PDA

View Full Version : Re-entering

THEBIGHURT35
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Do you guys no if you can go back into the park if you leave? Because my friends and I are going to the game Wednesday, and we want to get the trophy but we don't want to stay in the park.

pearso66
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
As far as I know, once you leave, you are out for good.

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Do you guys no if you can go back into the park if you leave? Because my friends and I are going to the game Wednesday, and we want to get the trophy but we don't want to stay in the park.

:?:

Sounds like you want to leave and not come back.

Anyway, once you leave the park, you can't get back in. Otherwise you'd have 5,000 people a game filing out, grabbing a cheapo snack in their cars, swilling some hooch, etc., then coming back into the park, depriving the team of much needed income.

CLR01
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
:?:

Sounds like you want to leave and not come back.

Anyway, once you leave the park, you can't get back in. Otherwise you'd have 5,000 people a game filing out, grabbing a cheapo snack in their cars, swilling some hooch, etc., then coming back into the park, depriving the team of much needed income.

Yeah his wording is confusng. I think he wants to get there early, enter the stadium to get the trophy then go back and hang out in the PL.

champagne030
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM

When is the last time you went to a Sox game? I've been going for 27 years and I cannot remember a time when that was allowed.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah his wording is confusng. I think he wants to get there early, enter the stadium to get the trophy then go back and hang out in the PL.

It also appears as if he wants to steal the trophy.

CLR01
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
It also appears as if he wants to steal the trophy.

Well duh! Who doesn't want to get drunk with the WS trophy in the shadow of Comiskey?

kittle42
03-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Ironic error, as it is the answer to his own question! :D:

Edward
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Sounds like he wants to make sure he gets his free trophy, then go back to the parking lot and booze/eat and not pay ballpark prices an hour before the game. But im pretty sure you can't get re-entry

koch44
03-27-2006, 10:05 PM
You shouldn't worry about that, it'll probably be cold enough to wear a big winter coat, and you'll be able to stuff everything you need in it before entering the park.

Edward
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
You shouldn't worry about that, it'll probably be cold enough to wear a big winter coat, and you'll be able to stuff everything you need in it before entering the park.

Good idea, that shouldn't even be in teal.

chisoxfanatic
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM

If you're a guy or an imposing female, they'll search you.

Edward
03-27-2006, 10:35 PM

Me and my old man went to a Cleveland game in Sept. (Crede Clutch Win) and we managed to sneak in a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicuddys... Sp?? They didn't search either of us. Is it just that they search people with large coats on?

MySoxAreClean
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Me and my old man went to a Cleveland game in Sept. (Crede Clutch Win) and we managed to sneak in a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicuddys... Sp?? They didn't search either of us. Is it just that they search people with large coats on?

I hope This is Not The Father And son Who ran onto the field and Attack TOM Gamboa , IS This William Ligue Jr? on WSI

LuvSox
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM

The Bandwagon is officially full

Brian26
03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
The Bandwagon is officially full

Hahaha. :D:

Brian26
03-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Honestly, if the Sox even contemplated for a moment the possibility of people allowed to re-enter with a ticket stub, what would prevent people from entering the park and then dropping their ticket stubs over the ramps to people outside. This is a no-brainer.

DumpJerry
03-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Actually, the answer is "yes, you can." It's real simple. Buy two tickets for yourself for the game, use one to go in and do what it is you want to do and then leave to do whatever it is you need to do outside. Then use your second ticket to go back in.

If you buy three tickets for yourself, then you can enter and leave twice!:smile:

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 09:24 AM
no

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 10:56 AM

That's why they invented backpacks. You just hold it open, they glance in and say "ok" and you walk right through.

soxinem1
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM
When is the last time you went to a Sox game? I've been going for 27 years and I cannot remember a time when that was allowed.

I remember during the all day rain delay against the Rangers in 1990 they actually let people go and come back, but that was an extreme. I don't think any major sporting event allows re-entry.

Frater Perdurabo
03-28-2006, 11:03 AM
At the Rangers' home stadium, formerly known as the Ballpark in Arlington (I refuse to call it by it's new moniker, bought by a predatory mortgage lender), you can leave and re-enter. First you find the "leave for re-entry" gate. You have the attendant scan the bar code on your ticket. Then you leave, pick up what you left behind in your vehicle, and then return through the regular line where they re-scan your ticket for re-entry. Other than (potentially) the readout on their handheld scanner, the ticket taker has no way of knowing if you left and re-entered. Consequently, of course, your bags have to be re-inspected. Obviously drunk people most certainly would not be admitted.

There's no reason why this couldn't work at the Cell.

InContention
03-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I remember during the all day rain delay against the Rangers in 1990 they actually let people go and come back, but that was an extreme. I don't think any major sporting event allows re-entry.

wow I remember that day! It was a Sunday! viva las 'Straight-A/Perfect Attendance' tickets! :bandance:

do the Sox still give those out?

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 11:41 AM

same here. Both stadiums ............. youve NEVER been able to do this.
There was a moment in chicago sports history when this fact was challenged however .....................
Anyone remember the Sunday game at The Urinal in June 1999? About 38,000 left during the rain delay, and headed over to HiTops, Murphys, FlubbyBear .......and when the game suddenly restarted a few hours later, thousands of Sheep stumbled and stampeded back across the street and tried to bumrush the gates and re-enter??? Remember how the Thousands of Sheep, all drunk from drinking all day and now angry began to Yell and Get Violent and the Flubs had to call extra police to the gates, resulting in a huge commotion outside that could be heard inside the park?

