PDA

View Full Version : Big Unit = Big Turd?

JackParkman
03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit1.html)

Big Unit Gets Stingy With Love Child

Randy Johnson seeking rebate for "secret" daughter's child support

MARCH 27--Sure, Randy Johnson may earn $16 million annually pitching for the New York Yankees, but that hasn't stopped the baseball star from trying to legally nickel and dime a woman with whom he had a "secret" child out of wedlock.
The All-Star athlete, 42, last month filed a court petition--a copy of which you'll find below--seeking a rebate for $750-a-month day care payments he has provided over the past eight years to the mother of the pair's 16-year-old daughter.
The child was born in September 1989, but it wasn't until nearly nine years later that Johnson and Laurel Roszell, 46, entered into a custody/support agreement and the so-called Big Unit began making payments.
In an interview, Roszell told TSG that she chose not to seek financial support until 1997 and that Johnson has met their daughter once, while she was still hospitalized following her birth. Asked if Johnson, whom she lived with early in his Major League career, has ever acknowledged their daughter, Roszell replied, "Nope. Nothing. Never."
She added that she broke up with Johnson midway through her pregnancy and that the girl was the star's "dark little secret."
In addition to $5000 monthly in child support, Johnson agreed to pay $750-a-month to cover a portion of Roszell's day care expenses, according to an April 1998 California court agreement (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit4.html) governing custody and support matters.
In a February 7 motion filed in Washington's Island County Superior Court, Johnson demands the return of all 95 months worth of those day care payments, or $71,250 (plus $26,148.52 in interest).

pythons007
03-28-2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit1.html)

Big Unit Gets Stingy With Love Child

Randy Johnson seeking rebate for "secret" daughter's child support

MARCH 27--Sure, Randy Johnson may earn $16 million annually pitching for the New York Yankees, but that hasn't stopped the baseball star from trying to legally nickel and dime a woman with whom he had a "secret" child out of wedlock.
The All-Star athlete, 42, last month filed a court petition--a copy of which you'll find below--seeking a rebate for $750-a-month day care payments he has provided over the past eight years to the mother of the pair's 16-year-old daughter.
The child was born in September 1989, but it wasn't until nearly nine years later that Johnson and Laurel Roszell, 46, entered into a custody/support agreement and the so-called Big Unit began making payments.
In an interview, Roszell told TSG that she chose not to seek financial support until 1997 and that Johnson has met their daughter once, while she was still hospitalized following her birth. Asked if Johnson, whom she lived with early in his Major League career, has ever acknowledged their daughter, Roszell replied, "Nope. Nothing. Never."
She added that she broke up with Johnson midway through her pregnancy and that the girl was the star's "dark little secret."
In addition to $5000 monthly in child support, Johnson agreed to pay $750-a-month to cover a portion of Roszell's day care expenses, according to an April 1998 California court agreement (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0327063bigunit4.html) governing custody and support matters.
In a February 7 motion filed in Washington's Island County Superior Court, Johnson demands the return of all 95 months worth of those day care payments, or $71,250 (plus $26,148.52 in interest).

What an *******! 5 grand is like pocket money to this assclown! Pay the money you bastard!

SOXPHILE
03-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Looks like Randy went to the Larry Bird school of behavior.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 01:27 PM
What an *******! 5 grand is like pocket money to this assclown! Pay the money you bastard!Uhm he's not asking for that money back. Looks to me like she probably never sent the kid to daycare so he wants that $750 a month back. She can't raise the rugrat on the other $60,000 a year he gives her?

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Uhm he's not asking for that money back. Looks to me like she probably never sent the kid to daycare so he wants that $750 a month back. She can't raise the rugrat on the other $60,000 a year he gives her?

What about the first 8 years when he paid nothing ! The guy is a scumbag ! Pay up you cheap deadbeat. What an ass.

MikeLove
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
im sure the lady is a crazy b....

broke up with him while she was pregnant etc....

daveeym
03-28-2006, 01:48 PM
What about the first 8 years when he paid nothing ! The guy is a scumbag ! Pay up you cheap deadbeat. What an ass. My bad, the almost 600k he's paid since, and isn't contesting, must be hell for the kid to live off of. And as far as we know Mike Love (above poster) might be on the money and she didn't want anything do with randy or his money until, hmmm, '97 when he actually started rolling in the dough.

palehozenychicty
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
What's even sadder is that the Big Unit story reach the front of today's Daily News. The FRONT. The Rangers come back from 3 goals down yesterday at the Garden and can't get the back page, from either of the trash dailies. It's all about the Mannings, overhyped Eli and choker Peyton. Shocker. :angry: .

www.nypost.com (http://www.nypost.com)

www.nydailynews.com (http://www.nydailynews.com)

Fuller_Schettman
03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
That is why he is The Pride of Livermore.

All of us Livermorons should be proud!!!

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
My bad, the almost 600k he's paid since, and isn't contesting, must be hell for the kid to live off of. And as far as we know Mike Love (above poster) might be on the money and she didn't want anything do with randy or his money until, hmmm, '97 when he actually started rolling in the dough.

yes, because i know that if i had a choice, i'd much rather live the lavish lifestyle of 60k a year than have a relationship with my dad.

Horsemaster Fred
03-28-2006, 02:49 PM
The fact is that concurrent with research published in Charles Levy’s “Freakonomics” so-called “secret children” almost invariably grow up to be Secret Agents. Johnson should learn to respect those Halflings which may indeed grow up to one day decide his fate when he is merely a six-foot-eight zucchini riding in a lawnmower. Read it and Weep.

*plays Alice iN Chains “Angry Chair” on the guitar*

daveeym
03-28-2006, 02:51 PM
yes, because i know that if i had a choice, i'd much rather live the lavish lifestyle of 60k a year than have a relationship with my dad. I'll refer you to Mike Love's post as being a possibility and direct you to horsemaster's post.

