PDA

View Full Version : I really hate ESPN

russ99
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Check out the front page of ESPN today.

Why would anyone headline a MLB season preview about the Cubs?!?!?

I'd expect something like this drivel from the Cubune. You'd think that with the NCAA tournament and everything else going on in sports today, they'd find something relelvant to write about.

Reality check for ESPN - your beloved Cubs and Red Cubs are going absolutely nowhere fast.

Also - I like that the only Sox content is a Gammons piece you need to pay for. Ingrates.

TDog
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Check out the front page of ESPN today.

Why would anyone headline a MLB season preview about the Cubs?!?!? ...

Maybe because there are Cubs fans all over the country and baseball season isn't far away.

MM2112
03-27-2006, 03:04 PM
gotta love how this is the sweet "hard-luck" story...yet we were lucky and cheated to win our WS

and I love the quotes...just show how ridiculous these people are:

And if not? Well, as Jan Bohacek, third in what is now a five-generation Cubs family, put it, they'll just keep on cheering.
"What else is there than the Cubs?" she said. "You're always happy until at least August."

We DESERVE a World Series cause the Red Sox and White Sox won one????? What a joke!

chaotic8512
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Man, it's so pitiful that this fluff, this garbage, is what sells in today's world. You're telling me that these ESPN nutcases are going to make the headline of the day on a team that takes pride in humiliating themselves into believing that all this time, these 98 years of futility, are centered around some mythical curse involving a farm animal?? That two pitchers, that have all the POTENTIAL in the world, but no health, are going to just magically be healthy because.... it's their turn???

I feel sick.

Gotta admit, big surprise though.

TornLabrum
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
gotta love how this is the sweet "hard-luck" story...yet we were lucky and cheated to win our WS

and I love the quotes...just show how ridiculous these people are:

And if not? Well, as Jan Bohacek, third in what is now a five-generation Cubs family, put it, they'll just keep on cheering.
"What else is there than the Cubs?" she said. "You're always happy until at least August."

We DESERVE a World Series cause the Red Sox and White Sox won one????? What a joke!

:tealtutor:

SoxSpeed22
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately, we all knew this was gonna happen. You can't have a team not win a World Series in 97 years going on 98 without it drawing attention, especially after the other two droughts just ended.

maurice
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
To be fair, there are some very funny quotes from pitiful Cub fans who know that their team in doomed for the foreseeable future.

Beer Can Chicken
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
The Cubs are one of the most popular franchises in baseball. It's time to move on, who cares? The article wasn't even flattering.

SoxSpeed22
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
The national pressure I previously mentioned is growing.

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Then don't read it dude if ESPN bothers you so much. By the way, the poll of fans asking how the Cubs will do this season shows 72% of them voting they either miss the post season by a little bit or finish under .500.

Lip

chaerulez
03-27-2006, 06:42 PM
While it doesn't bother me that they put the Cubs on the front page (after all they do have a huge fan base), it's funny that Prior and Wood are pictured. They should at least put a player that isn't going to start the season on the DL. Zambrano and Aramais Ramierez might have been better choices.

Foulke You
03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
"Furthermore, it's not like anyone was predicting the White Sox to win last spring."

-Jim Caple

Ahem, I believe I have two free tickets to Opening Night from MLB.com, Mr Caple! Nobody picked the Sox, eh?:tongue:

Realist
03-28-2006, 08:35 AM
I guess this thread is as good as any to post this little beauty I found.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/srbin84/Untitled-1copy.jpg
CHICAGO CUBS: Towel Throwing Champions Since 2004

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 08:38 AM

You got that from northsidebaseball, right? I saw that there yesterday...

Realist
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
You got that from northsidebaseball, right? I saw that there yesterday...

Yeah, just nabbed it. They've got a few posters over there that are really sharp and have a great sense of humor about being dealt the unfortunate hand of somehow getting the blood disease Cubbyitis.

itsnotrequired
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, just nabbed it. They've got a few posters over there that are really sharp and have a great sense of humor about being dealt the unfortunate hand of somehow getting the blood disease Cubbyitis.

You should checkout 1060west (http://1060west.blogspot.com/). Very critical analysis over there. Despite being a Cubs blog, I read it every day. Very well written and looks at the team without blue glasses on.

fquaye149
03-28-2006, 12:37 PM

(get ready to groan)

Looks like the Cubs are throwing in the towel about a month earlier than usual this year ;-)

Realist
03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
You should checkout 1060west (http://1060west.blogspot.com/). Very critical analysis over there. Despite being a Cubs blog, I read it every day. Very well written and looks at the team without blue glasses on.

Thanks for the link. That guy seems to think like a good Sox fan that somehow got lead astray.