PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand Bob and Len

Edward
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
2 pitches haven't even been thrown yet and the first thing they talk about is:

"The Sox at 7-18 have the worst record in the major leagues"
"Yeah they might have a little World Championship hangover"

Now Iguchi is up and they're talking about how full the park is, and how people started showing up at 11am to see the Cubs. OK this is getting worse as i type this post, now they're talking about how the Cubs lead the majors in spring training home attendance with 10,767, and how they are also first in road attendance with over 8,000. ::Hits Mute Button::

Erik The Red
03-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Their jealousy is palpable. If it wasn't for the delay on the TV feed I would be listening to Ed and Chris.

SOXPHILE
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I didn't think Kasper was all that bad, (outside of his Marvin the Martian voice), but I've never liked Brenley. Now that they've been emerged in Tribco Blue Kool-Aid for a year, they're going to be trying their best to extoll the virtues of anything Cub, even if that means celebrating meaningless spring training games. I expect a full court press on all this stuff this year expecially. The White Sox won the World Series, and the Cubs, well, the suck-fest that is Cub-dumb continues for the 98th year. Some in the Tower don't like this, and feel like they have egg on their face over what has happened over the last couple of years. (Cubs: playoff choke, then miss playoffs, then finish under .500 AGAIN to to contine the tradition), while the Sox, well, we know what happened there.:bandance:

Edward
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
If it wasn't for the delay on the TV feed I would be listening to Ed and Chris.

Yeah i would definitely do the same if I didn't live in the middle of a cornfield with no Chicago radio.

PAPChiSox729
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
This guys are brutal. Now as much of a homer as Hawk is, does he sound this bad to non-Sox fans?

SoxFan76
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
These guys are 10 times the homer Hawk is. BRUTAL!

I noticed the SAME EXACT THING at the start of the game too, Ed.

And yeah, the delay is ridiculous otherwise I'd be listening to Farmer and Singleton.

Erik The Red
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah i would definitely do the same if I didn't live in the middle of a cornfield with no Chicago radio.
The Snore comes in pretty well in DeKalb... or are you trying to say that you don't have a radio handy?

Dick Allen
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
They actually brought up that the Sox have the worst record in SPRING TRAINING?? Like that t-shirt says, beware of stupid people in large groups.:angry:

SOXPHILE
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
They actually brought up that the Sox have the worst record in SPRING TRAINING?? Like that t-shirt says, beware of stupid people in large groups.:angry:

Why would we be surprised ? They've got nothing else. It's all they can hang their hat on, meaningless spring training records. The emperor has no clothes. TribCo. hypes stuff that is worthless, or doesn't exist at all: Cub mystic, "winning" tradition,"beautiful" Wrigley Field, the Marte Gras atmosphere of each home game that masks the fact that the team is nearing 100 years of futility, and of course, today, the all important spring training records. Besides, after "Stone-Gate" a couple of years ago, that's why those two were brought aboard. Very little to no criticism of the Cubs and how they play. Very vanilla, milquetoast broadcasts, everything is happy and sunny in Cubby land. Quick, when was the last time Bob Brenley told you some interesting, inside tidbit, or shared some valuable information during a Cub broadcast ?

Dick Allen
03-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Why would we be surprised ? They've got nothing else. It's all they can hang their hat on, meaningless spring training records. The emperor has no clothes. TribCo. hypes stuff that is worthless, or doesn't exist at all: Cub mystic, "winning" tradition,"beautiful" Wrigley Field, the Marte Gras atmosphere of each home game that masks the fact that the team is nearing 100 years of futility, and of course, today, the all important spring training records. Besides, after "Stone-Gate" a couple of years ago, that's why those two were brought aboard. Very little to no criticism of the Cubs and how they play. Very vanilla, milquetoast broadcasts, everything is happy and sunny in Cubby land. Quick, when was the last time Bob Brenley told you some interesting, inside tidbit, or shared some valuable information during a Cub broadcast ?I wouldn't know, since I never listen to those turds. If ever I do turn on a Cubs game, the mute button is hit.

Edward
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
The Snore comes in pretty well in DeKalb... or are you trying to say that you don't have a radio handy?

I have a radio built into my receiver, but i don't have one of those goofy AM antennas. I'm about to break out the coat hangers and tin foil. If only i would have showed up to that electronic engineering class more a few years ago....

veeter
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
What's funny is, that the Sox are kicking their ass. Thome's a monster, Buehrle is being Buehrle and gas can gave up a bomb. Life is good.

The Critic
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I didn't think Kasper was all that bad, (outside of his Marvin the Martian voice)

Never really noticed the Marvin The Martian voice before!
LOL!
:redneck

HebrewHammer
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
What's worse is today's MLB "preview" at ESPN.com. I don't consider myself "flubsessed," but this is getting ridiculous.

0o0o0
03-27-2006, 04:54 PM
These guys are 10 times the homer Hawk is.

:tealtutor:

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I Liked how during the broadcast, they would pan the cub fans, and make light-hearted comments, but within 2 or 3 feet was a SOX fan. No matter where the camera was, there was a SOX fan within inches. Awesome.