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
My bad, the almost 600k he's paid since, and isn't contesting, must be hell for the kid to live off of. And as far as we know Mike Love (above poster) might be on the money and she didn't want anything do with randy or his money until, hmmm, '97 when he actually started rolling in the dough.

He only pulled in a little more than $18 million from 1989-1996. Since then he has been paid $110 million so far. $60k a year is nothing. Randy Johnson is a known ass, and he proves it everyday. He should do right for his child, not cause his mother more grief. $60k a year + the day care allowance after several years of nothing is getting off cheap from ditching his responsibilities.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
He only pulled in a little more than $18 million from 1989-1996. Since then he has been paid $110 million so far. $60k a year is nothing. Randy Johnson is a known ass, and he proves it everyday. He should do right for his child, not cause his mother more grief. $60k a year + the day care allowance after several years of nothing is getting off cheap from ditching his responsibilities. My bad you must be the kid's godfather then? I love how it's the automatic response to rip on the father and/or athletes when you don't know anything about the situation and probably didn't even read the documents. That's all I'm saying. He very well may be the ass in the situation but there's nothing there to show it. In all likelihood the mother told him to piss off and wouldn't except any money until he struck it rich then decided to sue his ass for every cent she could get. Yet that make's him the ass. If you read the documents he's paid almost $600k (including back payments) has a minimum of $250k in a college fund for the kid and contesting payments made for daycare unless proof of daycare is shown. The kid's 16 so the kid hasn't been in daycare for years. Yet it's rip the athlete when the mom has probably put less then $100k of that $600k (oh yeah tax free $600k) to the welfare of that kid. He's given that kid nearly $1 million dollars and the possibility of anything else that may have been given that's not in the custody agreement.

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 03:27 PM
My bad you must be the kid's godfather then? I love how it's the automatic response to rip on the father and/or athletes when you don't know anything about the situation and probably didn't even read the documents. That's all I'm saying. He very well may be the ass in the situation but there's nothing there to show it. In all likelihood the mother told him to piss off and wouldn't except any money until he struck it rich then decided to sue his ass for every cent she could get. Yet that make's him the ass. If you read the documents he's paid almost $600k (including back payments) has a minimum of $250k in a college fund for the kid and contesting payments made for daycare unless proof of daycare is shown. The kid's 16 so the kid hasn't been in daycare for years. Yet it's rip the athlete when the mom has probably put less then $100k of that $600k (oh yeah tax free $600k) to the welfare of that kid. He's given that kid nearly $1 million dollars and the possibility of anything else that may have been given that's not in the custody agreement.

He already had struck it rich. I think a guy who becomes a father and takes no responsibility for 6 years, not even trying to contact said child, then pays the mother a year what he approximately makes in one day is being ridiculous asking for money back. And its interesting that you seem to know how much the mother has put towards the welfare of the kid, He was being paid more than $6 million a year when he impregnated the woman. Considering the kid is 16 years old and he hasn't put $1 million of the $127+ million he has made not including outside income towards the welfare of the kid, I'm sorry , I come to conclusion that he is being an ass asking for money back plus interest, not to mention not trying to be a father to the kid. $60k a year is not a lot of money, and its pocket change to Randy Johnson. The money issue makes him an ass to me, and not trying to be a part of his child's life makes him even a bigger one.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
My bad you must be the kid's godfather then? I love how it's the automatic response to rip on the father and/or athletes when you don't know anything about the situation and probably didn't even read the documents. That's all I'm saying. He very well may be the ass in the situation but there's nothing there to show it. In all likelihood the mother told him to piss off and wouldn't except any money until he struck it rich then decided to sue his ass for every cent she could get. Yet that make's him the ass. If you read the documents he's paid almost $600k (including back payments) has a minimum of $250k in a college fund for the kid and contesting payments made for daycare unless proof of daycare is shown. The kid's 16 so the kid hasn't been in daycare for years. Yet it's rip the athlete when the mom has probably put less then $100k of that $600k (oh yeah tax free $600k) to the welfare of that kid. He's given that kid nearly $1 million dollars and the possibility of anything else that may have been given that's not in the custody agreement.

i'm sorry, but your argument that randy johnson has the ability to forego his fatherly duties because he has made minimal child support payments is not a good one.

neither parent made a smart decision here, but they both have to live with what they did. the least randy could do is try to ensure that his daughter has a decent life. you know, call her once in a while.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
i'm sorry, but your argument that randy johnson has the ability to forego his fatherly duties because he has made minimal child support payments is not a good one.

neither parent made a smart decision here, but they both have to live with what they did. the least randy could do is try to ensure that his daughter has a decent life. you know, call her once in a while.

Who knows what his involvement is or whether the mother wants or even allows any contact.

I am not making judgment on either party (mother or father) because we don't have the facts outside of the financial ones (if the article is correct) and hundreds of thousands of $s over the years seems more than reasonable. We don't know what the personal issues are - there are two sides to every story. I do agree it would have been good if Randy did make an effort with his daughter - something we cannot determine at this point. The mother has full custody and it is up to her what, if any, involvement he would have.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM

neither parent made a smart decision here, but they both have to live with what they did. the least randy could do is try to ensure that his daughter has a decent life. you know, call her once in a while. How do you know if that's even possible? That's all my point is. The mom broke it off while she was pregnant, that's known. So that's Randy's fault and he's automatically the jag bag here? That's all I'm saying.

