PDA

View Full Version : Cubs sign Benes

RichH55
01-16-2002, 05:23 PM
Alan Benes goes to the Cubs on a minor league deal....nothing earth shattering, but one of those low risk moves that doesnt cost you anything and could have a nice payoff, Benes could really get a shot there without Tapani, and the inevitable decline of Bere and the lack of a nailed down 5th starter in that rotation

duke of dorwood
01-16-2002, 08:23 PM
With the exception of Alou, these Cub signings this year amount to nothing more than a body count. BUT they stay in the headlines, dont they.

Vsahajpal
01-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Alan Benes goes to the Cubs on a minor league deal....nothing earth shattering, but one of those low risk moves that doesnt cost you anything and could have a nice payoff, Benes could really get a shot there without Tapani, and the inevitable decline of Bere and the lack of a nailed down 5th starter in that rotation

I agree, its not a huge move at all, but he could come in and replace TVP, or move Sanchez and Tavarez to the bullpen for good.

Daver
01-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I agree, its not a huge move at all, but he could come in and replace TVP, or move Sanchez and Tavarez to the bullpen for good.

Wouldn't the Cubs be better off if they moved Tavarez to another teams bullpen?

:)

Vsahajpal
01-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Tavarez for Borchard :)

at least if y'all get in a fight with Detroit, you'll have a 3rd degree black belt martial artist.

Daver
01-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Tavarez for Borchard

at least if y'all get in a fight with Detroit, you'll have a 3rd degree black belt martial artist.

No thanx,but maybe I will bring my bow to the park for the next Tigers game,it might give the Sox an edge in any brawl.