PDA

View Full Version : Question about White Sox Ticket Exchange

chisoxmike
03-27-2006, 08:23 PM
If I post my tickets on the White Sox Ticket Exchange and nobody buys the tickets...do I just have to eat the tickets? I assume so, but can I take them offline without a fee if its looking grim?

Thanks for the help.
-Mike

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
If I post my tickets on the White Sox Ticket Exchange and nobody buys the tickets...do I just have to eat the tickets? I assume so, but can I take them offline without a fee if its looking grim?

Thanks for the help.
-Mikefree to post....you can take them off at any time.....you only pay fees when the tickets get sold....
Gene

chisoxmike
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
free to post....you can take them off at any time.....you only pay fees when the tickets get sold....
Gene

Thanks Gene

chisoxfanatic
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
free to post....you can take them off at any time.....you only pay fees when the tickets get sold....
Gene

If the game is past and nobody purchases it, may we send the ticket in for one of the compensation days?

chisoxmike
03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
If the game is past and nobody purchases it, may we send the ticket in for one of the compensation days?

Yes

lizard6king6
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Only thing I dont like about the ticket exchange is that people set ridiculous prices, it seems basically the same as stub hub or ebay. My initial impression was that people could resell their ticket for face value to get their money back for that game. Owell

chisoxmike
03-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Only thing I dont like about the ticket exchange is that people set ridiculous prices, it seems basically the same as stub hub or ebay. My initial impression was that people could resell their ticket for face value to get their money back for that game. Owell

But if people are dumb enough to pay the high prices, thats less you have to pay for possible playoff tickets or next years season tix.

I just posted 2 tix for sale. Only $5 more than face on each ticket in the lower box. You recoup 90% of what you sell.

NoNeckEra
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM

Thanks for the help.
-Mike
Couple of things:
1) All postings automatically expire 16 hours before game time, so that would be 3am for night games, and around 9pm for day games. At that point you get an email saying you still own your tickets.
2) You have to post a price at least face value for that ticket if it was bought by a "walk-in" customer at the box office. That means an $18 ticket will have a minimum price on the "exchange" for $20.70 due to the automatic 15% surcharge on top of the price you post. So lower level tix are usually more expensive on the site by definition. It's a marketplace and the cheapest tix for a particular section will likely go first.

Steelrod
03-28-2006, 04:21 AM
It's the beauty of free enterprise. The price is set by the seller. If he overprices the market, it doesn't sell. It works both ways. If he eats some games and profits on others, it balances. Beats the hell out of the north side's ticket broker business which sets the price, with the sheep following in line.
I'm sure the Sox make some of the ticketmaster fees, but are not gouging. I for one have no problem with people who make an investment in tickets reaping some rewards. Having eaten more than my share of tickets over the years makes me feel this way. On the other hand, I plan on using almost all my tickets and will only sell when impossible to go.
There's rarely middle ground. It's either feast or famine!

Milw
03-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Anybody checked out the Ticket Exchange (http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox) lately? There's about 5,000 tickets being sold, but none of them have dates ...

The date on the game is literally listed as "Wed. , ," :?:

There's some decently priced tickets, but I have no idea what game they're actually for ...

Steelrod
03-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I got the same result. Makes it kinda hard to buy or sell. I assume there's a glitch in the system. Hopefully, it will get straightened out soon.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 09:28 AM
I got the same result. Makes it kinda hard to buy or sell. I assume there's a glitch in the system. Hopefully, it will get straightened out soon.

rut ro!

maybe this will bring down the prices a little since opening day is approaching. i bet ticket prices start falling. there have been 98-100 tickets listed for the past 5 days. it doesn't seem like they're selling.

SouthSideSoxFan
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM

Last year I sold a bunch through the Ticket Exchange. When I sold for around face value (which was less than all the other listings) the tickets usually sold instantly.

So, some people do sell tickets there cheap, they just get bought quickly so all you see are the high-priced tickets which sell slowly or not at all. I see the same behavior at StubHub and eBay, the markets seem to be working.

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM

I just went on there and it seems to be working fine. The first screen lists every home date and the # of tickets available for that date with a button that says "View listings". When I click on the button I see all the tickets for sale listed by price.