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
How do you know if that's even possible? That's all my point is. The mom broke it off while she was pregnant, that's known. So that's Randy's fault and he's automatically the jag bag here? That's all I'm saying.
She seems a little taken aback that Johnson has not tried to contact his child. He was at the hospital after the birth, correct? Most likely, if Johnson were to win this judgement, it would affect the child he has had no contact with. This is money Johnson will never even need, he's just being an ass. He's married now, I don't know if he has children, but if he does, I guarantee there is more than $60,000 a year being spent and/or invested for them a year, not to mention the even more important parental involvement. What's the difference, they all would be his children.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 03:45 PM
He already had struck it rich. I think a guy who becomes a father and takes no responsibility for 6 years, not even trying to contact said child, then pays the mother a year what he approximately makes in one day is being ridiculous asking for money back. And its interesting that you seem to know how much the mother has put towards the welfare of the kid, He was being paid more than $6 million a year when he impregnated the woman. Considering the kid is 16 years old and he hasn't put $1 million of the $127+ million he has made not including outside income towards the welfare of the kid, I'm sorry , I come to conclusion that he is being an ass asking for money back plus interest, not to mention not trying to be a father to the kid. $60k a year is not a lot of money, and its pocket change to Randy Johnson. The money issue makes him an ass to me, and not trying to be a part of his child's life makes him even a bigger one.What article are you reading. The kid was born in 1989 in his ROOKIE season. There's no way he was making $6 million a year back then. What world do you live in that $60k is not alot of money? Probably 75% of american children are raised on less than that for 5 years let alone 1 year. The welfare of the kid has more than been taken care of, at least for the last 9 years. Whether he's picked up a phone or visited the kid is irrelevant and there's not enough info to even tell if the option was given to him or not. The only info given is that the MOM ended the relationship while pregnant. Seems to be the Mom didn't want to let him have anything to do with the kid till RJ rung the bell.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 03:53 PM
we don't have the facts.

best. point. ever. let's stop arguing. i was going off the article where it seems like the wife says that randy has made no effort at contact. but what the hell do i know?

sorry for engaging. completely separate from randy johnson-- my only point is that if i had to choose between 60k a year and having a good dad, i'd choose the good dad.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 04:01 PM
best. point. ever. let's stop arguing. i was going off the article where it seems like the wife says that randy has made no effort at contact. but what the hell do i know?

sorry for engaging. completely separate from randy johnson-- my only point is that if i had to choose between 60k a year and having a good dad, i'd choose the good dad. And I'd agree with you. My whole point started with how it's bull**** how men immediately are demonized and then when you add an athlete into it it's 10 times as bad. There's no facts there other than the mom broke off the relationship while pregnant, RJ has not been involved on a personal level and since then RJ has supported the kid and provided for it's future to the tune of $1 million dollars (after taxes). The money he's contesting is daycare money the mother gets for daycare expenses that it appears she never incurred and seperate from that other $1 million. Randy wants bills to prove it or the money back.

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
What article are you reading. The kid was born in 1989 in his ROOKIE season. There's no way he was making $6 million a year back then. What world do you live in that $60k is not alot of money? Probably 75% of american children are raised on less than that for 5 years let alone 1 year. The welfare of the kid has more than been taken care of, at least for the last 9 years. Whether he's picked up a phone or visited the kid is irrelevant and there's not enough info to even tell if the option was given to him or not. The only info given is that the MOM ended the relationship while pregnant. Seems to be the Mom didn't want to let him have anything to do with the kid till RJ rung the bell.

You said she didn't ask for anything until he started making big money. I stand corrected. He made over $18 million at the time she asked for money. He was making $6 million the year before she asked for money, I was just trying to point out he already was rolling in the money before she asked, and considering he has made over $127 million during his career with a lot more coming, the money he has given his secret daughter is minimal. I live in the same world you live in. $60k is not a lot of money. You obviously don't have children if you think you can raise on on $12k a year. Picking up a phone or visiting the kid is relevant. He's its father. Think about what you are saying. The mother didn't want anything until Johnson made a lot of money. What if he didn't make anything, he came close to being a bust? If she was just after his money, why did she wait until AFTER he made $18 million before asking for more money? And if she really was vindictive she certainly could have gotten more and made the situation very ugly. Now everything would be fine, the mother didn't bring this suit the Big Ass did. He wants his $71,000, or a little more than he makes in one day.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
You said she didn't ask for anything until he started making big money. I stand corrected. He made over $18 million at the time she asked for money. He was making $6 million the year before she asked for money, I was just trying to point out he already was rolling in the money before she asked, and considering he has made over $127 million during his career with a lot more coming, the money he has given his secret daughter is minimal. I live in the same world you live in. $60k is not a lot of money. You obviously don't have children if you think you can raise on on $12k a year. Picking up a phone or visiting the kid is relevant. He's its father. Think about what you are saying. The mother didn't want anything until Johnson made a lot of money. What if he didn't make anything, he came close to being a bust? If she was just after his money, why did she wait until AFTER he made $18 million before asking for more money? And if she really was vindictive she certainly could have gotten more and made the situation very ugly. Now everything would be fine, the mother didn't bring this suit the Big Ass did. He wants his $71,000, or a little more than he makes in one day. I guess no families have kids on 100k a year. Because that's 60k after taxes the kid gets. That's a hell of alot more than families of 5 live off of. So yes it is a lot of money. Are you living off the Michael Jackson financial plan or something?

His fatherly interactions are irrelevant because there's not enough info on what the PERSONAL situation is between the mom and RJ. He's supported the kid to the tune of $1million after tax dollars. That's a lot of money and that's the facts as it stands.

TornLabrum
03-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Interesting that some think that $60K isn't a lot of money to raise a kid. I raised one where our greatest annual family income during the time he was a minor was in the neighborhood of $35K.

Now when it's Randy Johnson, $60K isn't a whole lot, but you can provide very well for a kid on that kind of money.