Also, they mentioned 12,000 and something fans at Mesa "a new cub record"
and as the camera panned the fans ..........they decided to say nothing.:cool:

TaylorStSox
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
They do suck. Hawk's suck factor is on par with them though.

santo=dorf
03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Would one Cub fan or loser Cub announcer please explain the importance of attendance to me? The Harlem Globetrotters always draw at every venue. Is that as big as a deal as Wrigley's attendance?

The Cubs are like a combination of the Harlem Globetrotters and Washington Generals. They always lose and still draw lots of people.

Lip Man 1
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Actually going into today's play the Red Sox and White Sox were tied for the 'worst' record in spring training.

Lip

Edward
03-27-2006, 07:48 PM
The Cubs are like a combination of the Harlem Globetrotters and Washington Generals. They always lose and still draw lots of people.

:rolling: Well Put.

SoxandtheCityTee
03-27-2006, 10:17 PM
From today's broadcast by the Cubs announcers:

Smugly noting that both of Thome's home runs "made it back onto the field" and chucking proudly over the crowd chants of "throw it back." It had never occurred to me that this idiocy is actually encouraged by them.

Explaining that in ST the rules are different and that Thome was the Sox DH today while the Cubs sent Maddux to the plate twice, and Thome hit the two long ones, so "it's not fair, ha-ha" -- a joke, but a lame one that sounded whiny to me. It already doesn't count, guys: it's Spring Training. Relax.

When AJ came to the plate, ritual mention of the Josh Paul trap in ALCS Game 2. "We'll never know" what actually happened, but Paul "certainly was sure he caught it cleanly." Well, that is what counts, after all.

They're terrible. Just terrible. I would've listened to the radio but the game was over; I was watching the recording.

soxjim
03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I remember one time they were mimicking Hawk's "He Gone" in a game vs the SOX. I will only watch them when they have the broadcast vs the SOX. Otherwise the cubs are not allowed on my TV.

DrCrawdad
03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
From today's broadcast by the Cubs announcers:

Smugly noting that both of Thome's home runs "made it back onto the field" and chucking proudly over the crowd chants of "throw it back." It had never occurred to me that this idiocy is actually encouraged by them.

Explaining that in ST the rules are different and that Thome was the Sox DH today while the Cubs sent Maddux to the plate twice, and Thome hit the two long ones, so "it's not fair, ha-ha" -- a joke, but a lame one that sounded whiny to me. It already doesn't count, guys: it's Spring Training. Relax.

When AJ came to the plate, ritual mention of the Josh Paul trap in ALCS Game 2. "We'll never know" what actually happened, but Paul "certainly was sure he caught it cleanly." Well, that is what counts, after all.

Note the comments here by a Cubbie blogger:

No, really! I saw it coming right at me and tried to position myself to get it, but I couldn't get it on the fly (no glove, darnitall!) and it bounced into the hands of ... a Sox fan wearing a Konerko t-shirt, next blanket over. If you were watching the game and saw someone "throw it back" (a "tradition" I think is mightily stupid...) that wasn't the real ball, it was a throwback ball...At the time that ball flew onto the field, the real ball was nestled in the hands of a very cute one-year-old girl who was sitting with the family from whom Mr. Konerko T-Shirt came.

Note to The Friendly Ghost: Throwing items on the field is against the rules too.

SoxFan76
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
:tealtutor:

Hawk's a homer but he always respects the other team. He has nice things to say about them, points out their strengths, etc. These guys were straight up ripping on the Sox.

slavko
03-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Brenly is mean-spirited, disinterested, and lacks radio skills, insight, and a sense of humor. In short, he's the Total Package. The other guy is, well just another guy. Who gives an s-word anyway.

DickAllen72
03-28-2006, 12:53 AM
I remember one time they were mimicking Hawk's "He Gone" in a game vs the SOX. I will only watch them when they have the broadcast vs the SOX. Otherwise the cubs are not allowed on my TV.

That was Stone & Caray.

FedEx227
03-28-2006, 01:17 AM
The Harlem Globetrotters always draw at every venue.

Krusty's Accountant: So let me get this straight - you took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it against the Harlem Globetrotters?

Krusty the Clown: But I thought the Generals were due.

Krusty the Clown: He's spinning the ball on his finger. Just take it. That game was fixed!

SOXintheBURGH
03-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Krusty's Accountant: So let me get this straight - you took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it against the Harlem Globetrotters?

Krusty the Clown: But I thought the Generals were due.

Krusty the Clown: He's spinning the ball on his finger. Just take it. That game was fixed!

They were using a ladder for Pete's sake!

Tragg
03-28-2006, 02:10 AM
At least you guys get Sox baseball every day....not much reason to watch Bob and Len.

Down here its:
A taste of the chimp with the braves
Bob and Len

Which is why I watch Astros baseball.

Aside from my 25 or so Sox games on WGN.

PatK
03-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Someone should let them know how last year's Spring Training went for the Sox, and what the result of the end of the season one.

You can have your Spring record- I'll take hoisting the trophy at the end of the playoffs.

Sox-on-TV44
03-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Would one Cub fan or loser Cub announcer please explain the importance of attendance to me? The Harlem Globetrotters always draw at every venue. Is that as big as a deal as Wrigley's attendance?

So does "Star Trek" conventions!:tongue: