PDA

View Full Version : YAWN... ESPN "Experts" Predict the 2006 Season

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I think we all know where this is going...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview06/news/story?page=06expertpicks&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Our pal Phil Rogers is the only one to even predict the Sox getting to the World Series, let alone winning it.

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 12:05 PM
8 of 13 have the Sox winning the division with one predicting that they'll get the WC.

Rob Neyer has to be the dumbest guy on the planet with Dodgers over the TWINS in the WS !

Atleast noone has the flubs anywhere in the playoff picture.

And, Mark Simon ? picks the RANGERS in the West - talk about a tool.

SOXPHILE
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
8 of 13 have the Sox winning the division with one predicting that they'll get the WC.

Rob Neyer has to be the dumbest guy on the planet with Dodgers over the TWINS in the WS !

I was thinking the same thing about Neyer. DODGER & TWINS ???!!! I guess the Dodgers should be better this year. They may make the playoffs in that bad NL West, but if they do, a first round exit is likely. And the Twins ???? They finished in 3rd place last year, and almost everyone thinks they've actually taken a few steps back this year. Neyer should feel guilty collecting his paycheck this week....

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Rogers has Konerko MVP and Buehrle for CY ! Is he changing his stripes ?

Lip Man 1
03-28-2006, 12:19 PM
It's ESPN gang...who cares...and why is this even 'bothering' anyone?

Do what I do...simply do not watch or read ESPN. Period.

Lip

drewcifer
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
LOL.. I thought the same thing when I saw that....

I'm also surprised by all the Halladay picks for the AL CY. Been dealing with injury, his IP#s are pathetic last couple years, K/IP at around .75... He did get his Walks down, but Santana still blows his doors off.

But I digress.
Lip hit it dead on.
It's ESPN...... Gotta expect grunts from pigs.

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM

LipWho's bothered? Hell, the title of the thread starts with "YAWN..."

We all know what to expect with these ESPN tools.

Cambridge
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Definitely some interesting opinions. With most of the writers picking the White Sox to return to the playoffs, respect has clearly replaced disrespect on a national level for the reigning champions. The Astros, meanwhile, are given almost no chance of returning to the postseason.

twentywontowin
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Flying low under the radar last year worked for us, why not one more time? :D:

longshot7
03-28-2006, 12:49 PM

Hey!! I'm picking the Rangers (just not sold on the A's).

GregoryEtc
03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I'd be interested in seeing what each of these goofballs predicted last year. That should be worth a laugh.

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey!! I'm picking the Rangers (just not sold on the A's).

I can see going out on a limb a bit. But, I can't see anyway,even with a lot of luck, that the Rangers can finish ahead of both the A's and Angels. I wouldn't give it a 5% chance. But, we'll see.

Realist
03-28-2006, 12:58 PM

Lip

I stopped reading the windsock years ago and the quality of my life improved. I'm going to try do the same with ESPN now starting with this article. I'm going to refuse to read it. I seem to pretty much get all the White Sox stories I need between WSI and Scott Merkin.

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd be interested in seeing what each of these goofballs predicted last year. That should be worth a laugh.

It is. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks)

soxfan13
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I can see going out on a limb a bit. But, I can't see anyway,even with a lot of luck, that the Rangers can finish ahead of both the A's and Angels. I wouldn't give it a 5% chance. But, we'll see.

The Rangers did a major upgrade of the pitching staff adding Millwood, Eaton, and Padilla. They have the offense, now if the pitching is half way decent I think they have a very decent shot at winning that division. So I dont think it is going out on that far of a limb.

GregoryEtc
03-28-2006, 01:06 PM

here they are! and they're laughable!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks

soxfan13
03-28-2006, 01:07 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks

Rob Neyer did pick the Sox to win the division LOL

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicksWow, 1/3 of the "experts" picked the Twins to get to the World Series.

:cleo

"Me job is safe, mon!"