1951Campbell
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
As someone who does family law, I can tell you what usually happens when a non-custodial parent is in the office and safely ensconsed in good old attorney/client privilege: they want to pay as little as possible. Even if they sleep on piles of gold like Scrooge McDuck, $500 is just "outrageous." "How can a kid cost that much for the custodial parent? I mean, I have the kid a whole 20 days a year!"

Conversely, I can tell you what usually happens when a custodial parent is in the office and safely ensconsed in good old attorney/client privilege: suddenly, $150,000 a year would not even be enough for junior, junior should never, ever be allowed to see evil custodial parent, and custodial parent should be allowed to tell junior that non-custodial parent molests collies.

RJ and his baby's mama aren't that different than any other couple that have broken up.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 04:41 PM
As someone who does family law, I can tell you what usually happens when a non-custodial parent is in the office and safely ensconsed in good old attorney/client privilege: they want to pay as little as possible. Even if they sleep on piles of gold like Scrooge McDuck, $500 is just "outrageous." "How can a kid cost that much for the custodial parent? I mean, I have the kid a whole 20 days a year!"

Conversely, I can tell you what usually happens when a custodial parent is in the office and safely ensconsed in good old attorney/client privilege: suddenly, $150,000 a year would not even be enough for junior, junior should never, ever be allowed to see evil custodial parent, and custodial parent should be allowed to tell junior that non-custodial parent molests collies.

RJ and his baby's mama aren't that different than any other couple that have broken up. And all the while junior is over there cutting the cords on my computer, ripping the pages out my various legal tomes and pouring water on the telephone.

1951Campbell
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
And all the while junior is over there cutting the cords on my computer, ripping the pages out my various legal tomes and pouring water on the telephone.

If you come in with a kid in tow, you don't pass go, you go directly to the conference room. That's my rule. :D:

JackParkman
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
The real outrage isn't the financial aspect - though Randy is apparently a cheap SOB - but the guy's complete abrogation of fatherly duties. The guy has a 16-year-old child with whom he's had virtually no contact and, by all appearances, wants no contact. That, ladies and gentlemen, makes someone a slimeball regardless of their tax bracket.

And please, let's not hear anyone rushing to his defense with claims that maybe the mom won't let him have contact. Bull. If he wanted it, he would get it because he's legally entitled to it. And I'm pretty sure Randy can afford an attorney to get it for him if he so desired. Obviously he does not. Pure class, that guy.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
let's be honest. regardless of this story, randy johnson is a total redneck. :redneck

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Interesting that some think that $60K isn't a lot of money to raise a kid. I raised one where our greatest annual family income during the time he was a minor was in the neighborhood of $35K.

Now when it's Randy Johnson, $60K isn't a whole lot, but you can provide very well for a kid on that kind of money.
Considering Johnson makes $16 million at least, his $60000 percentage-wise is about the same at $131 would be to $35K. $60,000 a year certainly isn't the kind of money you can live as extravagantly as say, Randy Johnson does, and she isn't complaining about that. I found out Johnson has at least 4 other children. I would be willing to bet those 4 get a lot more than even the $69000 that Johnson alledgedly sends for his love child. I would think if he were a decent father, he would treat all his children equally. Johnson is whining about the extra $9k a year he paid for day care. I am not an attorney, but I believe if she wanted to, she most likely could have gotten a heck of a lot more money out of him than she did. As I posted and others have posted, the bigger crime is his refusal to be the child's father. One thing we can all agree on however, is no matter what the mother looks like, I'm sure we all hope the child looks more like her. :D:

daveeym
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
let's be honest. regardless of this story, randy johnson is a total redneck. :redneck
Yes and....

One thing we can all agree on however, is no matter what the mother looks like, I'm sure we all hope the child looks more like her. She did sleep with him, I'm not so sure if that's the safe bet or not.

fusillirob1983
03-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't think my parents have ever had a combined BEFORE-TAX income of 60k a year until maybe a couple years ago, and I'm 22 now. I definitely wasn't deprived growing up.

So if the kid just turned 16 now, they must be looking forward to trying out each of the 16 cars they were given for their past 16 birthdays, either that or diving into their pool full of money like Scrooge McDuck.

I couldn't tell you an opinion on who should be paying what money because I don't know all the details, but I can definitely tell you 60k is a lot of money.

SOXintheBURGH
03-28-2006, 09:54 PM
The fact is that concurrent with research published in Charles Levy’s “Freakonomics” so-called “secret children” almost invariably grow up to be Secret Agents. Johnson should learn to respect those Halflings which may indeed grow up to one day decide his fate when he is merely a six-foot-eight zucchini riding in a lawnmower. Read it and Weep.

*plays Alice iN Chains “Angry Chair” on the guitar*

Welcome back!

AnkleSox
03-29-2006, 01:06 AM
She did sleep with him, I'm not so sure if that's the safe bet or not.

Money and fame can make even the finest go gaga.

patbooyah
03-29-2006, 02:23 AM
I don't know all the details, but I can definitely tell you 60k is a lot of money.[/COLOR]

i never said 60k wasn't a lot of money. my point was that i think most people, if given the option of choosing between 60k a year and a decent father, would choose the decent father.

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
i never said 60k wasn't a lot of money. my point was that i think most people, if given the option of choosing between 60k a year and a decent father, would choose the decent father.

That's true of the kid, but all the mother can get is the $$$$$. She may not want him in the kid's life, no matter what the kid wants, and until the kid is no longer a minor, it's her decision if she has full custody.

