PDA

View Full Version : Comcast SportsNet to televise Opening Night banner raising festivities live

Jnuich
03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
COMCAST SPORTSNET TO CARRY WHITE SOX OPENING NIGHT BANNER RAISING CEREMONY LIVE ON APRIL 2

Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the World Series champion Chicago White Sox, will provide viewers with a special White Sox Opening Night Special edition of Land Rover SportsNite on Sunday, April 2 beginning at 6:00 PM. This extended edition of SportsNite will include live coverage of the World Series championship banner raising ceremony from U.S. Cellular Field.

The White Sox Opening Night Special will be hosted by SportsNite’s Pat Boyle and Kerry Sayers, along with White Sox Pre/Post Game Live studio analyst Bill Melton. In addition, SportsNite’s Mark Schanowski, Chuck Garfien and Mitch Robinson will provide live reports throughout the telecast from U.S. Cellular Field. Comcast SportsNet plans on carrying live coverage of all the Opening Night festivities until the first pitch of the game.

Among the numerous highlights of the White Sox Opening Night Special on April 2 include:
- Complete live coverage of the division, league and World Series banner raising ceremony
- Complete live U.S. Cellular Field Jumbotron feed of all video montages
- Live interview with White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf
- Interview with White Sox Opening Night starter Mark Buehrle
- Live coverage of recording artist Josh Kelley’s rendition of the National Anthem
- Live interviews with VIPs in attendance at the game
- Player profiles of the 2006 White Sox
- Retrospective look back at the 2005 World Series championship run

COMCAST SPORTSNET’S FIRST WHITE SOX GAME OF 2006 SET FOR APRIL 4 WITH LIVE COVERAGE OF RING CEREMONY

Comcast SportsNet will carry its first 2006 White Sox regular game on Tuesday, April 4 beginning at 12 noon with a special one-hour edition of White Sox Pre-Game Live presented by Feldco. The one-hour special will also include live coverage of the World Series championship ring ceremony from U.S. Cellular Field.

First pitch versus the Cleveland Indians takes place at 1:00 PM and the game will be immediately followed by White Sox Post Game Live presented by U.S. Cellular featuring analysis from Bill Melton. For Comcast SportsNet’s complete 2006 White Sox telecast schedule, visit www.comcastsportsnet.com (http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/).

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
What about the other stations? NBC5, FOX32, WGN9, ABC7, CBS2,
Telemundo, WTTW11, MSNBC, ESPN, CNN. ANyone know if these stations will be there to cover this HISTORIC and MOMENTOUS occasion?

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
What about the other stations? NBC5, FOX32, WGN9, ABC7, CBS2,
Telemundo, WTTW11, MSNBC, ESPN, CNN. ANyone know if these stations will be there to cover this HISTORIC and MOMENTOUS occasion?

They might show a few clips on the 10 o'clock news.

How much coverage did the Red Sox get last year for their banner raising?

South Sider
03-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I need a big favor from one of you guys.

I really want this one badly, but I live in Germany and can't catch the Pre Game stuff - only the game from ESPN 2.

VHs or DVD - both would work for me.

I will cover all the costs of course.

Just send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Thanks in advance

Go Sox

mrwag
03-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Same here! If anyone is willing to Tivo these and burn DVD or VHS copies, I'd chip in for media and postage.

PM me or email to mrwag74@yahoo.com