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
The Rangers did a major upgrade of the pitching staff adding Millwood, Eaton, and Padilla. They have the offense, now if the pitching is half way decent I think they have a very decent shot at winning that division. So I dont think it is going out on that far of a limb.

I'm willing to bet right now that they don't finish within 10 games of first place. Pitching they added was Millwood, Padilla and Eaton ? Are you f***ing kidding me ?

Do you realize the A's have ZITO, HARDEN, HAREN, LOAIZA and BLANTON ?

Oakland's pitching is as good as the White Sox. Texas pitching is still weak.

And, what about the Angels ? Where did they go ? Their farm system is loaded.

MikeLove
03-28-2006, 01:27 PM
oakland's pitching is NOT as good as the Sox

PicktoCLick72
03-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok we get ESPN doesn't give credit to the Sox. Some people react to this like it actually matters. It's not these guys jobs to only pick the favorites. We need some real games so people can start complaining about things that matter.

I want Mags back
03-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Rogers has Konerko MVP and Buehrle for CY ! Is he changing his stripes ?

yeah what a homer

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 01:46 PM

You're right. their pitching is probably better.

Last year, the Sox ERA was 3.61, Oakland's 3.69.

Last year Harden,maybe the best pitcher in baseball, missed half the season. Now, they have Loaiza in place of Saarloos. Their closer is better than ours and maybe their bullpen as a whole.

The A's have improved their offense. Anyway, you look at it the A's are one of the top 5 teams in baseball and no way are the RANGERS finishing ahead of them.

VASoxfan1
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Verducci at SI went with the Sox to win it all and had Paullie with the MVP.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tom_verducci/03/28/preseason.predictions/index.html

he has a sense of humor about last years picks too

chaerulez
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Yes it is.

soxfan13
03-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm willing to bet right now that they don't finish within 10 games of first place. Pitching they added was Millwood, Padilla and Eaton ? Are you f***ing kidding me ?

Do you realize the A's have ZITO, HARDEN, HAREN, LOAIZA and BLANTON ?

Oakland's pitching is as good as the White Sox. Texas pitching is still weak.

And, what about the Angels ? Where did they go ? Their farm system is loaded.

Nowhere did I state that the Texas rotation would be dominant but they now have some pitchers compared to the last couple of years that will eat up some innings and keep the team in the game and give the Rangers offense a chance to win some more games. The Angels yeah they have a great so-called farm system so did the White Sox until you can prove to me when these so-called farm systems have 100% success rate, the farm system is nothing but pure speculation with a lot more misses then hits. I am sorry but right now I dont think that Oaklands starters can hold the White Sox jocks. Yes Zito proven awesome. Harden young still needs a year or 2 more of doing what hes been doing to be considered consistently good. Haren 20-22 lifetime still a work in progress as is Blanton 12-12. Loaiza take away his phenominal year with the White Sox and he is a .500 pitcher with a career ERA of 5.00. So I think the West is going to be a great race between the A's, Angels, and yes the Rangers.

drewcifer
03-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Last year Harden,maybe the best pitcher in baseball, missed half the season. Now, they have Loaiza in place of Saarloos. Their closer is better than ours and maybe their bullpen as a whole.

The A's have improved their offense. Anyway, you look at it the A's are one of the top 5 teams in baseball and no way are the RANGERS finishing ahead of them.
I think the A's can take the West also, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they've got a better staff than the Sox.

They gave up more walks, higher R/G, higher RA, and recorded WAY less saves. Those are more reliable stats to indicate depth of pitching than team ERA.

I also think Loaiza isn't all he's cracked up to be anymore, either. He had an up year last year pitching in RFK for the NATs, but he's been getting shelled the last few years (check out his Hits vs IP). It's like he's getting hit before even getting a chance to walk anyone...

Anyway, I still don't think the A's have the depth and strength. Good staff, no doubt, but not as good.

palehozenychicty
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Neyer. DODGER & TWINS ???!!! I guess the Dodgers should be better this year. They may make the playoffs in that bad NL West, but if they do, a first round exit is likely.

