PDA

View Full Version : Pods pulled today because of groin twinge

SOecks
03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Talking about it now on ESPN 1000. There's some concern with the surgery he had in the offseason but Levine is now talking about Ozuna leading off on opening day. Lets hope not.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Talking about it now on ESPN 1000. There's some concern with the surgery he had in the offseason but Levine is now talking about Ozuna leading off on opening day. Lets hope not.

*nervous shuddering*

JUribe1989
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Regardless of what happens, we still have our World Series!

TaylorStSox
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
I've been concerned about him since the end of last year. From what I've seen in ST, he's lacked explosiveness on the basepaths. A guy that relies on speed can get old in a hurry, especially when facing injury.

TaylorStSox
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
I've been concerned about him since the end of last year. From what I've seen in ST, he's lacked explosiveness on the basepaths. A guy that relies on speed can get old in a hurry, especially when facing injury.

I'll save some time for some of you...
:darkclouds:

TheDarkGundam
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow, I don't think i've ever seen someone post the dark cloud tag after their own post!

Anyway, so is all this because of some surgery or is this because of Blanco?

34rancher
03-27-2006, 05:55 PM
As someone who had a hernia surgury, I can tell you he will feel twinges for a year. It is normal.

patbooyah
03-27-2006, 05:57 PM
As someone who had a hernia surgury, I can tell you he will feel twinges for a year. It is normal.

how serious are these twinges? is it something that will keep him out for a while, or just something that he'll occasionally feel but isn't terrible, like when you sleep on your neck wrong?

KRS1
03-27-2006, 06:02 PM

In all due respect, sports hernia and hernia are two different problems that require two different( although similar) surgerys. Also, I would have to believe Pods got the best possible medical care, and underwent a much more extensive and laboring rehab than you did. Comparing injuries and/or surgerys we may have had to a professional athlete can be useful interms of what happens, but can also be very misguided.

34rancher
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
how serious are these twinges? is it something that will keep him out for a while, or just something that he'll occasionally feel but isn't terrible, like when you sleep on your neck wrong?
Mine have never been serious enough to prevent me from doing anything. It is just sometimes feels like if you haven't worked out in a while, you do, and then there is just a slight tightnesses/soreness. Nothing that would prevent me from doing anything though. Several people I know who have had the same surgury had the same feeling. Remember, he had a double surgury a few months ago...they are being safe.

TaylorStSox
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Another thing that concerns me is that Pods isn't exactly the fastest 70 SB guy ever. He steals alot of bases because he's a very good baserunner. So, IMO, Pods losing a step is a bigger deal than when other burners have lost a step.

*obligatory dark cloud post*

:chickenlittle

34rancher
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
In all due respect, sports hernia and hernia are two different problems that require two different( although similar) surgerys. Also, I would have to believe Pods got the best possible medical care, and underwent a much more extensive and laboring rehab than you did. Comparing injuries and/or surgerys we may have had to a professional athlete can be useful interms of what happens, but can also be very misguided.
I completely agree...no offense taken (but trust me my rehab was about as good as can be). Mine was a sports hernia....

I also think Pods is in way better shape than I was when he had his surgury. I also suspect that being a professional athlete will help him recover faster...

Edit: I also have 100% faith in Herm to decide things...

KRS1
03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I completely agree...no offense taken (but trust me my rehab was about as good as can be). Mine was a sports hernia....

I also think Pods is in way better shape than I was when he had his surgury. I also suspect that being a professional athlete will help him recover faster...

Edit: I also have 100% faith in Herm to decide things...

Also, in addition to what shape you are in, age and time of surgery(1996 compared to 2006) both are very important to how one recovers.

34rancher
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Also, in addition to what shape you are in, age and time of surgery(1996 compared to 2006) both are very important to how one recovers.
I have to think that having his wife playing nurse to him might help also. :cool:

I am sure that Pods will be ok. If not, I have never seen anyone that I would trust more to recuperate and injury more than Herm.

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Folks:

It's Bruce Levine remember...the same guy who said Frank would never play again and then that Frank wouldn't be back until July.

:rolleyes:

Lip

KRS1
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
I have to think that having his wife playing nurse to him might help also. :cool:

I am sure that Pods will be ok. If not, I have never seen anyone that I would trust more to recuperate and injury more than Herm.

Funny thing, I was thinking having a wife like Pods' might actually inhibit the healing of his groin injury.:cower:

soxfanatlanta
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Funny thing, I was thinking having a wife like Pods' might actually inhibit the healing of his groin injury.:cower:

I don't like where this is going.

