PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Exchange Trophy Replica

ws05champs
03-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Just heard from a reliable source that the Bradford Exchange will be releasing a replica of the trophy. It will play "Don't Stop Believin" and will cost about $200. Don't have any details when it will be out, its size or if Hanger was consulted on the manufacturing details.

Unregistered
03-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Just heard from a reliable source that the Bradford Exchange will be releasing a replica of the trophy.
Wow, that's pretty cool!

It will play "Don't Stop Believin"...
Nevermind.

Cuck the Fubs
03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
there is an ad for it in the Sun TImes today...

$200, limited to a run of 2005.

It's got a "rally parade" that circles the inside of the trophy, with a lighted Chicago skyline behind it.

And yes, Steve Perry has given it his blessing:gulp:

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 09:55 AM

It's got a "rally parade" that circles the inside of the trophy, with a lighted Chicago skyline behind it.

Mine is way better. unlimited run also .....heh heh

Iwritecode
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM

So who's going to scan the ad? Do they show a picture of it?

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Just heard from a reliable source that the Bradford Exchange will be releasing a replica of the trophy. It will play "Don't Stop Believin" and will cost about $200. Don't have any details when it will be out, its size or if Hanger was consulted on the manufacturing details.was your source an ad in the suntimes yesterday?

WS in 05
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
what section was this in?

The Critic
03-27-2006, 12:39 PM
It was a single-page pullout ad, a little thicker paper stock than the normal ads.
It looks OK, but a 200 dollar trinket is not in my budget right now.
I got beers, Polishes and churros to factor into the budget, starting April 4th.
:D:

ws05champs
03-27-2006, 04:04 PM
was your source an ad in the suntimes yesterday?

No. I heard this from a friend on Saturday night.

It appears that the insert has limited circulation and it was not in our Sun Times in Elmhurst. Can anyone scan the ad and post it?

Cuck the Fubs
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
When I get home from work later this evening, I will scan & post the ad here.

Stay tuned:smile:

Cuck the Fubs
03-28-2006, 02:09 AM
here's the ad......hope this helps!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/ad1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/ad2.jpg

Realist
03-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Hot damn! That thing is pretty sweet! :o: Thanks for the pic, Cuckaroo.

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/ad1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/ad2.jpg

Can you repost this ........... I cant see it

CLR01
03-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Can you repost this ........... I cant see it

The picture is fine the problem is with your computer.

Cuck the Fubs
03-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Hangar,

I sent ya an e mail.....hopefully that will work for ya

Unregistered
03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/ad1.jpgHoly crap - think they could try to squeeze any more **** onto that thing? Maybe the Oprah studios, showing the players on the show while it played the Oprah theme song... or maybe someone beating the crap out of Mariotti in the parking lot? :wink:

Baby Fisk
03-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Holy crap - think they could try to squeeze any more **** onto that thing? Maybe the Oprah studios, showing the players on the show while it played the Oprah theme song... or maybe someone beating the crap out of Mariotti in the parking lot? :wink:It's not exactly a "skyline" as much as it is "familiar buildings crammed together". Kind of gaudy looking, but hey, we's the World Champs, dammit! Bring on the bling! :cool:

Law11
03-28-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd get this in a heartbeat but I dont have the Sunday Times. Its not on the hawthorne village site either.

Cuck the Fubs
03-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I can scan the little coupon thingie at the bottom of the ad for anyone who needs it....

You guys let me know....I can either e mail it to ya or just post it here.

Brian26
03-28-2006, 01:43 PM
My first thought is that this thing looks more like one of those Department 56 Christmas Villages than a baseball souvenir. I'm not saying I don't like it, but it's very busy.

SweetnesSox
03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
it looks fat... anyone else notice this? like... squatty?

Realist
03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
it looks fat... anyone else notice this? like... squatty?

I think it's more of a collage that's framed by elements of the World Series trophy than an actual replica of the trophy. I want one.

jabrch
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Is there a website or a phone number? I can't read that...

ws05champs
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I can scan the little coupon thingie at the bottom of the ad for anyone who needs it....

You guys let me know....I can either e mail it to ya or just post it here.

Scanning both sides of the coupon and posting it would be great! I tried enlarging in Photoshop what you scanned of the full ad but it got pretty distorted.

Or if you'd like, attach a high quality/resolution scan and send it to me as an E-mail attachment and I'll convert it to a .PDF and post it on my Web site with a link from here.

Thanks for your help.

Cuck the Fubs
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey gang,

I'm still at work for another 2 hours.....

When I get home, I will send the full size scans to all those who PMed about them.

So if anyone else needs the scans, shoot me a PM and I will get them out to you guys when I get home!

BeefyD
03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
1. Go home. It's 10:30. (unless you're an overnight security guard):smile:

2. I think its quite sweet (thanks for the scan). I will probably buy one, although I wish the sticks of the flags were a bit taller in front.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
My first thought is that this thing looks more like one of those Department 56 Christmas Villages than a baseball souvenir. I'm not saying I don't like it, but it's very busy.
It's only missing the fiber-optic fireworks shooting out of the scoreboard!