I wouldn't sleep on the Dodgers, as if they're healthy, is a dangerous team like the Sox last year. They got solid pitching, d, power, and speed. Now the Twins...............meh. Santana can't start every game.

asindc
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
I think the A's can take the West also, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they've got a better staff than the Sox.

They gave up more walks, higher R/G, higher RA, and recorded WAY less saves. Those are more reliable stats to indicate depth of pitching than team ERA.

I also think Loaiza isn't all he's cracked up to be anymore, either. He had an up year last year pitching in RFK for the NATs, but he's been getting shelled the last few years (check out his Hits vs IP). It's like he's getting hit before even getting a chance to walk anyone...

Anyway, I still don't think the A's have the depth and strength. Good staff, no doubt, but not as good.

If the A's staff isn't as good, it's very close. Close enough that in a playoff series, it won't matter that much. The more I think about the A's, the more I think they will be the ones to watch.

White Sox Randy
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm not a big Loaiza fan either. But, I think that most GM's would take Harden and Zito over any 2 Sox starters. Also, wouldn't you rather have Street than Jenks ? The staffs are comparable and Oakland has improved their offense.

The Angels beat the Yankees in the playoffs last year and lost basically no one. They also have some huge talent on the verge.

These 2 franchises are head and shoulders above Texas.

If you want to go longshot, you could go with the Brewers, Twins, Phillies or Jays.

SoLongFrank
03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
WSW: A's:4, Angels:3, Yanks:2, Cards:2, Dods:1, WSox:1,
WSL: Cards:7, Braves:2, Mets:2, Twins:1, Yanks:1, Jays:1,
ALDW: Yanks:10, A's:8, WSox:8, Tribe:4, Angels:4, RSox:2, Twins:1, Jays:1, Rangs:1
NLDW: Cards:11, Braves:7, Dod's:7, Mets:6, Gia's:5, Pads:1, Stros:1
ALWC: RSox:5, A's:2, Tribe:2, WSox:1, RSox:5, Jays:1, Angels:1,
NLWC: Braves: 6, Mets:5, Tribe:1, Phils:1, Cards:1

Consensus:
ALDS: A's > RSox, Yanks > WSox
ALCS: A's > Yanks
NLDS: Cards > Mets, Braves > Dodgers
ALCS: Cards > Braves
Champs: A's > Cards

The A's won't be flying under the radar this year.

My Own Personal Opinion:
ALDS: A's > RSox, WSox > Yanks
ALCS: A's > WSox
NLDS: Cards > Giants, Braves > Astros
ALCS: Cards > Braves
Champs: A's > Cards

As much as I want to pick the White Sox, the A's still creep me out. Their record against us over the years is brutal. Our play against them is brutal.

Hopefully they fall apart health-wise & limp into the post-season. We can beat them for sure then. As for the Cards we can take them.

Corlose 15
03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure what the hub bub is about the Angels. They lost Washburn and Byrd who are replaced by Santana and Weaver(who hasn't had a good year since Detroit) and they still don't have anyone to protect Guererro.

As for the A's, nothing would please me more than watching the Sox kick the **** out of them this year. I'm not sure why everyone thinks adding Loaiza to that staff is that big of a deal. 2003 Loaiza yeah, but I'm willing to bet he's closer to 2004 Loaiza this year.

GregoryEtc
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Not that it will do any good, but this was my letter to the Ombudsman of ESPN.com:

Dear, Mr. Solomon,

First of all, thank you for the work you do as ESPN.com Ombudsman. The world of sports journalism sometimes needs a watchful eye looking over them and the giant sports network that is ESPN is no different. All too often in sports journalism, one's own biases are obvious in their reporting and, fair or not, much has been made about ESPN's own alleged favoritism to the east coast. One can only hope that, as Ombudsman, you help to disspell that notion, if not irradicate it.