I'm not going to flip out; other posters made great posts about the type of medical care, his conditioning, and his...ehem...rehab work. I will say, "Here's to a speedy recovery!"
:gulp:

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
According to a story on White Sox.com, he 'tweeked' (No not the South Park character!) his groin running from first to second on his double in the 3rd inning. He's listed as 'day to day' (so are we all!) Ozzie said he's working through scar tissue.

He was removed to be safe...no sense taking chances this late in the spring.

Lip

BeviBall!
03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Just as long as Doug Rader is far from the team the rest of this week. No more home plate collisions.

SoxFan76
03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
The "Blanco takes out Pods" thread is pretty embarassing. The play didn't look dirty at all, and Podsednik wasn't even hurt on that play.

Frater Perdurabo
03-28-2006, 10:21 AM
No dark clouds here, but if KW is still in a mood to further improve the roster and provide a seasoned leadoff hitter to back up Pods, he might think about acquiring the Rangers' David Dellucci.

With Brad Wilkerson in the fold, in addition to Kevin Mench, the Rangers have too many left fielders. The Rangers are said to be shopping Dellucci since they acquired Wilkerson specifically to be their leadoff hitter.

Dellucci only hit .251 last year but had an OBP of .367 (Pods had a .351 OBP last year) because he took 76 walks (10th in the A.L. in less than full-time duty; Pods took 47 walks in 2005).

Dellucci is nothing like Pods - only five steals last season - but he did hit 29 homers in admittedly lefty hitter-friendly Arlington. Here's the kicker: he'd have negligible impact on the payroll since he only made $850,000 last season and is signed to the same deal this year!

KW ought to be able to acquire Dellucci for prospects. He would provide valuable insurance for left field and the leadoff spot. With Cintron and Mackowiak, Ozuna might be expendable to make room for Dellucci.

Iwritecode
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
The "Blanco takes out Pods" thread is pretty embarassing. The play didn't look dirty at all, and Podsednik wasn't even hurt on that play.

I was thinking the same thing. I finally saw the play during the replay last night and the only reason Blanco moved was because the throw was so far off. Pods wasn't even limping as he walked back to the dugout...

Domeshot17
03-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Yup, simple over reaction. The funny thing though is Cubs fans were the exact same way. I went to my uncle's house to get a birthday present and he said " Podsednik toar his knee or groin up hes done" and I check my phone and see he felt a slight twinge. But My uncle kept insisting Blanco had ended Pods career. I just thanked him for the mini keg he got me for birthday, put my world serie hat on, and left.

The Maddux play was more dirty than Blanco (Thome homers, PK rips a line out, then Dye gets hit) but can you really call a 78 mph fastball a message pitch?

The first guy that came to mind was if we were without Pods for some time would be
http://www.minorleaguenews.com/graphics/baseball/Graphics/2004FAB50/players/Gathright_sm.jpg

MsSoxVixen22
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Regardless of what happened yesterday..(and I still think what Blanco did was kinda dirty) I hope Pods is 100% for the regular season. We can't afford to loose him. We went into a "funk" the last time Pods was on the DL. Whatever happens I have faith that Herm, KW and Ozzie will do the right thing! :)

Lip Man 1
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Frater:

With respect the Sox need relief pitching help more then a back-up lead off man. In a pinch Ozuna or Mack can handle it.

Lip

Xx i am error xX
03-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Would Ozuna really be leading off if Scotty went down? I haven't checked the numbers, and I know neither are that great, but wouldn't Cintron be a better choice than Pablo? I know I'd feel more comfortable with that....

INSox56
03-28-2006, 12:45 PM
We'll see...could be like someone has said before....it might be just working through some scar tissue.

Chez
03-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Would Ozuna really be leading off if Scotty went down? I haven't checked the numbers, and I know neither are that great, but wouldn't Cintron be a better choice than Pablo? I know I'd feel more comfortable with that....

Except Ozuna can play left (not very well; but he can play it). I think Cintron is strictly an infielder.

DickAllen72
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Ozuna might be expendable to make room for Dellucci.

Yeah, let's get rid of our only other speed guy so we could slow down the team even more.

SweetnesSox
03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
arent we acting a little like cub fans freaking out about injuries that we don't even know the extent of? We should all relax because we know that the cubs are the one on...
http://www.facetious.org/cubnation/br.jpg

DickAllen72
03-28-2006, 01:08 PM
arent we acting a little like cub fans freaking out about injuries that we don't even know the extent of? We should all relax because we know that the cubs are the one on...