No matter what in a situation like this, the kid is the victim. She didn't ask to be born. The least she should have out of all this is responsible parents who act like adults.

soxinem1
03-29-2006, 07:26 AM
He already had struck it rich. I think a guy who becomes a father and takes no responsibility for 6 years, not even trying to contact said child, then pays the mother a year what he approximately makes in one day is being ridiculous asking for money back. And its interesting that you seem to know how much the mother has put towards the welfare of the kid, He was being paid more than $6 million a year when he impregnated the woman. Considering the kid is 16 years old and he hasn't put $1 million of the $127+ million he has made not including outside income towards the welfare of the kid, I'm sorry , I come to conclusion that he is being an ass asking for money back plus interest, not to mention not trying to be a father to the kid. $60k a year is not a lot of money, and its pocket change to Randy Johnson. The money issue makes him an ass to me, and not trying to be a part of his child's life makes him even a bigger one.

I agree. While the whole story about the situation is not known, having no contact with your own kid is bad. Johnson is also known for being a jerk for no reason. I'm surprised he didn't send his kid a 1975 Pinto or a 1976 Pacer for her birthday, while he rolls around in his flock of Escalades, BMW's, and Hummers, the cheap prick. He has no regard for his own kid's feelings and self esteem.

It looks like this gal is doing okay without the big giraffe but for him to get principled about such a petty amount of money is disturbing. The girl should have at least a couple million set aside for her, and her tuition, and a house.

There would still be plenty of cash for him to hoard and keep to himself.

What an idiot!!

daveeym
03-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I agree. While the whole story about the situation is not known, having no contact with your own kid is bad. Johnson is also known for being a jerk for no reason. I'm surprised he didn't send his kid a 1975 Pinto or a 1976 Pacer for her birthday, while he rolls around in his flock of Escalades, BMW's, and Hummers, the cheap prick. He has no regard for his own kid's feelings and self esteem.

It looks like this gal is doing okay without the big giraffe but for him to get principled about such a petty amount of money is disturbing. The girl should have at least a couple million set aside for her, and her tuition, and a house.

There would still be plenty of cash for him to hoard and keep to himself.

What an idiot!!ARGGHHHH, that's what's driving me nuts. First off her tuition is set aside her for minimum of $250k immediately funded. It's in the agreement.As noted above the mom has control, who knows what else RJ has given that kid, or will give her when she turns 18. The debate over the daycare is that it looks like she hasn't paid for any daycare. As far as we know the mom was smoking dope with that money. As 1951 said they're messy situations so RJ could just be acting like a dick but common sense says there's something much deeper going on here. Because as it's been ragged on about quite a bit, that 70k + interest he's asking for is nothing to RJ.

dickallen15
03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
ARGGHHHH, that's what's driving me nuts. First off her tuition is set aside her for minimum of $250k immediately funded. It's in the agreement.As noted above the mom has control, who knows what else RJ has given that kid, or will give her when she turns 18. The debate over the daycare is that it looks like she hasn't paid for any daycare. As far as we know the mom was smoking dope with that money. As 1951 said they're messy situations so RJ could just be acting like a dick but common sense says there's something much deeper going on here. Because as it's been ragged on about quite a bit, that 70k + interest he's asking for is nothing to RJ.

According to the NY Post story, the girl has written Johnson on numerous occasions wanting to meet her father. He has never replied. I'm sure you have a defense for this, but I don't. The article also mentioned that unfortunately she is the spitting image of her father. If you go to the Yankees website and get Johnson's bio, the first sentence states a $400,000 donation he made to some cause, then it states all the money he has raised for several other causes. I guess writing big checks is fine by him if it gets him some good publicity, but giving his secret daughter the life he's giving the rest of of his children is too extravangant. As 1951 stated, the mother supposedly asked for an addition $1750 a month, and Johnson and his attorney called that too extravangant, and then proceeded to file this suit which is curious because there was no avoiding the attention it would bring to something that was a secret for a long time. Its probably Johnson trying to get back at the mother, the problem is, to do that is going to affect his daughter as well. Also Johnson does have visitation rights according to another story, but he has never taken advantage of them. What a great dad.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
As 1951 stated, the mother supposedly asked for an addition $1750 a month, and Johnson and his attorney called that too extravangant, and then proceeded to file this suit which is curious because there was no avoiding the attention it would bring to something that was a secret for a long time. Its probably Johnson trying to get back at the mother, the problem is, to do that is going to affect his daughter as well. Read what you just wrote. And that makes sense? He's doing it just to spite the Mom and out his own big secret? Now I'm sure there's a lot of animosity between them and spiting going on but that makes no sense.

Also if you have different information than what's here post it and don't argue **** no one else has read. No where in this thread is there a link to the New York post. And the Post is one step up from the enquirer so you should probably wait awhile before using them to be an authoritative source on the subject. Nothing like a good media enflamed story to take as gospel. We all know here at WSI that the media never would lie to us or stir **** up for the hell of it.

And you know what life's not fair, I don't care if he's got 4 other kids that get to take advantage of his $100+ million he's earned. It's not an issue. The kid's more than taken care of.

Any fathering and parental skills are for another debate because there's not enough information known. That's another debate entirely. The immediate villification of fathers in general, and then atheletes in more specific circumstances is utter bull****.

On the financial front, and fincancial front only, he's more than financially covered this kid more so than 90% of american society. The mom's looking for a handout plain and simple. She shouldn't have broken off the relationship and she should have married his ass or filed a suit when she had the kid. Then she could duke it out over alimony. No one knows yet what happened the first 8 years but FINANCIALLY he's more than made up for it and covered her. The Mom's as much at fault here as RJ and yet he's the only one you want to blame because he's a rich athlete and the before taxes equivilent of $1 million he's paid for the kid and set aside for her isn't enough.

dickallen15
03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Read what you just wrote. And that makes sense? He's doing it just to spite the Mom and out his own big secret?

Also if you have different information than what's here post it and don't argue **** no one else has read. No where in this thread is there a link to the New York post. And the Post is one step up from the enquirer so you should probably wait awhile before using them to be an authoritative source on the subject.

And you know what life's not fair, I don't care if he's got 4 other kids that get to take advantage of his $100+ million he's earned. It's not an issue. The kid's more than taken care of.