That being said, I wanted to draw your attention to the latest installment of pre-season predictions for the 2006 Major League Baseball season. As you may know, last year, all of the various columnists that took part in the survey embarassed themselves by managing to pick seemingly every other team to advance to the World Series except the two teams that actually did. In fact, only one columnist, Rob Neyer, even picked a World Series team (the White Sox) to make the playoffs. Not a single columnist picked the Astros to make the post-season.

Without a mention of this record of futility, the columnists of ESPN.com have once again tried to predict the outcome of the upcoming season. I can hardly contain myself in anticipation of October when one by one, each of these columnists tells us that they knew all along that {insert team here} was good enough to win it all, just like they all suddenly "knew" that the White Sox were. In fact, while few teams have improved themselves in the past off-season as much as the defending champions, one solitary man has picked the Sox to defend their title this year.

Unfortunately, this is exactly the kind of respect that White Sox fans have come to expect from the journalists at ESPN. Bristol rarely lets a chance to snub the White Sox pass by. And if there was ever a doubt, one need only to remember back to Chris Berman's "Oh NO!!!" when that ball found its way through Tony Graffinino's legs last October.

Thank you for your time.

palehozenychicty
03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure what the hub bub is about the Angels. They lost Washburn and Byrd who are replaced by Santana and Weaver(who hasn't had a good year since Detroit) and they still don't have anyone to protect Guererro.

As for the A's, nothing would please me more than watching the Sox kick the **** out of them this year. I'm not sure why everyone thinks adding Loaiza to that staff is that big of a deal. 2003 Loaiza yeah, but I'm willing to bet he's closer to 2004 Loaiza this year.

The Angels will be starting Escobar this season, and he's looked unhittable in ST so far. Weaver had a reasonably good campaign with the Dodgers while getting little run support. Kotchman and McPherson will finally play consistently this year, and they have some superprospects, Brandon Wood and Howie Kendrick, coming through next year. The angels will be formidable again.

As far as the A's, until they actually win an important game, I don't buy them. Nor moneyball freak Beane. :rolleyes:

drewcifer
03-28-2006, 04:02 PM
As far as the A's, until they actually win an important game, I don't buy them. Nor moneyball freak Beane. :rolleyes:

Amen, brother.

(I still pick 'em ahead of the Rangers for the West, though :wink:)

TDog
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM

Lip

I haven't watched ESPN in years.

I'm not even sure why anyone cares about predictions (which I didn't look at but did see summarized). Does it hurt the Sox if people don't pick them to finish first? Do you feel disrespected? If so, why?

Would it mean anything if they picked the Sox to win? Did ESPN help the teams they picked to win last year, or in 2004?

Consider the source.

chaotic8512
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Interesting note about Phil Rogers picking us to win it all this year. Take a look at his 2005 selection for NL MVP. None other than our very own Jim Thome... the only man on that expert panel to make that selection.

I think this guy might just be a Thome fan. (To teal or not to teal...)

chaotic8512
03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
ALWC: RSox:5, A's:2, Tribe:2, WSox:1, RSox:5, Jays:1, Angels:1,
NLWC: Braves: 6, Mets:5, Tribe:1, Phils:1, Cards:1

Now THAT'S a team to fear! One capable of taking WC's in both divisions.

I definitely agree, SoLong, I would like nothing more than to see the A's limp right in to the postseason. That and/or simple regular-season domination on our part.

AZSoxFAN
03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
The Sox only perform as the underdog - the way it should be.:wink:

StockdaleForVeep
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I think we all know where this is going...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview06/news/story?page=06expertpicks&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Our pal Phil Rogers is the only one to even predict the Sox getting to the World Series, let alone winning it.

He's also the only one pickin konerko as mvp and buehrle as cy young

Im waitin for the peter gammons declaration of "This year is jeremey bonderman and zach grienke's year!"