That's good! :rolling:

Jjav829
03-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Mackowiak would be the best choice, but Ozzie feels that Ozuna has to be in there when Pods is injured. If Pods isn't able to go, and Ozzie does want to use Ozuna, it sure as hell better be in left field. Last year he always sat Crede and puts Ozuna at 3rd. That better not be the case this year.

SOecks
03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I just heard a quote from Pods on the score saying that he might need 1-2 months off to get it all better. Please tell me that I heard this wrong.

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I just heard a quote from Pods on the score saying that he might need 1-2 months off to get it all better. Please tell me that I heard this wrong.

:o:

TaylorStSox
03-28-2006, 02:30 PM

Nobody's freakin out. Some of us are being realistic. Pods hasn't been the same since the 1st half of last year.

MsSoxVixen22
03-28-2006, 03:30 PM

I think DJ puts it best.....Uh-Oh!

BeviBall!
03-28-2006, 03:34 PM
They said he could have played today... I'm not going to sweat until his name comes crawling along on the DL ticker.

This is why we god Mackowiak. You don't have to run windsprints after Thome homers you in.

white sox bill
03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
I had a ingunial (sp?) hernia to end my summer 2 yrs ago. Had the mesh plug and patch and the Doc said in 2 weeks, do anything you want--no restrictions. I waited until the 6 week window to be safe, then I was squating and deadlifting my you know what off--all w/no problems. Its normal to feel that "twinge" every so often, it doesn't hurt, it just feels "funny". No sweat here :)

SOecks
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I SCREWED UP. The 1-2 month thing was referring to Dustin Hermanson and not Pods. He's still questionable for opening day but not going to be out for that long. Whew. Sorry about that.

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I SCREWED UP. The 1-2 month thing was referring to Dustin Hermanson and not Pods. He's still questionable for opening day but not going to be out for that long. Whew. Sorry about that.

*breaths sigh of relief*

*throws rock at SOecks*

:tongue:

Chez
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM

So I can put down the defibrillator?

delben91
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
*throws rock at SOecks*

*picks up rock and throws it again*

:cool:

HotelWhiteSox
03-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I am semi worried. I don't want him to be rushed. I have learned my lesson about freaking out though, with Buerhle and his foot last year. It worries me because of his trade, but we'll see. Last update I heard on ESPN Radio has him 'questionable' for opening night

Chisox003
03-28-2006, 06:05 PM
*picks up rock and throws it again* *kicks rock to the side, hits Soecks with bat repeatedly*

Too far?

Gotta get healthy Pods, we need ya

And if he can't go Sunday, who else wants to see Pablo out there? Guy makes things happen

Edit: Maybe I should've read the suggestions first

dickallen15
03-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Mackowiak would be the best choice, but Ozzie feels that Ozuna has to be in there when Pods is injured. If Pods isn't able to go, and Ozzie does want to use Ozuna, it sure as hell better be in left field. Last year he always sat Crede and puts Ozuna at 3rd. That better not be the case this year.

Ozuna would be leading off opening night because Sabbathia is a left hander.

Hawkeroo1980
03-28-2006, 06:17 PM
on MJH tonight at around 5:50 they were talkin about pods being out possibly 3-5 or 4-6...

anyone else heard this?

Lip Man 1
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
3-5 or 4-6 WHAT? Days...weeks...months.

Folks, the White Sox say he's fine, no big deal....why don't we all just wait until the Sox say something different OK? instead of the media...the White Sox KNOW what's up, the media, unless the Sox have told them something directly are just speculating right now.

I was surprised he wasn't in the lineup today considering the stories said yesterday that he 'could' be, but again, why take any chances.

Lip

TaylorStSox
03-28-2006, 06:39 PM

Folks, the White Sox say he's fine, no big deal....why don't we all just wait until the Sox say something different OK? instead of the media...the White Sox KNOW what's up, the media, unless the Sox have told them something directly are just speculating right now.

I was surprised he wasn't in the lineup today considering the stories said yesterday that he 'could' be, but again, why take any chances.

Lip

The Sox say he's fine, but he hasn't looked fine for a long time. I'll hold out judgement, but IMO it's a position that should have been addressed in the off season.