Any fathering and parental skills are for another debate because there's not enough information known. That's another debate entirely. The immediate villification of fathers in general, and then atheletes in more specific circumstances is utter bull****.

On the financial front, and fincancial front only, he's more than financially covered this kid more so than 90% of american society. The mom's looking for a handout plain and simple. She shouldn't have broken off the relationship and she should have married his ass or filed a suit when she had the kid. Then she could duke it out over alimony.

Because this ass filed suit, his daughter, who he obviously wants no part of, has to be interviewed by NY papers on her front porch. I would have attached it, but I am not computer savvy enough to do that. The woman knew Johnson for a long while. She was best friends with his sister. Quit making excuses for a low-life who makes $16 million a year, and won't even grant his daughter's request at a meeting. I will guarantee you Johnson's 4 other children get a lot more than $69,000 a year thrown their way through private schools, nannies, the house they live in, etc, and it certainly should be an issue. She is just as much his child and his responsibility as his others. Maybe the mother is looking for a handout, but she isn't the one filing suit looking for money. Johnson is trying to get money back from her, but then again he donates a lot of money, just read his bio, so he's just a great guy.

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Because this ass filed suit, his daughter, who he obviously wants no part of, has to be interviewed by NY papers on her front porch.

Has to be interviewed? It's a requirement that you have to speak to the media? Either she or her mother seem to be the ones using the media here, and I know where I'm putting my bets. We've been hearing Randy vs. mom in this, but you know what? Both of them could be *******s.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Because this ass filed suit, his daughter, who he obviously wants no part of, has to be interviewed by NY papers on her front porch. I would have attached it, but I am not computer savvy enough to do that. The woman knew Johnson for a long while. She was best friends with his sister. Quit making excuses for a low-life who makes $16 million a year, and won't even grant his daughter's request at a meeting. I will guarantee you Johnson's 4 other children get a lot more than $69,000 a year thrown their way through private schools, nannies, the house they live in, etc, and it certainly should be an issue. She is just as much his child and his responsibility as his others. Maybe the mother is looking for a handout, but she isn't the one filing suit looking for money. Johnson is trying to get money back from her, but then again he donates a lot of money, just read his bio, so he's just a great guy. I'm making no judgement at all on Johnson's character, he very well may be an ass in all this but I guarantee you the mom is also. Man were you snubbed by your millionairre natural father or something? What would be "fair" for Johnson to give the kid, because obviously a million bucks isn't enough? Does he need to send her a candy bar everytime he buys one of his other kids one? And the mom has no fault in the kid being interviewed on her front porch step? The Mom's not using the kid for publicity to get a nice fat check because she's going, "Oh ****, this kid is 18 in two years and I lose the 60k+ a year "i'm" getting?

No she just keeps calling his attorney and bleeding him for a few thousand more bucks every few months. And I'm sure he never gave any other money and he's just being a bitch about this.

drewcifer
03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Big Unit = Big Turd?

I vote yes.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Has to be interviewed? It's a requirement that you have to speak to the media? Either she or her mother seem to be the ones using the media here, and I know where I'm putting my bets. We've been hearing Randy vs. mom in this, but you know what? Both of them could be *******s. No way dude, he's a redneck and a millionaire athlete, it's just him.

patbooyah
03-29-2006, 10:00 AM
here is a story from the ny daily news.

Mod edit: Trimmed down for copyright reasons.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/403993p-342083c.html

here, to me, are the most important quotes:

"I'm not sure I even want to see him after what he's putting my mom through," said Roszell, a willowy, 6-foot-1 blond. "And I just don't think it's fair for children not to have a relationship with their parents."
"I don't have a relationship with him. It's upsetting."
"Randy hasn't really acknowledged her, that she's even alive," said Laurel Roszell, 46, who is married with another son. "He doesn't ask about her.
Heather:
"I just know that my mom is a really strong person, and she's going to take care of me," she said, blinking back tears.

"It's her biological father," the mom said. "How could she say no?"

yep. seems like randy is the ******* here. even if he paid her 1 million bucks a year, that is no excuse for making your daughter feel this way.

you made a mistake, randy. own up to it.

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
yep. seems like randy is the ******* here. even if he paid her 1 million bucks a year, that is no excuse for making your daughter feel this way.

you made a mistake, randy. own up to it.

Pat, we're only hearing one side here, and we don't know what the mom has said to her over the years. I can picture her saying all kinds of nasty things about him in order to fuel those feelings in her daughter. That kind of thing happens all the time after bitter divorces, so why not in this situation. We don't know what mom is saying or what her motivations are. We don't know if, when they split up, mom didn't tell Johnson, "I don't ever want to to see your daughter." I can picture that happening, too.

There's just too much we don't know here. And that whole front porch interview thing sounds like something her lawyer arranged.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
here is a story from the ny daily news.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/403993p-342083c.html

here, to me, are the most important quotes:

you made a mistake, randy. own up to it. Emotionally is he doing the best thing for his daughter? NO!!! Is the Mom? NO!!! The Mom's being just as big of an *******, it screams of her using the kid to milk more money out of RJ. I mean damn, that's a nice pad they have there. It's a domestic dispute, everyone's an ******* and the kid always gets hurt. That's the truth of it. And it's also the reason why, to me, it's frustrating that the guy is the one that get's dumped on. I agree with you Pat about the "good parenting" issues regarding randy but financially he's more than taken care of this kid. I feel for the kid, yeah the money doesn't help not knowing your father and feeling like he doesn't care about you. But I guarantee you the mom's played just as much into that as he has.

patbooyah
03-29-2006, 10:21 AM
hal and dave,

ultimately, i agree with both of you. i think both parents are being incredibly childish. the real victim here is the kid, when it is her parents who made the mistake in the first place.

all my love,
patrick dahl

EDIT: if i had to choose two non-biological dads, it would be you two

1951Campbell
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
And it's also the reason why, to me, it's frustrating that the guy is the one that get's dumped on.