IggyD
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
At least no one has the flubs anywhere in the playoff picture.
I am praying they get there for a centennial cross-town WS, so the Sox can sweep them.....imagine the bragging rights then

Half Cocked Jack
03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, nobody is bullish on the Cubs. Looking at ESPN's track record, maybe it means this is their year!

thomas35forever
03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I actually shouldn't be surprised that they're picking the A's over the Sox. Let's just hope the Sox improved enough to finally be those squares, especially in their own ballpark-er-colesium.

Corlose 15
03-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Something that I'd enjoy seeing is the Sox beating the Blue Jays and A's on their way back to the WS. Then Dye or someone can hit a HR to win game 6 and a second straight title.:cool:

soxtalker
03-29-2006, 08:04 AM
This is terrific! (I'm serious.) Most predictions appear to me to be simple extensions of what happened the previous few years. So, I would normally expect the White Sox to be picked by many to repeat. We can feel insulted, but, quite frankly, I'd much rather see the Sox play under the radar. Unfortunately, ESPN -- or any media outlet -- does not indicate what the other teams feel, which is probably far more important. The competition will probably be playing "up" for us.

The Wall
03-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Rob Neyer picks us to finish no better than 3rd in AL-Central behind Twins (who go onto the WS) and the Indians (who take the wild card).

Yeah, right.

Cambridge
03-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Not that it will do any good, but this was my letter to the Ombudsman of ESPN.com:

If I'm the ombudsman, I respond to claims of east coast bias with the following:

3 of the 15 writers have an east coast team winning the World Series.

3 of the 15 writers have an east coast making it to the WS but losing.

Less than half of the teams predicted to win the Wild Card are from the east coast.

drewcifer
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
If I'm the ombudsman, I respond to claims of east coast bias with the following:

Less than half of the teams predicted to win the Wild Card are from the east coast.

Are we reading the same link??? 9 of the 15 predictions have an East coast team in the WS. Mets, Braves and Blue Jays are all East Coast teams (not to mention SPANKEE$$$ rivals at one point or another)....

There's absolutely East coast bias in the sports media. I've been living out here in SPANKEE$$-land for 3 years now and I swear people who grew up here barely realize there's more to baseball than them and the Red Sox....

And 1/2 of them can't even name their starting rotations!

It's sad.

$200M+ payrolls buy you some media apparently, and even the media has it's share of sheep.

TornLabrum
03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Are we reading the same link??? 9 of the 15 predictions have an East coast team in the WS. Mets, Braves and Blue Jays are all East Coast teams (not to mention SPANKEE$$$ rivals at one point or another)....
Yeah, I just bought some beautiful ocean-front property in Toronto.

palehozenychicty
03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I am praying they get there for a centennial cross-town WS, so the Sox can sweep them.....imagine the bragging rights then

If the series is a crosstown one, and the sox will win that, chicago will have another great fire.

Cambridge
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Braves and Blue Jays are all East Coast teams

While they're both east of the Mississippi, I consider Atlanta the South and Toronto is closer to Detroit and Cleveland than it is to Boston or New York.

FWIW: I'm not claiming east coast media bias doesn't exist; I just don't see it in the ESPN poll.

drewcifer
03-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I just bought some beautiful ocean-front property in Toronto.
LOL!

What I'm getting at is that the media seems to give more attention and respect to EAST DIVISION teams (in both leagues) because they consider the Yankees, Braves, Boston, and the Mets as the measuring stick. I read it/hear it all the time:

"The Blue Jays could give the Yankees some trouble in the East with their pitching moves..."

"Minaya's pick ups could bring us a repeat subway series..."

"Does Boston have the pitching to keep up with the Yankees offense"....

Crap like that.... It's just assumed that they'll be in the hunt and everyone else is rated based on their chances against them. 9 of the 15 "experts" picked teams that play in divisions of those teams.... Just an observation.

*Edit - And only 4 picked NYY to NOT make the playoffs.

Cambridge
03-29-2006, 09:50 AM
...the media seems to give more attention and respect to EAST DIVISION teams (in both leagues) because they consider...the measuring stick.