StockdaleForVeep
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Mine have never been serious enough to prevent me from doing anything. It is just sometimes feels like if you haven't worked out in a while, you do, and then there is just a slight tightnesses/soreness. Nothing that would prevent me from doing anything though. Several people I know who have had the same surgury had the same feeling. Remember, he had a double surgury a few months ago...they are being safe.

Yes but to be honest, you dont depend on running full speed multiple times in a 2-3 hour span do you? My concern would be that the fact a twinge may occur may cause pods to hold up cuz who the hell wants to get hurt again in the groin

Hawkeroo1980
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM

Lip

sorry---weeks 3-5 4-6 weeks. PURELY SPECULATION.

I just want to know how much to invest in the speculation, thats why i had wondered if anyone else had heard similiar reports

beckett21
03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Not my area of expertise, but soft tissue injuries in general can be unpredictable. He's not even 6 months removed from surgery yet, so nothing here sounds unusual to me.

Better not to rush him; if he feels a twinge, let him rest. I'm not too worried yet. Plus, the Sox have the best trainer in all of MLB.

Let him rest a couple days a week for the first month until the weather warms up; no need to risk re-injury. Especially not in spring training.

patbooyah
03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
i love when el doctor checks in with heartening news

beckett21
03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
i love when el doctor checks in with heartening news

Glad to do what I can, with the usual disclaimers of course. :redneck

Stoky44
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
The Sox say he's fine, but he hasn't looked fine for a long time. I'll hold out judgement, but IMO it's a position that should have been addressed in the off season.
I have to disagree with you on this one. What we should have replaced an all star and the spark plug of our offense? The sox thought he would be fine after the surgery, which you can't blame them for. Its not like the Pods is a pitcher and having reconstructive arm surgery, I mean Dye had the same surgery and he came back fine.
If you are going to get over the sox for not addressing issues, they should have looked into pen help, the assumtion that Hermi would be fine was a big if and a gamble. But every team has to take those gambles unless you have a $200 mil payroll. The winners have to be both good and lucky, like us last year. Another issue could be CF, but to blame KEnny/Sox for not addressing the all star LF/ spark plug of our offense is crazy. It may seem easy with 20/20 hindsight, but if I knew what I know now about Pods 3 months ago I don't know if I would still have made a move. Pods is not having a career or season ending injury. To me their are bigger issues on this team, though every team has isssues. I still like our chances to make the playoffs again in 06.

goon
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
it's odd...

from what i heard, podsednik strained his groin going into second base on a double he hit, BUT, running around the bases after that and scoring he SEEMED to be running fine, EVEN after he made contact with Blanco. i'm thinking he is just way too self-conscious of re-injuring himself and it's all in his head. this would be a good thing because he has been hammering the ball, all he needs to do is get on base and try not to hurt himself too much running around, just ease yourself back into the game pods.

Lip Man 1
03-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Story tonight on the Tribune web site quoting Pods as saying MRI shows strain. Possibly as Ozzie said breaking scar tissue. Not sure about Sunday night but he'll try to play in Atlanta and take it from there.

No where in the story is anything remotely close to 3-6 weeks being mentioned.

Ozzie still feels it's no big deal.

Lip

gobears1987
03-28-2006, 09:38 PM
IF he feels fine playing in Atlanta this week, then I say no worries.

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 06:06 AM
There is an article in the Herald today talking about the situation.

Podsednik was bothered by a similar injury during the second half of last season, and he underwent hernia surgery in late November to repair the problem.

Now, heís reliving the same nightmare.

ďItís a different area,íí Podsednik said of his groin strain. ďItís a little lower down in more of the muscle belly, which is better. Itís just frustrating because Iíve been working on trying to prevent this particular injury, and then you go out and it happens.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sportsstory.asp?id=171979

Beer Can Chicken
03-29-2006, 07:25 AM
The Tribune is reporting that Pods missing Opening Night is a very real possibility.

Frater Perdurabo
03-29-2006, 08:10 AM
The Tribune is reporting that Pods missing Opening Night is a very real possibility.

See dickallen15's post above. Ozzie typically sits Pods against left-handed pitchers, and C.C. Sabathia, a lefty, is scheduled to pitch for Cleveland.

Leave it to the Cubune to omit that fact.

Nevertheless, if Texas is shopping David Dellucci, I still think the Sox should go after him as a back OF/DH who has a fierce left-handed bat (29 homers in 2005) off the bench who has experience leading off (.367 OBP in 2005). He also knows how to coax a walk (10th in the AL in 2005). FWIW I'd rather have Dellucci than Gload, and at about $850,000, he won't cost much more payroll dollars than Gload.