The received wisdom that dad is always, always wrong will never go away, it seems. And moms know it, and use it.

dickallen15
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm making no judgement at all on Johnson's character, he very well may be an ass in all this but I guarantee you the mom is also. Man were you snubbed by your millionairre natural father or something? What would be "fair" for Johnson to give the kid, because obviously a million bucks isn't enough? Does he need to send her a candy bar everytime he buys one of his other kids one? And the mom has no fault in the kid being interviewed on her front porch step? The Mom's not using the kid for publicity to get a nice fat check because she's going, "Oh ****, this kid is 18 in two years and I lose the 60k+ a year "i'm" getting?

No she just keeps calling his attorney and bleeding him for a few thousand more bucks every few months. And I'm sure he never gave any other money and he's just being a bitch about this.

Actually, my father couldn't treat me and my siblings more equally, and he is a self -made man who did pretty well for himself. My point is, and we are never going to agree, this kid is Randy Johnson's child. It is my belief that she should get the same perks that come with being his child that her half-siblings do. The mother probably is using the daughter right now as far as the interviews go, but it does seem geniune that the girl would like to meet her father, and frankly this may be the best way to get that to happen. Also remember none of this would have happened if Johnson didn't insist on going to court to try and get $71,000 back. Money which we all can agree, he will never need. It seems petty to me he would put his daughter through this, for something so insignificant to him. Once the story came out, and this suit is public record, the girl and the mother were going to be hounded. They might as well give their side of the story and be done with it.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Actually, my father couldn't treat me and my siblings more equally, and he is a self -made man who did pretty well for himself. My point is, and we are never going to agree, this kid is Randy Johnson's child. It is my belief that she should get the same perks that come with being his child that her half-siblings do. The mother probably is using the daughter right now as far as the interviews go, but it does seem geniune that the girl would like to meet her father, and frankly this may be the best way to get that to happen. Also remember none of this would have happened if Johnson didn't insist on going to court to try and get $71,000 back. Money which we all can agree, he will never need. It seems petty to me he would put his daughter through this, for something so insignificant to him. Once the story came out, and this suit is public record, the girl and the mother were going to be hounded. They might as well give their side of the story and be done with it. I can deal with that. I feel for the kid but she's been coached and I'm sure told daddy's evil for years. That's not her fault though. Other than your opinion on the equity of the money i'd agree. The demonizing of the father is what get's me when the mom's playing games and using the kid for her benefit. Neither are in it for the best interests of the kid. I just feel it should be left as a domestic dispute where both parents are hurting the kid and the court should handle it. The media is pathetic for jumping on it and it's not right that the father gets crapped on.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
hal and dave,

ultimately, i agree with both of you. i think both parents are being incredibly childish. the real victim here is the kid, when it is her parents who made the mistake in the first place.

all my love,
patrick dahl

EDIT: if i had to choose two non-biological dads, it would be you two At least I know I could get off cheap and just have to take you to the park swingset and give you a few phone calls. :cool:

CLR01
03-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Why is she asking for money to pay for com. college costs when there is $250,000 sitting somewhere for that very thing?

steff
03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Hal, she could have, and I can see it happening also, but that doesn't mean it did.

Dave, how is the mother milking more $$ from him? He paid what the COURT ORDERED. Not what the mother ordered. And how do you know she's been coached? How do you know the mother played games and used her daughter? How do you know she is now, and has all along, not done what's best for her daughter?

You guys should take a peak at some family law ref's. The guidelines on child support are crystal clear. In fact, this woman could have gone back and gotten more $$ from him, but didn't. That speaks prety loud to me.

Brian26
03-29-2006, 12:25 PM
This is one of those stories where nobody here knows all of the facts, so I just find it odd that people would even want to comment on it.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Hal, she could have, and I can see it happening also, but that doesn't mean it did.

Dave, how is the mother milking more $$ from him? He paid what the COURT ORDERED. Not what the mother ordered. And how do you know she's been coached? How do you know the mother played games and used her daughter? How do you know she is now, and has all along, done what's best for her daughter?

You guys should take a peak at some family law ref's. The guidelines on child support are crystal clear. In fact, this woman could have gone back and gotten more $$ from him, but didn't. That speaks prety loud to me. This coming from the biggest, you don't know "insert sox player here" so shut the hell up you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

I've said throughout the thread that RJ very well may be an ass, no one knows and odds are the mom's just as big of an assumed ass. Go ahead and join the "man and rich athelete very very bad" crowd, fine by me. My money is on them both being *******s in the whole process.

Hal, she could have, and I can see it happening also, but that doesn't mean it did. Right there you're admitting it can happen and domestic disputes are bad he/said she said issues but then turning that logic on it's head and saying I'm believing the mom even though there's not enough info.

TaylorStSox
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
This is one of those stories where nobody here knows all of the facts, so I just find it odd that people would even want to comment on it.
Well said. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been ****housed yet.

steff
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Right there you're admitting it can happen and domestic disputes are bad he/said she said issues but then turning that logic on it's head and saying I'm believing the mom even though there's not enough info.

You bet I admit it can happen as I've seen it. The difference is I choose not to be a ****ing douchebag and **** on a girl I don't know **** about and rather keep an open mind to both sides.

steff
03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I've said throughout the thread that RJ very well may be an ass, no one knows and odds are the mom's just as big of an assumed ass. Go ahead and join the "man and rich athelete very very bad" crowd, fine by me. My money is on them both being *******s in the whole process.