The thing is, they HAVE been the measuring stick. 10 of the last 13 World Series winners have come from either the AL or NL East. I'm not saying that's a good thing (especially because market factors and payroll play a big part of it), but it is what it is.

Cambridge
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
*Edit - And only 4 picked NYY to NOT make the playoffs.

As they've made the playoffs for 11 years running, and have by far the highest payroll in the game, you'd expect writers NOT to pick them?

Hey, I'd love to see NYY miss the playoffs every year for the next three decades, but there's more common sense than bias involved in predicting that they'll be in the postseason.

drewcifer
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
As they've made the playoffs for 11 years running, and have by far the highest payroll in the game, you'd expect writers NOT to pick them?

Well - The pitching in the East got alot tougher this year, and the Yankees are marching out, arguably, the worst staff. Randy's old, Moose is slipping, Chacon, Wang, and Pavano are question marks... Wright flat out sucks.... Nothing scary in the bullpen.....

So Yeah, I guess I'd expect more to NOT pick them.

Unregistered
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
If the series is a crosstown one, and the sox will win that, chicago will have another great fire.Yep. Dusty Baker and Jim Hendry. <rimshot>

GregoryEtc
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM

I thought I was pretty fair and openminded in my letter about the "alleged" east coast bias. That wasn't my point. My point was that how can they claim that to be a poll of baseball experts, when every one of them proved how knowledgable they are by managing to pick NEITHER of the world series teams to do anything last year. Do they still consider themselves experts? What good is a poll such as that if the people conducting it are nincompoops?

The point wasn't that they were necessarilly biased (a point could be made that Rogers was exposing his CHICAGO bias by picking the Sox to repeat), but rather that the ESPN panel of experts is worthless.

An ombudsman's job is to fairly judge the organization he/she works. That poor guy has his work cut out for him.

SoLongFrank
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
There is no F'g way the Cubs will make it to the World Series. None! Nada! No chance.

There are more fundamentally sound clubs ahead of them in pitching & hitting. They can't sneak up on anybody.

Where's that media bias thread? The whole look back 100 yrs ago segment in the Trib is nothing more than a weak attempt to steal some of the White Sox thunder or at least assoc the Cub with it. Pitiful. Pathetic.

SoLongFrank
03-29-2006, 01:36 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0603290217mar29,1,6760580.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
As reported in the Trib today, SI picks Sox over Cards.

Note this is in the White Sox section & yet reads like an article for Cub fans.

Something needs to be said about the Angels. Moving Escobar to the rotation is a smart move but it also weakens their pen. When you consider the -'s in their rotation & pen this year with their +'s I think at best their pitching has remained status quo.

They were not that much better than the White Sox at scoring runs & the White Sox should be much improved so long as Thome remains healthy. He should do that at DH.

Kong is a 60 mil man now so he doesn't need to sit for NL games.

The reason why the A's are to be feared is because Beane always produces an A's team rich in pitching. This team has definitely improved in that area for 2005. No one is ever concerned about the A's ability to pitch & play defense. It's scoring runs that is always the concern. With both Thomas & Bradley added to the mix no one can suggest they aren't at least 5-10 wins better. Provided both remain healthy of course. That should win them the West.

If they start slow (like they usually do) there's no way they will have enough in the tank to get to the World Series. But if they start out strong they will likely finish with the best record in MLB. What's strong for the A's?
Over .500 by June.

flo-B-flo
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I STILL don't give a **** what those jamokes think. That Karabell stroke criticized Jenks spring training numbers then, 15 minutes later said spring training numbers don't say much. not interested in "expert" opinions by these pissants.

gobears1987
03-29-2006, 11:03 PM

I call bull. The A's only have 4 real starters. The Sox have 6. Loaiza was a one year wonder. He isn't that good.

gobears1987
03-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Amen, brother.

(I still pick 'em ahead of the Rangers for the West, though :wink:)Same here, but I pick the Angels ahead the A's