Hangar, I'm sorry to say I've never seen your trophy. Are there photos of it posted anywhere?

ChiSoxGirl
03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
It's only missing the fiber-optic fireworks shooting out of the scoreboard!

Hangar, I'm sorry to say I've never seen your trophy. Are there photos of it posted anywhere?

Check the WSI Members photo gallery. Pictures of Hangar's old and NEW trophy are in there. I took them, so either go to my gallery or search for pictures with my name underneath.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Check the WSI Members photo gallery. Pictures of Hangar's old and NEW trophy are in there. I took them, so either go to my gallery or search for pictures with my name underneath.
Wow, very cool! Thanks - not at all what I was expecting, what with all the talk of Hangar and tinfoil...:duck:

Cuck the Fubs
03-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Okay I sent off the hi res scans to the 2 requests I had.....if anyone else needs it, I have it.

Hangar, sweet job on that trophy man.......

And I'd love to leave @ 10:30.....but no can do...lol

rainbow6
05-06-2006, 10:43 PM
My father came over tonight to watch the game and mentioned he saw an add in the paper a few days ago for a replica World Series trophy that cost $199...

I've searched the net and could find no info on this...anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

CLR01
05-06-2006, 10:47 PM
If it is the one that was advertised in the Sun Times do a search and there is a thread about it hear. I wouldn't pay $200 for it.

EDIT-The link

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68178&highlight=suntimes+replica

Garland_IS_God
05-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for them to ship it. I cant wait to put it on my dresser with all my other World Series memorabilia!

Bobbo35
05-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Hot damn! That thing is pretty sweet! :o: Thanks for the pic, Cuckaroo.

Ya, that is nice. I have to give a good story to the wife to get it.

Chicago
07-22-2006, 02:28 PM
I was wondering if any one that ordered has recieved the trophy yet??? I sent check for this back on April 26th and just today I recieved a refund check saying that they had to refund my money because they were not able to deliever on time. I can endorse the check back to them but I wouldn't recieve the trophy until the end of October. I just wanted to get the thoughts from those that already have the trophy.

Garland_IS_God
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I was wondering if any one that ordered has recieved the trophy yet??? I sent check for this back on April 26th and just today I recieved a refund check saying that they had to refund my money because they were not able to deliever on time. I can endorse the check back to them but I wouldn't recieve the trophy until the end of October. I just wanted to get the thoughts from those that already have the trophy.

They sent me a card about a month ago saying to "check here" if I still wanted to order the item otherwise they would refund the money. I sent the card back and they say I should have it by August. Im hoping it comes soon!

Chicago
07-22-2006, 02:37 PM
They sent me a card about a month ago saying to "check here" if I still wanted to order the item otherwise they would refund the money. I sent the card back and they say I should have it by August. Im hoping it comes soon!

Yeah I got the same thing about a month ago, I checked it sent it back saying I still wanted it, and today they said they can't get it to me by August.

nasox
07-22-2006, 03:51 PM
To whoever that bumped this thread:

You made me think Hangar was back posting because he posted in the March portion of the thread. Then I looked at the dates. :redface:

MarySwiss
07-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd buy this thing, but I'm busy saving my pennies to pay the tax when I win the World Series ring. :D:

Chicago
07-22-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd buy this thing, but I'm busy saving my pennies to pay the tax when I win the World Series ring. :D:

Oh your winning one too, nice... we should get together and take some pics for the site :D:

slobes
07-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I think overall that's a pretty cool looking trophy. Glad to see one thread where we can all unite, not calling for Vasquez's head or for Joey Cora to be sent to the minors.

MarySwiss
07-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh your winning one too, nice... we should get together and take some pics for the site :D:

By all means! :wink:

BeefyD
07-22-2006, 05:33 PM
By all means! :wink:

Actually, good news for all of us who bought our raffle tix... On the radio during the game they talked to the WS rep about the raffle. She said only about 50,000 tickets have been sold, so our odds are almost double!!!! (I'm assuming more tickets will sell in the next 10 days)

MarySwiss
07-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually, good news for all of us who bought our raffle tix... On the radio during the game they talked to the WS rep about the raffle. She said only about 50,000 tickets have been sold, so our odds are almost double!!!! (I'm assuming more tickets will sell in the next 10 days)

I suspected as much when DJ had some marketing person from the Sox on the other day urging people to get in there and buy.

This probably has a lot to do with the fact that online tickets were only available to Illinois residents. (Yes, I know that's the law, but it's a dumb law.) So those of us who live outside the state had to either buy our ticket when we visited or ask friends or relatives to buy one for us.

BeefyD
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
My brother, friend and I each went in for 5 tickets... Then I thought to myself, if my brother wins, at least it'll be my last name, I can borrow it. However, if my buddy wins, will I be happy, or jealous? :D: :(: :angry:

CLR01
07-22-2006, 11:56 PM
However, if my buddy wins, will I be happy, or jealous? :D: :(: :angry:

You could always jump him and steal it but that might kill the friendship.

Anyone want to give me $1,000,000 so I can buy the remaining 50,000 tickets? If I win one I'll let you take a picture of it and if I win two I'll let you borrow the second one for a day or two. :smile: