PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day- 3/27

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
"When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything." -- Bobby Howry to Paul Sullivan of the Tribune.

:?: :?:

Obviously Bob has Sox fans and Cub fans confused. Either that or he didn't pay any attention to the fans wanting to hang Reinsdorf by his entrails after the White Flag embarassment, the shouting match at the Sox Fantasy Camp and all the comments during the 2001 season.

Lip

NSSoxFan
03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Lip, I just read that article. I honestly don't know what to say.

LuvSox
03-27-2006, 11:16 PM
"When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything." -- Bobby Howry to Paul Sullivan of the Tribune.

I think when he said "expect you" he meant himself, like we knew that he would blow the game. :D:

TornLabrum
03-27-2006, 11:19 PM
I think when he said "expect you" he meant himself, like we knew that he would blow the game. :D:

I pretty much agree with Howry. I didn't expect those clowns to win much of anything, especially with Gen. Disarray guiding things.

LuvSox
03-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I pretty much agree with Howry. I didn't expect those clowns to win much of anything, especially with Gen. Disarray guiding things.

Good point.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, at least we know why he seems to feel so at home in Cubbie blue.

Steelrod
03-28-2006, 04:06 AM

Obviously Bob has Sox fans and Cub fans confused. Either that or he didn't pay any attention to the fans wanting to hang Reinsdorf by his entrails after the White Flag embarassment, the shouting match at the Sox Fantasy Camp and all the comments during the 2001 season.

Lip
You should have been at this year's camp. The shouters turned into autograph seekers. I guess all Uncle Jer needs to do to make friends is to win!
We Sox fans ALWAYS wear our emotions on our sleeve, both good and bad!

oeo
03-28-2006, 06:22 AM

Lip
No Gascan, I believe it was you who didn't expect to win. We didn't expect to win when you came in the game, because we knew you would blow it up. Welcome back to Chicago, may your suckfest continue...

Madvora
03-28-2006, 07:57 AM
That's at least the second comment like that he's made about the Sox and their fans. He must be pretty bitter.

JGarlandrules20
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
That's at least the second comment like that he's made about the Sox and their fans. He must be pretty bitter. It's more like the 20th comment!!, yet I caught a little interview with him on comcast and he said he enjoyed his time here...?:?:

What a booger.

Tekijawa
03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
He did spend time with the Red Sox... I would assume that would be a bit truer in that context... That's just not how the Trib is laying it out?

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
It's just a shame that he's not blowing games for Cleveland anymore. How many games did he blow against the Sox last year? 2? 3?

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I like this quote better:

"What the heck's up with that?" asked Buehrle, a career .095 hitter. "I wanted to hit. Thome or me? It's a tossup if you ask me."

Buehrle on Thome DHing in the game against the Cubs. :cool:

TDog
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I wanted the Sox to win. I hoped the Sox would win. But in truth, when Howry was with the Sox, I didn't expect the Sox to win.

Their pitching wasn't good enough.

Steelrod
03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
I wanted the Sox to win. I hoped the Sox would win. But in truth, when Howry was with the Sox, I didn't expect the Sox to win.

I ALWAYS expect the Sox to win!

TDog
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I ALWAYS expect the Sox to win!

I came of age as a White Sox fan in 1970. Some years I expect the Sox to win, but I haven't lost the feeling of delightful surprise when they do.

THE_HOOTER
03-28-2006, 07:49 PM

This is exactly how I feel.

I went to numerous game, but just didnt think they would do much.

Howry has a serious grudge about most things it seems.

munchman33
03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Howry's right. Cubs fans do expect their team to win. And if we sox fans were given a team to root for that was made up of the Cubs current roster, we definately wouldn't expect them to win. Because they suck.

HotelWhiteSox
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM

It is almost obvious to me that this isn't what Howry means what his comments, but that he is saying that Sox fans didn't care if the team won or lost.

Plus, he was a part of a team that had the best record in the AL one year, and I doubt all of you knew they'd be out in the first round so didn't bother to watch