Remember how the Media turned the situation around and made a big deal that The Sheep werent allowed back in, (conveniently overlooking the near Drunk Riot at the gates with police being called to intervene) and shouldve been allowed in and and there were interviews with "long time season ticket holders" who were angered by the move that had about 1,000 SOX fans left in the stadium?

So yeah, this has been a long-standing policy in Chicago Baseball ......
You leave, you cant re-enter. In fact, its posted at all the gates when you leave.

TornLabrum
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
You leave, you cant re-enter.

Isn't that a corollary to Fudd's First Law?

Tekijawa
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM

What if you're both? :?:

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Isn't that a corollary to Fudd's First Law?

heh heh

skottyj242
03-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Honestly, if the Sox even contemplated for a moment the possibility of people allowed to re-enter with a ticket stub, what would prevent people from entering the park and then dropping their ticket stubs over the ramps to people outside. This is a no-brainer.

They should use the same technology for the suites, they give you a hologram stamp on your hand that only can be viewed through a black light. I'm not saying that everyone should be able to do this but there certainly some extreme cases where this should be allowable. Obviously going to eat and drink for cheap in the parking lot is not one of them.

Also if you were able to enler/leave/re-enter what would stop anyone from getting a couple of the promotional give-a-ways? Just get the trophy, leave, get back in line, get another trophy, leave, get another.......

Domeshot17
03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Also if you were able to enler/leave/re-enter what would stop anyone from getting a couple of the promotional give-a-ways? Just get the trophy, leave, get back in line, get another trophy, leave, get another.......

hey can you grab me one while you're at it, Ill pull the same scam and get ya a ring on tuesday and we can trade!

In seriousness though, watch out about sneaking [booze] in because security watches for it. During game 2 of the alds this guy a few rows infront of me got thrown out for brining in some vodka and pouring it in his coke.

Law11
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM

It is allowed.
You have to exit through I believe the gate at the 1st base side.
they stamp your hand and you can re-enter.

I had to do it last year after leaving some medication in the car I needed to take.

It was a very specific spot right down to the turnstyle that i had to re-enter through.

Dan Mega
03-28-2006, 12:20 PM
So if someone wants to get a ticket to just get in to get a give-away but not actually watch the game, isn't that just a waste of tickets?

This isn't the Urinal. You buy Sox tickets to attend and cheer for the Sox, in the stadium, the entire game.

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 12:20 PM
I had to do it last year after leaving some medication in the car I needed to take.

http://www.3dhospitality.com/public_html/images/seagrams_gin.jpg

:wink:

steff
03-28-2006, 01:09 PM

No. It's an exaggerated policy that is rarely inforced.

THEBIGHURT35
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
To all you guys who don't think I am soxfan you are way wrong, I have been a die hard soxfan my whole life. All I was asking to do was leave and come back because we like to tailgate with all the other soxfans. We play bags, drink beer, and cook. We always get into the game on time. I am not the loser drunk that ran onto the field and attacked the KC coach

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
As far as I know, once you leave, you are out for good.

At Game 2 of the ALCS, my cousin got sick and they did allow her to leave and let someone else take her place before the game started.

Jerko
03-28-2006, 02:59 PM
My buddy had to use the phone once at the Cell and for some reason he didn't want to use my cellphone. A guard told him to go outside (the phones in the bullpen bar didn't work) and use one out there. I butted in and said "make sure he gets back in, no?" Sure enough, the first guard left, the 2nd guy wouldn't let my buddy back in. Moral of the story: The rules are probably different depending on who is working where on any given day. Some will let you back in, some won't. Who knows, the rules may be tighter this year??? Don't assume anything and expect less.

Jjav829
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM

Know, I don't no but I would guess that you can't.

Stoky44
03-28-2006, 09:31 PM

Leave the park for what reason should be the question. For 99% of the time if you leave the park you are not coming back in with the same ticket. However, my girlfriend is a diabetic and she needed to get extra insulin from her car. The both of us walked out of the park and were allowed to re-enter.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-28-2006, 09:35 PM
http://www.3dhospitality.com/public_html/images/seagrams_gin.jpg

:wink:

The man said medication, not poison.
Here ya's go:
http://www.davidsanger.com/images/ireland/4-900-1434.whiskey.y.jpg

thomas35forever
03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I never thought I'd have to do this but:threadsucks

Anyone who's been to a sporting event should know that if you leave the stadium, you can't re-enter except for special circumstances. Forgive me if I'm sounding rude.

Hangar18
03-29-2006, 09:01 AM
To all you guys who don't think I am soxfan you are way wrong, I have been a die hard soxfan my whole life. All I was asking to do was leave and come back because we like to tailgate with all the other soxfans. We play bags, drink beer, and cook. We always get into the game on time. I am not the loser drunk that ran onto the field and attacked the KC coach

Its all good man ...........

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
The man said medication, not poison.
Here ya's go:
http://www.davidsanger.com/images/ireland/4-900-1434.whiskey.y.jpg

I stand by my original post.:redneck