You also said

"I feel for the kid but she's been coached and I'm sure told daddy's evil for years. That's not her fault though. Other than your opinion on the equity of the money i'd agree. The demonizing of the father is what get's me when the mom's playing games and using the kid for her benefit."

ASSuming appears to come easy to you... :rolleyes:

daveeym
03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
You bet I admit it can happen as I've seen it. The difference is I choose not to be a ****ing douchebag and **** on a girl I don't know **** about and rather keep an open mind to both sides. Who's pissing on the girl? No one. Open mind? No you're hopping in late and reaming rj. Real open mind. Come off it steff, change Randy Johnson to Oprah Winfrey and anyone ripping her would be called sexist, racist, women hating, rich women hating etc. etc. etc. The thread would be set on fire for the flaming. But since it's a male redneck millionaire that the media is setting up it's fair game.

Insert any sox player into instead of Randy Johnson and everyone would be calling bull**** and saying wait until the facts or known.

On the face of it the mother's pulling as much crap as RJ is. My assumptions can at least be made off the mothers public actions and applying some common sense. And that in no way says Randy's in the right, put it certainly smells like the mom's not in the right either. I've kept an open mind and responded to everyone's own assumptions and pointed out just as many assumptions can be made about the mom.

I also love your flare for cussing people out on the board steff, classy and I'm the ****ing douchebag???

steff
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I also love your flare for cussing people out on the board steff, classy and I'm the ****ing douchebag???

I've never claimed to be classy and yes, you are the ****ing douchebag.

daveeym
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I've never claimed to be classy and yes, you are the ****ing douchebag.:rolleyes: :whiner:

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 08:46 PM
hal and dave,

all my love,
patrick dahl

EDIT: if i had to choose two non-biological dads, it would be you two

In my case it's only because you know I'd buy you a beer at a game. :D:

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
You bet I admit it can happen as I've seen it. The difference is I choose not to be a ****ing douchebag and **** on a girl I don't know **** about and rather keep an open mind to both sides.

And, steff, if you read all my posts here, I'm taking it right down the middle. I will say that what little evidence there is points to both parents being *******s and the poor kid being the victim.

steff
03-29-2006, 09:54 PM
And, steff, if you read all my posts here, I'm taking it right down the middle. I will say that what little evidence there is points to both parents being *******s and the poor kid being the victim.

Hal.. If I implied you were doing anything but that wasn't the intention. I know you have more sense then that.. :D:

soxinem1
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM

Dave, how is the mother milking more $$ from him? He paid what the COURT ORDERED. Not what the mother ordered. And how do you know she's been coached? How do you know the mother played games and used her daughter? How do you know she is now, and has all along, not done what's best for her daughter?

You guys should take a peak at some family law ref's. The guidelines on child support are crystal clear. In fact, this woman could have gone back and gotten more $$ from him, but didn't. That speaks prety loud to me.

I see your point, but look at it this way. It is obvious that he has done nothing to be a dad to this kid, and two, who said he has to go by the court order? If it was me in a similar situation, I would give my kids EQUAL despite the living situation. My brother is divorced and pays his kids' school tuition, and it was not part of any court-arranged agreement.

Why should this gal go to a community college when his other kids can go to Yale, Stanford, and other elite schools?

We knock people going to the press with this kind of stuff, but what other effective route could they have taken? We all know that, be it good or bad, the press has a power that can build kings, or tear down billion dollar companies.

It seems that both of these 'adults' have some bitterness between them, and they are really the children here. I feel bad for the girl because, like any kid (and without getting too political here), she had no choice in her parents, and should have every right to expect that the parents who created her should BOTH be looking out for her best interests. No we are not in a Brady Bunch world, but these two should do what they can to make the best of this situation.

In other words, The Big Stool should on his own take care of this the right way. He can set up trusts, accounts, and funds for this kid that the mom has no access to, if he so chooses. But not answering letters or ignoring the existance of your own kid is unforgiveable.

steff
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I see your point, but look at it this way. It is obvious that he has done nothing to be a dad to this kid, and two, who said he has to go by the court order? If it was me in a similar situation, I would give my kids EQUAL despite the living situation. My brother is divorced and pays his kids' school tuition, and it was not part of any court-arranged agreement.

Why should this gal go to a community college when his other kids can go to Yale, Stanford, and other elite schools?

We knock people going to the press with this kind of stuff, but what other effective route could they have taken? We all know that, be it good or bad, the press has a power that can build kings, or tear down billion dollar companies.

It seems that both of these 'adults' have some bitterness between them, and they are really the children here. I feel bad for the girl because, like any kid (and without getting too political here), she had no choice in her parents, and should have every right to expect that the parents who created her should BOTH be looking out for her best interests. No we are not in a Brady Bunch world, but these two should do what they can to make the best of this situation.

In other words, The Big Stool should on his own take care of this the right way. He can set up trusts, accounts, and funds for this kid that the mom has no access to, if he so chooses. But not answering letters or ignoring the existance of your own kid is unforgiveable.

I think you misunderstood which side I'm on.

PaulDrake
03-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I can deal with that. I feel for the kid but she's been coached and I'm sure told daddy's evil for years. That's not her fault though. Other than your opinion on the equity of the money i'd agree. The demonizing of the father is what get's me when the mom's playing games and using the kid for her benefit. Neither are in it for the best interests of the kid. I just feel it should be left as a domestic dispute where both parents are hurting the kid and the court should handle it. The media is pathetic for jumping on it and it's not right that the father gets crapped on. Who gives a **** if her mom demonized him or not? He could have still been a man and treated her like she was actually his daughter. Making excuses for this guy is weaker than making excuses for Barry Bonds. It's the kid getting crapped on here, not poor misunderstood Randy Johnson.

White Sox Randy
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
The mere fact the Randy Johnson is battling the mother of his child and his child over this chump change shows what a HUGE A**HOLE he is !