Hitmen77
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Nevertheless, if Texas is shopping David Dellucci, I still think the Sox should go after him as a back OF/DH who has a fierce left-handed bat (29 homers in 2005) off the bench who has experience leading off (.367 OBP in 2005). He also knows how to coax a walk (10th in the AL in 2005). FWIW I'd rather have Dellucci than Gload, and at about $850,000, he won't cost much more payroll dollars than Gload.

But, who would the Sox have to give up to get him?

If Pods goes on the DL for an extended period of time, isn't Ryan Sweeney a possible option to take his place in LF?

Frater Perdurabo
03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
But, who would the Sox have to give up to get him?

If Pods goes on the DL for an extended period of time, isn't Ryan Sweeney a possible option to take his place in LF?

Randar or Daver can better speak to Sweeney's ability to fill in for Pods should Pods have to go on the DL.

Dellucci no longer is in the Rangers' plans. They acquired Brad Wilkerson (in the Soriano trade) specifically to lead off. Wilkerson doesn't have much of an arm and is most suited for left field. The problem is that the Rangers already have a left fielder, Kevin Mench. Dellucci also is best suited for left field. The Rangers have no need for three left fielders. They also have Phil Nevin signed to a rather hefty contract to DH. He's not going to sit so Dellucci can DH.

The Rangers probably would be happy to get two mid-level prospects for Dellucci.

Who would we rather have on the bench? Dellucci, who in 2005 hit 29 homers in less than 450 ABs, with 70+ walks and a .367 OBP? Or Ross AAAA Gload?

Jjav829
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
See dickallen15's post above. Ozzie typically sits Pods against left-handed pitchers, and C.C. Sabathia, a lefty, is scheduled to pitch for Cleveland.

If Pods sits on opening day, it will strictly be because he is injured. There is no reason that any of the regulars should sit opening day, unless they simply can't go. Besides, the reason that Pods would sit when the Sox faced lefties at times last year was because that was when Ozzie felt it best to give Pods a day off. Pods hit lefties tremendously well last year. The only reason he sat is because stealing off lefties is a bit harder.

Lip Man 1
03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
White Sox.com has a new story on this. This is from Scot Gregor the author..."But Podsednik's current setback does not seem as troublesome as the problem that landed him on the disabled for much of August in 2005. He simply needs to build up his at-bats and to block out any doubts caused by the injury rising up again."

Plus Ozzie quoted in the article as saying that despite projected temperatures of 40 degress :o: Sunday night if Pods can play, he will play... weather be dammed.

Lip

Beer Can Chicken
03-29-2006, 07:43 PM

With all due repsect, it's Opening Day, Pods isnt sitting because of the matchup. You put your best line-up out there.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-30-2006, 12:24 PM
The White Sox bullpen is in shambles right now, placing a big load of worry and work on the doorstep of Don Cooper. One thing that they can count on is not having Dustin Hermanson (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/hermadu01.php). Hermanson is out until at least mid-season, and sources indicate that even that is optimistic. Hermansonís continued back problems are not improving, while Hermanson himself thinks that retirement is his next best option if rest and treatment donít work.
Brandon McCarthy (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/mccarbr01.php) now becomes a key contributor, whether heís a closer, starter, or trade fodder to fill in the blanks for an otherwise solid White Sox roster.

The team is also considering starting the season with Scott Podsednik (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/podsesc01.php) on the DL. Podsednik was diagnosed with a strained groin, and the team expects to be very conservative with their speed merchant.

Chisox003
03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
The White Sox bullpen is in shambles right now, placing a big load of worry and work on the doorstep of Don Cooper. One thing that they can count on is not having Dustin Hermanson (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/hermadu01.php). Hermanson is out until at least mid-season, and sources indicate that even that is optimistic. Hermansonís continued back problems are not improving, while Hermanson himself thinks that retirement is his next best option if rest and treatment donít work.
Brandon McCarthy (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/mccarbr01.php) now becomes a key contributor, whether heís a closer, starter, or trade fodder to fill in the blanks for an otherwise solid White Sox roster.

The team is also considering starting the season with Scott Podsednik (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/podsesc01.php) on the DL. Podsednik was diagnosed with a strained groin, and the team expects to be very conservative with their speed merchant.

Luke
03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
If I had tyo choose, I suppose it's better to have him injured or on the DL for the begining of the season as opposed to end. With as many days off as there are in ealy April, it would be nice to rest him as much as possible.

