PDA

View Full Version : ST Holders: Don't use your "hard" tix opening nite.

NoNeckEra
03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Sox are offering two free "forwards" on their ST management site, meaning the $2 per ticket fee for forwarding tickets will be waived for two games.

So, my suggestion is to forward the tix to yourself, and save the original ticket stub unblemished. I'd like to think it's going to be a nice collectible.

Cuck the Fubs
03-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't think they don't "tear" tickets anymore.....they read the barcode on them with a scanner.

So the tickets should be okay either way ya go I think.

I know our playoff & world series tix were unharmed.

Ol' No. 2
03-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Sox are offering two free "forwards" on their ST management site, meaning the $2 per ticket fee for forwarding tickets will be waived for two games.

So, my suggestion is to forward the tix to yourself, and save the original ticket stub unblemished. I'd like to think it's going to be a nice collectible.When was the last time you were at a game?:?:

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Wow. They've been scanning tickets since mid-2003.

NoNeckEra
03-26-2006, 10:56 PM
When was the last time you were at a game?:?:

OK, OK, OK, I know they scan tickets, but if you saw the condition of my mangled tickets after games(including my WS game 1 ticket) after I jam 'em in my pants pocket, etc, etc, you'd consider this too.

HebrewHammer
03-26-2006, 10:59 PM
OK, OK, OK, I know they scan tickets, but if you saw the condition of my mangled tickets after games(including my WS game 1 ticket) after I jam 'em in my pants pocket, etc, etc, you'd consider this too.

How did you fit a WS ticket into your pocket? Those things were freakin' huge!

koch44
03-26-2006, 11:09 PM

They had them in a plastic holder that people wore around their neck.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 11:14 PM
They had them in a plastic holder that people wore around their neck.

I think they are still selling them, not a bad idea for the opening day tickets. Although, a bit pricey for them...$20.

koch44
03-26-2006, 11:20 PM
I think they are still selling them, not a bad idea for the opening day tickets. Although, a bit pricey for them...$20.

I bought one with a replica ticket in it at the parade for $10.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I bought one with a replica ticket in it at the parade for $10.

Damn you! The Sox gift shop is was selling them for $20 in December

DumpJerry
03-27-2006, 09:59 AM
They gave away free lanyards (left over from the '03 ASG) at the new ST holder parties.

kevingrt
03-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I think every sporting event should scan tickets like the White Sox do. It leads to more collectible tickets. At the NCAA tourney this year they still ripped off the stubs. Kind of annoying but oh well.

BLRMKRdave
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Where does it state we get 2 free forwards?

johnr1note
03-27-2006, 10:38 AM

My WS tickets were standard sized -- fit very nicely in the pocket. Of course, all i could score was upper deck seats, so maybe that explains it.

IlliniSox4Life
03-27-2006, 11:21 AM

I get what he's saying. I very rarely have a ticket come out unharmed. Heck, I can barely recognize some ticketfast printouts sometimes after a game.

NoNeckEra
03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Where does it state we get 2 free forwards?
I got an email to this effect a couple of days ago.