeup call with Jenks throwing what looks like McDonald's breakfast sandwiches at him???

Kinda strange...

I wonder if after each take of the commercial if Bobby asked to eat the Sausage mcmuffin?

LuvSox
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I got a chuckle out of it, Jenks yelling "Sox Rule!" as he runs out of the place.

Can't wait for the Cheap Trick version.

goon
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
I got a chuckle out of it, Jenks yelling "Sox Rule!" as he runs out of the place.

that was the one saving grace of this commercial, i had a good laugh.

WikdChiSoxFan
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
if only twoxfour could market everything!!!

(although, then I'd be spending way to much money and eating crap everyday.)

thomas35forever
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Just saw it for the first time. Pretty hilarious.

Unregistered
03-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Can't wait for the Cheap Trick version.Juan Pierre yells "Go Cubs!" in theirs...

mweflen
03-29-2006, 12:10 AM
They have a new Subway commercial now in NY. Randolph still won't give Torre the sandwich. Brilliant.:tealpolice:
welcome aboard :smile:

IlliniSox4Life
03-29-2006, 03:06 AM
:tealpolice:
welcome aboard :smile:
As I was reading this thread, I was just waiting for that. I wonder what took so long for someone to bust it out.