PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Views Online

sox230
03-27-2006, 04:04 AM
When I went to buy my double play plan tickets I took a look at the view that comes up when you click on a section on the seating and pricing page on whitesox.com. I wanted to make sure that my seats in sec. 163 row 13 seats 7 and 8 were not obstructed by the foul pole. It did not appear so, until I realized after I bought the tickets that the view was from New Comiskey before the renovations!!!! The sections shifted one to the right and I might be screwed!!!!. I have two questions.
1) Don't the White Sox have to tell me the tickets would be partially obsturcted before I buy them?
2) Shouldn't they update those views so people do not get screwed because I could defiently see it happen?
Thanks. 6 days.

anewman35
03-27-2006, 07:34 AM
When I went to buy my double play plan tickets I took a look at the view that comes up when you click on a section on the seating and pricing page on whitesox.com. I wanted to make sure that my seats in sec. 163 row 13 seats 7 and 8 were not obstructed by the foul pole. It did not appear so, until I realized after I bought the tickets that the view was from New Comiskey before the renovations!!!! The sections shifted one to the right and I might be screwed!!!!.

Um. 163 is in dead center field. Trust me, the foul pole won't be obstructing you.

TornLabrum
03-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Um. 163 is in dead center field. Trust me, the foul pole won't be obstructing you.

The foul pole might not, but the fan deck might.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
The foul pole might not, but the fan deck might.

Especially for balls hit into the right field corner. Row 13 is far enough back that I'm pretty sure there will be some blockage.

The infield, center field and left field will have no obstructions.

Trav
03-27-2006, 08:46 AM
The Royals are letting people come to the stadium on off days to sit in their seats to see if they enjoy them. I thought that was cool. I don't know if they are the only ones who do that or not. It was on the broadcast yesterday. Do the Sox do it?

Sargeant79
03-27-2006, 08:56 AM
The Royals are letting people come to the stadium on off days to sit in their seats to see if they enjoy them. I thought that was cool. I don't know if they are the only ones who do that or not. It was on the broadcast yesterday. Do the Sox do it?

Yes. When I bought my hit-and-run plan this year, I went to the stadium to pick out my seats. I got a chance to sit in each location that I had as an option and pick whichever I thought had the best view.

Trav
03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes. When I bought my hit-and-run plan this year, I went to the stadium to pick out my seats. I got a chance to sit in each location that I had as an option and pick whichever I thought had the best view.

How were the green seats? Just kidding.

That's cool that they do that.

sox230
03-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Damnit I meant section 156

sox230
03-27-2006, 01:24 PM
So I am an idiot, I have seats at sec. 156, not 163, row 13 seats 7 and 8. That could be obstructed, but they would have to tell me before hand, right?

BeefyD
03-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Did we really need a new thread for this????

zach61
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
So I am an idiot, I have seats at sec. 156, not 163, row 13 seats 7 and 8. That could be obstructed, but they would have to tell me before hand, right?

Maybe not since everybody knows where the foul poles are and I highly doubt that you won't be able to see the infield because of that pole. Last I checked, the pole doesn't obstruct that much and you are able to see around it. Maybe you could email Brooks and he could remove the foul poles as part of a fan appreciation day.

Sad
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
check it out at seatdata.com...
use the 4x feature to get a better view
looks like the foul pole is in the field of view...

Chez
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I hate to ruin your day, but I sat in Section 156 for three playoff games in October. The pole IS an issue; it depends on exactly where you are in that section. I couldn't see the pitcher from my seat (which kind of sucked) because of the pole, but fans two seats on either side could see the pitcher -- and had other blind spots. Sorry.