Hitmen77
03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Brandon McCarthy (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/mccarbr01.php) now becomes a key contributor, whether heís a closer, starter, or trade fodder to fill in the blanks for an otherwise solid White Sox roster. ...

Who is Will Carroll?

While I do have concerns about the Sox bullpen. I can't see how someone can say that a bullpen that has Cotts, Pollite, Logan, Jenks and McCarthy is "in shambles."

Yes, I'm concerned about Jenks and McCarthy's performance this spring - and Logan's lack of experience. But to say at this point in time that our bullpen is in shambles is idiotic.

Sorry for the :hijacked: - i know this thread is about Pods - but I just had to comment on that statement because it seemed over the top.

EastCoastSoxFan
03-30-2006, 01:47 PM
The White Sox bullpen is in shambles right now
I'm sure there are plenty of teams around baseball that would love to have our shambles...

SouthSide_HitMen
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Who is Will Carroll?

While I do have concerns about the Sox bullpen. I can't see how someone can say that a bullpen that has Cotts, Pollite, Logan, Jenks and McCarthy is "in shambles."

Yes, I'm concerned about Jenks and McCarthy's performance this spring - and Logan's lack of experience. But to say at this point in time that our bullpen is in shambles is idiotic.

Sorry for the :hijacked: - i know this thread is about Pods - but I just had to comment on that statement because it seemed over the top.

He reports on injuries for BP. I do agree with our posters that the bullpen is not "in shambles" since we have three very good pitchers (Cotts Pollite and McCarthy) and one hopefully excellent (Jenks - I think he will do fine as long as Ozzie / Cooper / Kusnyer and Man Soo Lee (if need be) stay on his fat ass and make sure he gets back into shape.

I do agree with Carroll regarding Hermanson being a big loss and hopefully he will come back for the second half. The 8 pitcher tryout we had and the performance of those pitchers were a debacle but none will be with the big club next month.

I just hope the good pitchers (all starters & the 4 relievers) are not overworked. I rather lose a game a month due to blown relief appearances than a couple pitchers. Ozzie did an excellent job managing the staff last year and I expect him to do the same in 2006.

Hitmen77
03-30-2006, 02:19 PM
He reports on injuries for BP. I do agree with our posters that the bullpen is not "in shambles" since we have three very good pitchers (Cotts Pollite and McCarthy) and one hopefully excellent (Jenks - I think he will do fine as long as Ozzie / Cooper / Kusnyer and Man Soo Lee (if need be) stay on his fat ass and make sure he gets back into shape.

I do agree with Carroll regarding Hermanson being a big loss and hopefully he will come back for the second half. The 8 pitcher tryout we had and the performance of those pitchers were a debacle but none will be with the big club next month.

I just hope the good pitchers (all starters & the 4 relievers) are not overworked. I rather lose a game a month due to blown relief appearances than a couple pitchers. Ozzie did an excellent job managing the staff last year and I expect him to do the same in 2006.

I agree.

The only comment I have is that the bullpen tryouts weren't a total loss. Boone Logan came out of nowhere and has been very impressive. He's still a big question mark because he's never pitched above A ball. But, I am optimistic about him.

Lip Man 1
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
By all current accounts the White Sox have NO intention of putting Posednik on the DL for a 'slight' twinge.

Please folks stop the stupidity!

Lip

MsSoxVixen22
03-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm listening to the Score right now and from what they're saying Pods is gonna stay behind and play in some minor league games. As for playing Sunday nite, it sounds like it's leaning toward no. If this has been posted already, I apologize!

white sox bill
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm listening to the Score right now and from what they're saying Pods is gonna stay behind and play in some minor league games. As for playing Sunday nite, it sounds like it's leaning toward no. If this has been posted already, I apologize!

Better safe than sorry--we can live without Pods for a couple of games if it means his safe and full return

Lip Man 1
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I understand the desire to play it safe and am not disagreeing with it but I wanted to add something else.

This is just my opinion although Scot Gregor at White Sox.com mentioned the same thing (see my earlier post with the exact quote)...Posednik has to get over the 'mental' aspect of this thing. I'm not saying he's 'jaking it,' but obviously this is not going to be 100% at least in the short term. He has to get over it and play through it.

The sense that I get from reading his comments and those who know him (Schneider's quote say on him being a Porsch and everything has to be just right...) is that he's a little gun shy and maybe a little soft.

Lip