PDA

View Full Version : Sully: Ozzie Gets Under Baker's Skin

Viva Medias B's
03-27-2006, 10:54 PM
According to Paul Sullivan, Ozzie's decision to end the game after nine innings rubbed Dusty Baker the wrong way.

Link for those of you Tribune-registered (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060327cubssoxgamer,1,2702224.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed)

Unregistered
03-27-2006, 11:14 PM
When Guillen was told many people were upset they couldn't play another inning, he facetiously replied, "What do you want me to do, pitch [Pablo] Ozuna?"

:D:

**** off, Dusty. You're getting more pathetic every day...

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Me thinks Dusty has already started feeling the heat from Tribune Tower and is looking for any life preserver he can grasp at.

What a dunderheaded buffoon.

Lip

NSSoxFan
03-27-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/history/2005/images/ws_trophy.jpg

Ours

Brian26
03-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Me thinks Dusty has already started feeling the heat from Tribune Tower and is looking for any life preserver he can grasp at.

What a dunderheaded buffoon.

Lip

This is the same Dusty that rushed Mark Prior back ahead of schedule so he could pitch against the Sox on that Sunday day game at the Cell last year to try to salvage a split and "save face" in the season series against the Sox? Now he's mad that Ozzie chose not to play extra innings in a meaningless spring training game? Give me a break.

IowaSox1971
03-28-2006, 02:11 AM
Maybe Ozzie would have been willing to play extra innings if the Cubs hadn't been throwing at our hitters and having their catchers try to injure our base runners by blocking the plate on not-close plays.

Nellie_Fox
03-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Ozzie should have just run over and smacked Dusty with a folding chair.

SoxFan76
03-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Ozzie should have just run over and smacked Dusty with a folding chair.

http://www.cagematch.de/seite/images/funnyquotes/jimross.jpg

"By Gawd Dusty has been broken in half! Damn you Dusty, damn you to hell! You got what you deserved you SOB!"

lol oh man how I miss that hillbilly.

Dan Mega
03-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Dusty/Sullivan=:whiner:

And I agree with IowaSox. Ozzie might not have said it but the Cubs were playing really dirty in that game.

soxfan13
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Read that this morning I heard the WHAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE in the backround:whiner: Dusty its spring training they were also pissed they ended it in a tie with the biggest crowd ever there for a game they feel they robbed the customers

Baby Fisk
03-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Dusty Baker is total clown shoes.

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Read that this morning I heard the WHAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE in the backround:whiner: Dusty its spring training they were also pissed they ended it in a tie with the biggest crowd ever there for a game they feel they robbed the customers

What's the over/under for when ticket stubs from the game show up on eBay?

:rolleyes:

Kogs35
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Cry me a river dusty its only spring training. if you want to play extra innings im sure you can get a simulated game going with your own players.

Dan Mega
03-28-2006, 10:21 AM
According to the Cubune's on-site poll, the majority agrees with Ozzie calling it a game when he did- its spring training.

But as the Cubune reports further, Sox fans may be stuffing the ballot box!

maurice
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Since spring training games are meaningless in the long run, it's up to the managers whether to play extra innings. Guillen had signaled to Baker before the Cubs' ninth to let him know he did not want to play extra innings.

In other words, with the Sox leading 4-2, Guillen told Baker that he was out of pitchers after Cotts...in a road game about 2 hours away from the Sox Spring Training facility. That bastard!

SOXPHILE
03-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Just flipped on the radio, and for the past 10 minutes or so, Cub Tool Murph has been bitching and whining about this, and taking calls asking people what they think. From the little bit I've heard, it seems like he's mad because of the money they made on the game, and they wouldn't go past 9, saying it's not fair to those who paid. Hey, bugleboy, it's a SPRING TRAINING GAME. The people knew that when they bought the tix. It doesn't matter who won, loss or tied. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Just when I think the guy can't get any more stupid, I flip on the radio, and in 10 minutes, he proves me wrong.

Dick Allen
03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Just flipped on the radio, and for the past 10 minutes or so, Cub Tool Murph has been bitching and whining about this, and taking calls asking people what they think. From the little bit I've heard, it seems like he's mad because of the money they made on the game, and they wouldn't go past 9, saying it's not fair to those who paid. Hey, bugleboy, it's a SPRING TRAINING GAME. The people knew that when they bought the tix. It doesn't matter who won, loss or tied. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Just when I think the guy can't get any more stupid, I flip on the radio, and in 10 minutes, he proves me wrong.In other words, just another run-of-the-mill Cub fan.

Boozer
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Howry said. "The players don't think about it much at all. When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything, but if you beat the Cubs it was a great year.

What the hell is Howry talking about? The fans didn't expect to win anything? What a dumbass!:angry:

RSox78
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM

This is the same organization that scalps their own tickets to their fans? Well I don't think they are to worried about their customers feeling robbed.

Vernam
03-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Ozzie should have just run over and smacked Dusty with a folding chair.:rolling:

It's good to see that the Cubs and their fans don't care about us or the Sox. Not too desperate, are they? The fact that they're so worked up about missing the chance to win a SPRING TRAINING GAME indicates they know, at least subconsciously, that we will own them in the regular season.

Six games against the 2006 Cubs -- not a bad deal for us at all. :cool:

Vernam

HotelWhiteSox
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Take a look at the poll results on this page http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/team-whitesox.asp

No, Cubs fans don't care about the Sox...